Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Squib art dump adventure!
Seventeenth Squid Offline
Victy Master

Squib art dump adventure!

So recently I've been doodling a lot in class so I've decided to upload some of the cooler ones. I will group them with similar pictures.

A few pictures for an RPG system I wrote, set in a giant metal tower thing.
[Image: ukklU.jpg]
A few small sketches, mainly helmet/mask designs.

[Image: F2Fvb.jpg]
A police kinda guy, more like SWAT really. Mostly just an armor concept. Also includes some early gun designs!

[Image: nasOS.jpg]
A badass secret police guy, who happens to have an axe.

[Image: dkpcX.jpg]
Loadsa weapons! My favorite is the double barreled over-under .50 pistol.

[Image: BKc7r.jpg]
A quick design sketch of some police power armor. Also some futuristic-styled melee weapons. Only half finished because the other half would be exactly the same!

Alscala, land of the insect nations!
A wonderful world-building project of mine involving anthropomorphic insects of varying sorts hitting each other with medieval weaponry. Mainly made for an excuse to write awesome medieval fables but replace all the knights with ants and the dragons with centipedes.

[Image: UHGVM.jpg]
A map of the wonderful land, showing cities, landmarks and of course the seven nations.

[Image: gVgHv.png]
The sentient races of Alscala, arranged to show scale.

[Image: P0Icx.jpg]
Some Solfen soldiers on a routine patrol through a swamp during the Second Spider War. This picture was inked because I was bored, but I never got around to erasing the pencil lines and really sharpening it up. Still a cool scene though!

[Image: U41NE.jpg]
A spider soldier just chilling out. He is ever loyal to the Spider King!

[Image: lJI2J.jpg]
A Terian wasp flipping her shit. Death or glory for queen and hive!

[Image: Ak4Rq.png]
A Solfen knight and a Kraaven knight.

Various other pictures:
[Image: AJZqv.jpg]
Some kind of worm alien with some robot arms strapped on so he can hold a rifle.

[Image: aUNvp.jpg]
A CAP recruitment poster thing.

[Image: iq2Kl.jpg]
A robot with speaker towers for shoulders!

[Image: I6krP.jpg]
An MMI blinkbot, a guy in a coat and a mask, and a quick sketch of a combat walker robot thing.

[Image: O9t0m.jpg]
A big giant buff crab alien thing. Very happy with how the shading on this one turned out.

[Image: AYc8Q.jpg]
An alien, skeleton or maybe robot covered in speakers and audio cables.

[Image: ZGwv4.jpg]
Beep boop I am a robot.

FORGET THE SUN
[Image: IDMBN.jpg]

[Image: gKFxo.jpg]

[Image: o6rpy.jpg]

And that is all! Feel free to comment or whatever, I'm also open to requests! I could always use fun exciting things to draw.
03-31-2011 12:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flummox Offline
Particle Oscillator Extraordinaire

Re: Squib art dump adventure!

:buddy: spiders
I did something almost exactly like what you did with the insects, except it also had birds and people made of stone and wasn't quite nearly as awesome as yours.
Also I love Forget The Sun. I love everything.

EDIT: You and I draw anthropomorphic ants almost exactly the same, except yours are a bit more awesome
03-31-2011 12:47 AM
Synthetic Offline
(aka Jager) Forum Moderator

These are not only nicely drawn, but they are also really cool concepts.

[Image: 3dmsrbh][Image: R3PBvyl.png][Image: WyBNV.gif][Image: JLPOu.gif]
03-31-2011 02:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aliendrone123 Offline
Private

Those insects are freaking awesome man!

&quot;Aliendrone, master of saying things without actually saying anything.&quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; -Rahkshi Lord<br /><br />HUGE FAGGOT
04-01-2011 01:55 AM
Über Away
pocket

I love the insects and the CAP poster. No chance I'm posting my art here after this!
04-01-2011 03:15 AM
Reconunit Offline
(under)Pants on head retarded

Love the insects and especially the worm/snake thing.

All your humans have really stiff and boring poses though.
04-01-2011 04:55 AM
Alobomb Offline
Private

I love EVERYTHING

:dab_left: :dab_right:
04-05-2011 11:59 PM
Victy Master

The insect men got a lot of love in this thread so I've been drawing more of them recently. The world is really coming together nicely and it's a lot of fun to draw and write about. I drew up some little group scenes of soldiers from four of the nations, more will probably come soon.

[Image: gjEPb.jpg]
Queendom of Solf
Real world basis: Medieval England/France
Solf is a typical medieval society, presided over by a ruling family of ants (the Lelat clan) in which the eldest fertile female (they're ants so the majority of the population are infertile workers) is proclaimed the ruler. Society is based on clan relations, with groups of ants often more loyal to their queen-mothers than to the nation as a whole. Overall, though, Solf is a progressive and advanced nation in terms of technology, culture and industry. The population is largely ants, though there are sizable groups of beetles, fireflies and flies.

Military: Solfen war groups rely on large blocks of disciplined spearmen backed by heavily armored noble knights. They also use crossbows to great effect supporting their troops.

[Image: lG9JO.jpg]
Queendom of Kraav
Real world basis: Medieval Russia/Norway
Kraav is Solf's neighbor to the north and just as often an ally as a rival. Kraaven society is also ruled by a high queen, of the Kraav clan, but the clan system is given much less weight. Kraaven ants typically consider their clan a secondary obligation to their own interests or the good of their nation. Kraav is also mainly ants but has considerable populations of beetles, spiders and flies.

Military: Kraaven military forces rely on groups of highly mobile light infantry armed with axes, heavy swords and javelins who strike quickly and outflank slower forces.

[Image: 4W1UF.jpg]
Kingdom of Shraknell
Real world basis: Medieval Germany/Switzerland
The name "kingdom" is a bit of a misnomer, as in Shraknell both males and females rule. The current king or queen appoints a successor to take over following their death or retirement. Shraknell's population consists mainly of beetles but also includes a very high number of ants as well as small communities of flies and spiders. Shraknell attempts to maintain a reputation as a peaceful nation, but will not hesitate to defend themselves stoically as they have done during each of the three Spider Wars.

Military: The beetle kings rely on government musters of soldiers to raise and equip a powerful standing army. Shraknell warriors typically wear extremely heavy armor and use massive shields or four-handed weapons to crush and maim enemies in single powerful swings. Others wear little to no armor, allowing the use of their wings to strike enemies from above with throwing axes and arrows.

[Image: Sgs4m.jpg]
The Spider Kingdom
Real world basis: Imperial Russia/China
The Spider Kingdom sits in the far east and is typically regarded by the governments of Solf, Kraav and Shraknell as the primary threat to their safety. With a highly disciplined, warlike culture the spiders are often pushing for military conquests to the west. Their society is organized into castes based on race. The highest caste, with the right to serve in government institutions and full legal rights, includes spiders and flies. The next caste, who cannot hold government positions, includes beetles, ants, fireflies and harvestmen. The lowest caste, who cannot hold property and are essentially slaves, includes wasps and scorpions though next to no scorpions are found in the Spider Kingdom. The title of Spider King is passed by the current ruler to a chosen successor who, upon ascending to the throne, loses his identity and is only referred to as "the Spider King" for the rest of his or her life. In this way, the Kingdom creates an aura of immortality and majesty around the throne. The Kindom uses a form of service nobility to insure that lords look to the King before their own interests, and Spider law and discipline are legendary.

Military: The Spider military relies on groups of ferocious, mobile and iron-willed light feudal infantry backed up by swarms of light aerial skirmishers. The armored fist of their forces are the government-run War Monasteries, which train elite warriors in the art of single combat and teach them utter iron loyalty. These warriors are feared as some of the mightiest soldiers in all of Alscala.

Other nations coming soon!
04-15-2011 04:31 AM
Synthetic Offline

These are very cool.

You can't really top mantis Cavalry.

04-15-2011 04:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lizzrd Offline
Private

<3 insect people.
04-15-2011 07:21 AM
Über Away
pocket

Agreed, I love the style they're drawn in as well as the concept itself.
04-15-2011 07:58 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

This is like mount and blade plus insects almost.
That would make a really awesome mod too. Also my favorite is the beetle kingdom, since beetle master race is the best.

[Image: ileEZqo.gif]
04-16-2011 07:31 PM
Collective Mind Offline
Commando

Your spiders inspired me to add spiders to my worldbuilding.

[Image: tumblr_m8ppaeeecR1r7l7cko1_400.png]
04-17-2011 12:35 AM
Alobomb Offline
Private

The Shraknell kingdom is undoubtedly dominant

04-17-2011 09:58 PM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

(04-17-2011 09:58 PM)Alobomb link Wrote:  The Shraknell kingdom is undoubtedly dominant
Agreed.
But why are flies at the top of society when spiders eat them?
And more on scorpions.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
04-18-2011 02:02 AM
Victy Master

The Spider Kingdom considers eating sentients disgusting and barbaric. They farm small non-sentient insects for food, so flies have never really been a prey animal. Large numbers of flies fled the Terian floodplains because the Terian wasps are xenophobic assholes, causing a lot of flies to settle in the early Spider Kingdom where they became an important part of the Spider society. Scorpions are coming soon, I just finished drawing a bunch of wasps.
04-18-2011 02:04 AM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

Cool, thanks for the super quick reply.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
04-18-2011 02:10 AM
Victy Master

Insect Funtimes, Part II!
[Image: ySxnu.jpg]
Terian Hives
Real world basis: nothing really?
The Terian Hives are a collection of large wasp cities governed by a council of queens based in Overhive, a city constructed to house them and serve as the center for administration. The Terians are renowned as violent, sadistic and incredibly militaristic, devoting almost all of their population to serving their massive war machine. The Terian wasps actively exterminate and drive out all other species from their territory, and legends of torture and genocide abound. Some say that the Terians even eat prisoners of war alive in city squares.

Military: Terian armies consist of hordes of light infantry with cleavers and war gauntlets who swarm enemies from the ground and the sky simultaneously, hacking and hurling javelins in berserk killing frenzies. Their wings make it tough for them to fight in formation, so they typically spread out in skirmishing formations and attack from all sides. As their entire army is capable of flight, they almost always have a mobility advantage over opposing armies.

[Image: NqrYW.jpg]
Ravia
Real world basis: Africa, Middle East
Ravia is not exactly a nation as it lacks a true central government. Instead, the individual cities in the Ravian desert and mountains agree to obey similar laws and work together when needed. The majority of Ravia's population is scorpions, but some ants, fireflies and beetles live in the more coastal cities. Very little is known of Ravia in Solf, Shraknell and Kraav and they are surrounded by myths and legends. Ravia is constantly defending against incursions from the Spider Kingdom and Teria, both of which have grudges against the scorpions for past military victories.

Military: Despite being the strongest and toughest species in Alscala, the scorpion philosophy/religion dictates that war should be avoided at all costs. Ravian armies only mobilize to defend their territory or raid other nations when resources are so low their people will die without them. When fighting, they use small groups of extremely strong and tough infantry to smash apart enemy formations and tear them apart. Ravian armies rarely use advanced strategies, instead relying on natural prowess to win the day.

Fun bonus image!
[Image: 0uHkL.jpg]
Hornbeetles are often used by Solfen armies to split apart formations and force enemies into defensive positions. Their extremely thick carapaces, augmented by metal plating, makes them near-invulnerable to many forms of attack and they can move quickly in straight lines. They are tough to train for war though, preferring peaceful lives of grazing.

Fun bonus fact!
The majority of ants throughout Alscala are lesbians!
04-18-2011 05:47 AM
Alobomb Offline
Private

I like the scorpians and the lesbian ants but Shraknell is still the best (I especially like the middle guy)

04-19-2011 09:06 PM
Victy Master

Bump with art from the last couple months!

First off a couple of pictures from D&D campaigns I've been involved in, either running or playing.

[Image: D1pK1j6.jpg]
A badass dwarven fighter who loves to kill giant monsters.

[Image: oQ5Iqlj.jpg]
Said dwarven fighter killing a giant monster.

[Image: g3TuVR5.jpg]
A city watchman and an automaton from a campaign set in a city where automatons were extremely common in military and labor forces.

[Image: O8Ql0CK.jpg]
Ka'Harak, a wanderer from the desert who is exceptionally skilled at chopping off heads with his enormous sword that is as big as most people. Also his giant lizard mount.

[Image: VAg7l3J.jpg]
This one wasn't drawn by me but my friend drew it in my sketchbook and it is great so I figured I'd post it. Two of his characters from different campaigns.

A couple miscellaneous pictures:

[Image: nkIhotH.jpg]
Communist space marine. Pretty self-explanatory.

[Image: Tt5hXaZ.jpg]
A slower-than-light interstellar vessel piloted by AIs. The giant thing on the front is a shield made of various asteroidial rock and ice and whatever else to protect from collisions while travelling at extremely high speeds.

[Image: TFFIB3R.jpg]
A picture I drew while PtV was active. Not a lot to say about this one really.

Now, lots of pictures of Sauthai. The idea behind these guys is that they almost never take off their power armor and are generally a culture of extreme isolationist militarism and badassery.

[Image: YYbl4q7.jpg]
The first Sauthai I ever drew. The design changed a lot from this initial form, but it still looks pretty cool (if impractical).

[Image: ePL6bZB.jpg]
A later Sauthai design, though not the most modern. This is Eriz Col-Myel, my character from this thing and I have drawn a ton of pictures of her.

[Image: hv6kyE8.jpg]
What Sauthai look like under their armor. They are very tall and thin. Sauthai men average seven feet tall. The proportions on the normal human are a little wonky (her legs are really beefy) but the Sauthai is pretty correct.

Spoilered for nudity in case that offends you (its tasteful).
Spoiler :
[Image: X86Q653.jpg]
A drawing of Eriz underneath her armor, though still wearing a mask. Sauthai are extremely reluctant to show their faces, especially their eyes, which they consider the most intimate part of the body. The tattoos are various historical and personal references as well as some purely aesthetic markings.

[Image: jD7b96T.jpg]
Drawing of a later version of Eriz's armor with her silhouette to show basically how the armor fits her. The proportions on this are a little messed up but mostly correct.

[Image: qAHjixr.jpg]
Ceremonial Sauthai suit for pregnant women. Obviously not intended for actual combat, just for show.

Spoiler for large image.
Spoiler :
[Image: 94Zkaoq.jpg]
Doodles from class notes. Lots of pictures of Eriz and other Sauthai, mostly the three Chosen (great heroes of Sauthai history). Also a few other things, including some Jelians, who are humans that the Sauthai are at war with. The gigantic rifle is for punching through Sauthai power armor.
03-31-2013 02:35 AM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

Yay, more squibbart!
03-31-2013 03:45 AM
Synthetic Offline

Glad to see that you got to post those Sauthai drawings. They're really great.

03-31-2013 05:55 AM