Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Of Greeks and Ghols: Adeptus versus Mirokan
Mirokan Offline
Private

Of Greeks and Ghols: Adeptus versus Mirokan

Deep in the dark dank caverns, two races converge near an old dwarven outpost. Known as Khazad-Dumaz in its heydey, the once-proud dwarven outpost has fallen into ruin.
Two factions will fight over this hallowed ground, and one will emerge the victor.

[Image: greeks.png]

A tribe of Ghols lumber in from an adjacent cavern. While they appear clumsy and awkward, they slip through the dark caverns with unusual stealth.
They come here not for some ideological reason, not to expand their territory or to mine the resources and gold this cave is known for.
Rather, these primitive savages are looking for food.

Bolg, the darker ghoul, has appointed himself as the de facto leader of this tribe.
He barks tersely at the others, "Food, ahead. Mushrooms for eating."
As they lumber foward, he waits for them to catch up.

[Image: ileEZqo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2011 11:08 PM by Mirokan.)
03-01-2011 02:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Re: Of Greeks and Ghols: Adeptus versus Mirokan

[Image: d0c3bc1ad9.PNG]
From far far away, all from along the surface, they had come. Alkos and his faithful men, though large in numbers when departed, had finally reached a no turning point.
" Well my fellows, from here we shall not advance any longer. We must start building an outpost here; I'd recommend exploring this abandoned place, and see if something worthy of value is here. Then, we can use this tunnels as a main basis for our new glorious outpost. So, fellows, Let's get to work!"
"I hope the men we left behind reach this place.. though I don't think many will do so".
When standing, Alkos felt something was out of place. He couldn't be more right..

I used to be Adeptus. Fuck off if you didn't know me.
03-01-2011 03:02 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

[Image: greeks1.png]

Weapons are slung across their backs, as the ghols forage for food. More younglings surge from the cave, eagerly awaiting food.
For you see, until a ghol gets enough food to become an adult, they will stay perpetually childlike through prolonged malnutrition. These younger ghols are often used as cannon fodder in battle, and
often have to prove themselves by killing an enemy, then eating its corpse to become an adult. This is the way most ghols become adults, but others simply forage for food.
Ghols constantly have to search for food not only for themselves, but for their giant masters.
Fortunately, this scouting party is far ahead of the main force, and giants won't be seen for quite a while.

03-01-2011 03:27 AM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

[Image: 2cab1687c8.PNG]
Alkos moved on to the destroyed bridge. Looking up the risk, he thinks.
"How the hell are we supossed to reach up there? We sure don't have enough men to build a brige, but foremost we don't have the mats. I guess we will have to wait for the straglers. Should they ever come..."
Away from those dark thoughts, the archer has climbed up to the observation post. It seems ideal for him to settle there, and act as a scout and defense line.
The swordsman explores the barracks under the earth, he is amazed at how dwarves, being so small, build so huge things.
"Smart men, must they be, to build such an incredible place." The soldier thinks.
However, upper even than the archer, a stragler reaches quicker than expected, along with a wagon full of mining, building, and food suplies.
The miners demolish the old statue and part of the stairway. They try to figure out on how to make their own.

03-01-2011 03:55 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

[Image: greeks2.png]
The ghols harvest the rest of the mushrooms, but they run into a chasm. The ghols debate the possible courses of action, while the younglings wait.
Their possible ideas are to wait or jump. For fairly obvious reasons, they decide to wait.

03-01-2011 11:36 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Sorry I didn't declared yesterday. I waas on a friends house and didn't have my spritesheet with me. taking my turn now.
[br]

EditeOhNo[time]1299087985[/time]
[Image: f073fca42f.PNG]
Suddenly, the newly arrived worker, as old as he is, can't control his wagon. It falls, and breaks down into pieces by almost killing one of the workers and the archer in the process. Despite of this, the cargo seems to be intact. The wagon man runs downhill until he sees the archer.
"HEY! Long time no see anyone of us!"
In spite of answering the old man, the archer looks down the precipice.
"What in gods name was that?"
The swordsman keeps exploring the dwarven outpost. Alkos doesn't see the man uphill, but instead he thinks the same the archer does.
The miner removes the old stairs completely, and starts digging the tunnel from where reinforcements should arrive. The other one demolishes the statue completely. He is idle for a moment, and he doesn't know what to do.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 05:46 PM by Adeptus.)
03-02-2011 03:56 PM
Mirokan Offline
Private

I cannot see your image good sir.

03-02-2011 10:12 PM
Elf
Unregistered

Should work now.
03-02-2011 10:33 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

I upload from the forum uploader because I think it-s better not to make conflicts abnout uploaders.
What I am trying to say is:
ELF
YOU ARE A FUCKING GENIUS MA'n

03-03-2011 12:12 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

Thanks Elf.

[Image: greeks3.png]
As the ghols bicker among themselves, Bolg and his subordinates nearly come to arms. Ghol society is based mostly on violence and dominance, and this tribe is no different.
However, as each of the ghols hear giant footsteps, the game changes. They each whip around, and look backwards into the cave.
A Giant bull minotaur has arrived in the cave, carrying a large bundle of logs for building. Each of the ghols stand at attention, careful not to arouse his ire.

03-03-2011 12:23 AM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

[Image: f7f0bbdb09.PNG]

Alkos seems to be somehow uneasy. Strange noises in the distance... but no so distant, coming from the only direction they haven't explored yet. This can only mean one thing, Alkos thinks.

ENEMIES.

Meanwhile, the workers decide to use the building supplies and start building an outpost, in order to be better protected against any threat. The wagon man goes back the road in order to find more straglers. The swordsman ends his reckoning of the underground barracks, and goes straight to Alkos to report for more duties. He also hears the noises in the distance, but he doesn't expect the same as Alkos. Yet.

Strangely, a medium group of soldiers commanded by commander Heraklios come mining from a point very near to the rear part of the WIP base.

"Robert, are you sure this is the way? It's like the second time you get us lost."
"My lord, my name is Katos."
"I don't care. Just take us back with high Lord Alkos. We've got to give him the news."
"Straight away, sir!"

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011 01:45 AM by Adeptus.)
03-05-2011 01:40 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

[Image: greeks4.png]
As the lumbering giant approaches, instincts kick in for the ghols. Younglings run away from the thundering footsteps, and the ghols offer their paltry food to the giant while groveling.
Bolg gives the formal greeting, and surrenders his leadership to the giant.

"I am Bolg, Tribe leader of these caverns. We shall serve only you, master."

The giant contemplates for a moment, and gives his answer with a resounding voice. "I am Theseus, and I was once a thrall-giant of the surface. I have freed myself, and I am now your new leader.
If you serve me, we will conquer all before us."

The bond is made, and all of the ghols are bound to serve the giant until their eventual deaths.

03-05-2011 08:08 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

[Image: ed15309095.PNG]
The main part of the outpost is almost finished. The archer goes down the stairs in order to check if the new base is a better place from where to take a defensive position. He doubts is for a moment. Meanwhile, the workers have done hell of a job. they have cleaned the first floor of the old outpost, and they are using it as a depot now.
The swordsman reports to Alkos. Alkos can't stop thinking on how these dwarves could have been so great. He has never sen them, only ruins and leyends of old beggars in the streets, or drunken soldiers in the taverns. But nothing more. He wonders what could have lead them to extinction. Or at least, to dissapear. He wonders... and fears. The enemies he suspects are near may be the cause. If so... what could depart him and his kinsmen? He could only wait. And expect, if he had to, to die with honor and glory. Or more likely, to prevail over all difficulties.
He wondered.
Heraklios and his men arrive and destroy the upper tower stair in the process. The miner spots High lord Alkos downhill.

"Well I'll be damned, Robert! You have lead us in the correct direction at last!"
"My name is Katos sir."
"You haven't erant my respect yet, you twat. Now go down the outpost and see if your services are needed, twas I need you no more".

[br]

EditeOhNo[time]1299473197[/time]
There is a problem here with the image..
EDIT: Done. Image wouldn't upload correctly. Odd bug.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 04:50 AM by Adeptus.)
03-07-2011 03:54 AM
Flummox Offline
Particle Oscillator Extraordinaire

I was totally seeing a different image there...
But then I refreshed and it was different...
Huh.
03-07-2011 05:09 AM
warhamer Offline
Private

use [img][/img] and if the local up loader doesn't work use an image up loader like image shack but make sure to give it an exact name
03-07-2011 11:46 AM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

I couldn't get the right image uploaded. Don't know why. The problem is solved now, so what's your opinion on the match?

03-07-2011 02:07 PM
warhamer Offline
Private

looks interesting, I'm wondering how your men will survive against that giant
03-07-2011 02:30 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Alkos is spartan :monw:.

03-07-2011 03:06 PM
Elf
Unregistered

Your image is still not right, not sure why - just tested it. Did you use it for more than one upload at a time and if so did you copy the right link?
03-07-2011 05:09 PM
warhamer Offline
Private

it was working earlier elf I could see the image
03-07-2011 06:03 PM
Elf
Unregistered

The issue has been solved, no further images will be overwritten.
03-07-2011 06:40 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

The link is copied perfectly now. In fact, I solved the problem like, I don't know, 6 hours ago maybe?
not sure what's working wrong dude.

03-08-2011 02:45 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

[Image: greeks5.png]
Theseus drops his load, and accepts the offering of mushrooms. Their entire store of the purple fungus is quickly depleted by the ravenous beast.
Like most giants, Theseus is dominated by his stomach. Being several thousand pounds, it's fairly to hard to find constant nourishment.

Bolg communicates with the beast once again. "What would you have us do, giant-kin?"

As Theseus finishes the last of his plump helmets, he catches a faint whiff in the caves.
Manflesh! The fare of the caves is limited, and covered with hooves, barbs, spikes, and fur. Man, however, is analogous to a bar of chocolate to any savage.
The maddening thought of something so delicious causes him to be short with his minions.

"There is Manflesh in these caves. Find it, and bring it to me."

03-11-2011 03:46 AM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Will declare tonight. Have some stuff to do right now.

03-13-2011 08:17 PM