Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The Armies of Warhamer
warhamer Offline
Private

The Armies of Warhamer

I have reclaimed my this old dusty thread after regaining access to my account. Any past things I attempted were removed as I view them as very uncreative and not well done. I'll update this as pictures come along of what I have done or I feel like adding more story to my current creations.

WIP:
The Linguists of Eonic:
Initiate
Spoiler :
[Image: Br2BhRL.png]
New members brought to join the Linguists through a multitude of coercive methods. Some are brought in by their sinful vices others by their desires to bring their benevolent ways upon all of mankind. No matter the reason, none can refuse this offer as they face death or worse if they do so. Most do not survive past this rank and become thrulls that fuel the surviving initiates and the higher ranks of the Linguists. Most are no more then shoddy, basic militiamen that can barely hit the side of a barn and are more likely to harm themselves more then their enemies with Eonic Phrases.
Backstory
Spoiler :

The invention of the alphabet and language broadened the horizons of man. With it communication of a person's mind could travel through centuries and be understood by everyone. Great works such as those by Shakespeare or Plato could survive as long as people passed them on through their language. But, what would happen if these words carried more than just thought? What if what written upon a page, could excite matter itself, and bend the rules of existence. Humanity could transcend into deities of timelessness, ones that would blot out the stars of creation itself.

Turn back to the 1940s and a smoky room somewhere in the East Central area of the United States. A party of linguistic associates study newly discovered artifacts, found in a series of limestone caves recently uncovered by spelunkers. The artifacts are a series of varying alien materials. One is a grey stone that is clear, yet carries swiveling, dark, dust inside. Another, some kind of tome that radiates a ghastly warmth with cloth that seems to tug at the bearers hands. Each though bears some form of writing based upon an archaic, arcane, aeonic language unknown to the tongues of man. The associates of this congregation were soon to discover what truly was embedded in this unintelligible gibberish they sought to decipher.

Eventually, a connection was made between strangely enough the English language and the mysterious text. The linguists were still unable to determine what the words meant but could start to transfer the texts into the English Alphabet. in a moment of either stupidity, genius, or both one such linguist attempted to recite part of what was translated. The fellow muttered part of what he saw in a gnarled, inhuman speech -- Tci-he (Spark) Frgil (Light) Zz-ek-jkif (Flame). Suddenly, the air in front of the astonished fool burst into flames but just as quickly dissipated. After the wave of astonishment and awe was removed each member there attempted the phrase and created the same feat.

After much debate of how the phrase could cause such an effect the linguists were still deeply stooped in the unknown of what had occurred. A moment of luck came before them though as a voice of despair and madness echoed through the halls of the building. The actions of the party had tapped into an unknown spring of forbidden knowledge and with it a being reached back across the waters. A hollow shell of it's former self, the creature could communicate little to the people in the room but offered tidbits of wisdom to those present.

The members had stumbled upon texts created by deity-like individuals whose power came from the phrases etched upon the strange artifacts. The beings existed before the nuclear creation of the current Universe but for uncomprehensible reasons had withered into oblivion itself. The phrases they used could create many different effects based upon what was the size, the element, and the effect the speaker desired (size-element-effect). Phrases could be combined into increasingly complex strings that combined each phrase into a more unique effect.

Not everyone survived up to this part of the god-like explanation though. Their minds broke and they became babbling fools on the ground. The being then revealed the catch to having such a powerful effect be used by those not created to handle it. Each phrase had the chance to take at ones sanity until nothing was left and they lost their soul of sorts. Those who were already lost though could be used as thrulls that would repeat simple phrases if instructed to. The perfect slave for the surviving linguists to practice their forbidden art on.

And as an enticement the Spirit parted one last piece of information before it vanished for eternity. There existed a phrase of immortality that would make the speaker a deity like the dead gods that had originally wielded this power. So the linguists went into hiding with their tomes of alien knowledge. They seek now to translate all texts and attain godhood, but what each will do with it varies greatly. The Linguists of Eonic do not trouble themselves with morality though as long as the ends justify their means. To transcend the frailty of humanity.

Know Phrases of the Ancients:
Spoiler :

Tci-he (Spark) Frgil (Light) Zz-ek-jkif (Flame) -- Creates a small flame in front of the speaker for a moment.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 03:27 AM by warhamer.)
02-28-2011 12:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Re: The Armies of Warhamer

Every single one of your images is broken for me. Instad of what you are trying to show, I see an ice encased frog wich says:
"Domain unregistered. To view, register at:
bit.ly/imageshack-domain"
Fuck my internet.

I used to be Adeptus. Fuck off if you didn't know me.
02-28-2011 03:09 AM
Über Away
pocket

It's not your internet.
People keep using Imageshack, which requires you to register if you want to see images uploaded there.
02-28-2011 07:40 AM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

(02-28-2011 07:40 AM)Über link Wrote:It's not your internet.
People keep using Imageshack, which requires you to register if you want to see images uploaded there.

I just logged out of my account to check and I can still see everything so I think that's not actually true at all
02-28-2011 08:38 AM
Über Away
pocket

(02-28-2011 03:09 AM)Adeptus link Wrote:"Domain unregistered. To view, register at:
bit.ly/imageshack-domain"

If it doesn't require you to register, then why does it say "To view, register at [...]  imageshack-domain" ?
02-28-2011 10:41 AM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

Well I wasn't registered and I could see it, so I have no idea
02-28-2011 11:01 AM
Yuskolov Offline
Commando

I am not registered and I can see it all fine.
02-28-2011 11:38 AM
Elf
Unregistered

(02-28-2011 11:38 AM)Yuskolov link Wrote:I am not registered and I can see it all fine.

Same here but it could depend on where you live.
02-28-2011 01:59 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Fuck. I can't se most people's armys. Gentlemen, we are really in a need of a PW image host. Like, NOW.

02-28-2011 02:15 PM
Elf
Unregistered

There's one I built into the forums, check your full post page.
02-28-2011 02:19 PM
Photocopier Offline
Commando

What county are you from Adeptus? It's probably a regional issue

*totally German princess*
02-28-2011 03:59 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Argentina. The edge of the world, uh?
I will see what you say, Elf. Though I don't imagine where it is and how can I use it.

02-28-2011 04:49 PM
Elf
Unregistered

Click on "Post" bottom right under all the posts. Then underneath where you type your text click Upload an Image.
02-28-2011 05:35 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

Saw it. Thanks a lot buddy.

02-28-2011 05:50 PM
warhamer Offline
Private

update
12-18-2011 05:08 PM
Iceblizzerd Offline
Rookie

So, I see a repaint of a heli I donated to a sprite sheet, Its nice to see people using it  :buddy:
12-18-2011 07:57 PM
warhamer Offline
Private

RE: The Armies of Warhamer

Using this thread now instead of goldenrebel. Though nothing new on here yet. :P
01-04-2015 03:05 AM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

So... these are thuums?

Michael Rosen YTPs are still funny.
01-04-2015 01:09 PM
warhamer Offline
Private

Kinda like the dragons and all but a bit more sinister. Unlike the dragon born who can shout willy nilly as long as he has the energy to these guys risk losing a piece of their sanity with each attempt. There is an experimental device they have developed to reduce the risk of losing their sanity which will be revealed with time.
01-04-2015 04:42 PM