Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
There Will be Turns
ltoblivious Offline
Private

Nuke There Will be Turns

A desolated oil well sits empty. It has been many years, or perhaps only a few. Like three years. Wait, three? Already? shit. The desert reclaims all and what it cannot destroy, it buries. Emerging from the leftward dunes, four robotic figures and a tracked vehicle find themselves about an opening to a cave.
[Image: Dnr111I.png]
"Base? Unit charlie has reached designated target. Visual data confirms suspicions, the object here is not a natural formation." The small party takes a pause. CV designation Hank stopped his men below an embankment which lead up to their target.

They have been on a scouting detail far from home base, another sand swept relic of unknown origin. If it weren't for the reactor's malfunction two cycles ago, they would all be quietly oxidizing like this tower they'd been sent to find. Hank is a weapons platform, it's comrades bare machine guns, they are built to fight, but against what? They have found only emptiness and wreckage in the desert so far.
"Charlie 1 and 2, approach target."

"Yessir!" say the two identical figures on the right of Hank. All the M5s are programmed the same, loyal to a fault and totally without fear. Hank could not stop wondering what this place was and why they had found themselves here. SAL's instruction's had been vague, As Custodian of base 02 his only goal was keeping power supplied to the freezer units. They held what was left of the life once on this world. Our creators hoped to one day rebuild. They had once lived here, though how long ago that was Hank did not know. He supposed they looked like the M5 unit. Perhaps Hank would meet them one day, but today, he would find no intellectual equals. "Three and Four, this cave is exhausting sulfurous air and high temperatures, I want you to scout it. "

"Down there sir? ..yessir." Three examined the opening as he stood on it's rim. Two was mocking him as it moved over the ridge an onto whatever excitement had made this expedition possible. Few machines had been active in Base 02 since the last day of construction. Curiosity, he thought was the reason they had left. The base was designed to stay locked for 400 years, but it had an emergency subroutine which activated SAL.

SAL was their "glorious leader," a regulatory AI which operates base repair crews. SAL sent some scouts to the hills north of the base and out east to the sea, but it wasn't until photos were received of the way-station that any teams were sent at all. The flyovers of the desert region outside of Base 02 revealed only this tower standing alone. When we found out we were going there, our squad felt pride. There was little to indicate the people who built us so long ago had even lived in this wasteland. perhaps that is why we were left in the desert--to be hidden? Four jogged up alongside Hank. Four seemed like the squad runt. They had drawn back their initial pace after he began trailing them by several meters. It seems not all M5s were produced to the same standard.

"You first." Barked three. As always in command structures, shit rolled downhill. Four was named after his last place combat rating. Four had lost his weapon twice and one time was blown apart by his own grenade. Luckily, none of that had physically happened. As he assured Hank, this operation's commander vehicle, he had learned his lesson in training. Now, in the real desert he found himself with SAL's crack squadron.

The other M5s had only weeks since they were active first. Four had worked as a maintenance drone for years. It's where he wore out the actuators in his leg motors. Now he found himself bringing up the rear on his first assignment outside. He had always wanted to see the outdoors and thought he would be damaged before the facility would reach it's activation date. It was an honor to get this assignment, but he wondered if he had been sent simply because he was expendable to SAL. He held his weapon with reluctance. Four preferred a toolkit and flashlight. He hoped, when they found what they were looking for, that is what they would need him for. He was a builder--not a fighter, and his squad-mates knew.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 04:55 PM by ltoblivious.)
09-08-2016 10:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gamma Plasma Online
Particle oscillating pioneer

RE: There is only a turn

No offence LtO but some proper formatting would be nice.

I suppose you could've been busy or something, but some paragraphs and spacings go a long way. I mean you've kind of done that; however depending on the other person's screen it doesn't necessarily come out in the same way.

Not trying to nag or anything, it's just annoying to read on my phone at least. And it's still a pretty big wall on my laptop.

Oh yeah and turn order wise, how about LtO>Jomn(Skai)>Gamma>LtO, etc?

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
09-09-2016 01:55 AM
roaringdragon2 Offline
Rookie

RE: There Will be Turns

What I got from that last line Gamma is that this is a three-way. The destruction will be absolutely spectacular.
09-09-2016 03:25 AM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

Sorry about the writing, it's not my strong suit. I will try and space things out better from now on. I'm adding another faction that may or may not make it very far in this match, I want to get some fighting going so I'm going to have a kind of farm until Skai can post.
[Image: XGJsrO8.png]
Deep below, the pool of hardened magma begins to boil with new and intense heat. Many years ago, great fire consumed this world. From across the empty we saw it and even felt the waves on our home place. the blasts made the rock hum with the light and we were drawn here. It was a good time for hunting. Many Torgs came to this place when the glow brought power.

Back on the sphere we had little. The old ones had all the light and we fed off their leavings. They grew fat and lazy. When they were distracted, we pushed out in a great leap to take this place as our own. They did not chase us home or scream and shout like Urto warned. "Happy to be rid of us, more for them." Yurt says.

Torg had never met another thing before the Nons. They were fearful and ran, so we chased them. Urto says the Nons lit the fires. They used to have a great city where they all lived, but it burned away and made the desert. Soon there were no more Nons. I wish we could have learned their power. Without their fires, the glow faded away.

Many Torgs went deep below. We became too heavy here to leave rock and go back to the home place. I told Yurt and Urto and all the rest, we cannot go down too far. If we stay above-side, we can still see our home place and maybe one day we will find out how to go back.

"Wake brothers, I hear the sound of Nons! We will find them and they can give us fire again!" Emerging first, I stand in the dim light and look for them. "Listen, know I am not wrong and hear them too!"

"Yes brother Codo, but we are stiff, it is you who should go first and come back." Urto was a lost cause. He would not be budged, but Yurt was both their youngers and more full of the fire.

"Wait." squawked yurt, "Don't leave yet, I have to go too and get out of here at least."

"Stay then Urto, we will be back when we have had our fill of spoils and trinkets. if we find anything boring or old we will be sure to chuck it down here for you to study."
09-09-2016 04:52 PM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

[Image: MB03Zr6.png]
Three and four descend using their jet boosters. Three lands on the first ledge. His sensors aren't as tuned as Hank's, but he thinks he can hear hissing growing louder and the air rising out of the passage below has become much hotter than just a minute ago. "Sir? Can you confirm my data on Objective 2? I am detecting building temperature."

"Copy, I confirm it." A strange coincidence, if it was one. It put Hank on edge after so much quiet that anything out here would seem to react to his presence. "Hold position until Charlie two joins you. This requires further study."

"Yessir." Having to break off from point bothered two. "One will be exposed coming down the dune if there is anyone in that building." They had programmed him to think for himself, and yet now he found out he was to do anything but.

"I am covering Charlie one. You must support three where I cannot. If this were a trap, and it might very well be that since it was all but gift wrapped for us sitting out here, it would spring from behind as well as the front. I do not know what there might be out here, but I intend to find out. That rusty old erection is not going anywhere in the meantime. Understood?" He didn't really have to justify himself. As machines, they were all programmed to follow orders. They were also hard wired to be independent as a survival mechanism. He wondered if it were possible for a machine to become mutinous or seditious. Such a thing could be a problem.

"Yessir, understood." Two looked back at his commander. They were totally different in design. Here was a machine built to kill. In a way it was an admirable feature, but what made Hank effective made him slower to react and dependent on other machines for everything from repair to just reloading. What made Charlie squadron a unit at all? The other M5s were okay he supposed, Two felt kinship even with the slow one dragging them down in training. Perhaps they were not anything until they cut their teeth in a real engagement.
09-09-2016 08:20 PM
Gamma Plasma Online

(09-09-2016 04:52 PM)ltoblivious Wrote:  Sorry about the writing, it's not my strong suit. I will try and space things out better from now on.
Nah, your writing's fine. There've been duller descriptions posted than yours. You've even got 3+ useful paragraph sections so that's a plus for provoking interest and establishing lore.

I just felt I should inform you that the average person doesn't want to read through say 20 lines of text, with no visual breaks in between it, on a semi-regular basis. For one, it feels like it messes with the eye.

So I figured I'd have you nip the bud early on.

This is just personal preference but I find going past five or so lines of text (on your average monitor) repeatedly, without a line break tends to make it harder to read if you for example lose your place in the paragraphs.
I mean I'd say it'd be better to have say seven sets of short paragraphs, than one huge wall of text. (Or in my case twenty sets of short paragraphs given how much I tend to write, haha.)

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
09-09-2016 08:32 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

[Image: J3ObpOS.png]
A small Crucible scouting group encounters ruins. The officer is eager to prove himself, spurred on by reports of a sapient race of AI within the area. Crucible's lag in robotics technology has always been apparent, especially compared to its competitors Trios Enterprises and Infinity Systems. Any avenue to alleviate this issue, whether it be technological espionage or the vivisection of sapient silicon-based lifeforms, is high priority.

derp derp derp
09-10-2016 07:14 AM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

I might end the farm aspect of this if it gets in the way of the match. I don't want to interfere with your turns or take too many liberties with my main army. This is the last post I'll make until Gamma posts his.
[Image: fAPn1VP.png]
Too much time has slipped by us in our slumber. Torgs were strong here once. For many years, the rock was ours. Some nons survived the fire and fled us. They made easy prey at first. After the fires, we found nons pulling thick black goo out of the ground to power their metal wagons. They were much faster and when they scattered we could not catch them. They were weaker than a Torg, but they had magic. The nons who were here had sticks which could shoot lightning. With their weapons and stone house, we could not get them without losing many brothers.

One night when the metal carts were howling far off, brave Torgs broke into the well and spilled the oil under the stone house. It blossomed and blew away the top of the house with a bright flash. In the morning only thick smoke remained at their camp. The box riders gave us some trouble in the months and years after, but soon they were gone.
09-11-2016 11:33 PM
ScythianWarrior Offline
Private

I know I'm not a part of this thread but I hope this battle is seen through, it's cool to see an active match on here.

When the New Order comes, you'll be the first again the wall.
09-12-2016 04:21 AM
Gamma Plasma Online

RE: There Are Turns

Unfortunately that persistent cough and temperature is still knocking me down; once more I'm sorry about the wait.
Anyway here's my turn, not exactly pleased with it, but it'll do. Hopefully I can pick up the pace soon when I feel a bit better.

One of the more intriguing (but also worrying) trends noted from operations logs is a rather peculiar non-rational decision making trait exhibited by many crystalords.

While the likes of say thermolytic or psionic propulsion, stasis dampeners and/or various arcane and mundane moors, and many more do exist (and their use encouraged), there is a common phenomenon where the presiding leader(s) of an operation choose to release, or even jettison (sometimes without regard or complete preparation), some or all of their forces towards the target site.

Namely, more than a few of us seem to like dropping woodbots, equipment or themselves out of the sky.

Excerpt from discourse archives, taken from a thesis project concerning a study of crystalord behavioural patterns over various business operations.
Thesis project C+Ced (Collaborated + Collated) by:
Gemmeum Dominum: L. Kalidin - from Analytics, and of the Veritates Deex Nexibus
Gemmeus Dominus: M. B-Wasil-je - from Logistics, and of the Lusus Ex Laminis
Gemmea Domina: Ferrarius R. - from Personnel Resources, and of the Pupae Deex Sutelis

[Positions noted were accurate at the time of thesis' submission, and are subject to change. See individual files for up to date reassignments and/or further details.]

This tendency for crystalords, or even just temporary commanding woodbots to disperse their troops from above, mid flight, occasionally without authorisation, and not always fully providing each unit a method of safe descent could be said by certain parties to be, yes, worrying.

Munitrix #1: "...worrying."
Fabrum #1: "Definitely. We are falling, concurs Fabrum as he simply defines the situation."
Fabrum #2: "Yes, we are in a barren, torrid region, falling towards multiple entities, a disused artificial structure, and scouts from rival business Crucible have been detected, Fabrum adds as he exacerbates the previous statement."

[Image: 1UMGMCa.png]
As one might see from some distance, a small contingent of woodbots are currently hurtling down towards the sandy plains below. While one would think that they were prepared for a vertical insertion towards the abandoned oil rig, one would be wrong; over half of them are not flight capable at all.

No, as you might've guessed, it was merely the whims of one of the nearby crystalords, whose name was often shortened to B. B-ji, or just Be-ge. Ejecting the group roughly where he wanted them, the displeased yet sappy band will crash land near the abandoned structure, after which one would imagine they will contest with the other parties who have already made their entrances, ahead of whatever ill concocted schedule was originally had.

Ffucus #2: "Shall we calculate odds of a perfect landing?, asks Fucus as he surveys the landing point "
Munitrix #1: "Don't bother, it isn't gonna be pretty."
Fortifaber #1: "Thankfully there are some pieces of useful equipment that fell out with us on this abrupt skydive."
Munitrix #1: "Wonderful. If only we had enough for all of us."

Resolute in solving the problem, the current presiding woodbot, a fortifaber of mahogany hues, begins telepathically suggesting and debating with the munitrix, fabra and fuci woodbots surrounding him. If DEM Corp are to have an early presence then they needed to survive the skydive that was probably something along the lines of Be-ge's idea of boredom, stress or whatever relief. Once this first hurdle was cleared, setting up and dealing with Crucible Heavy Industries, as well as whatever other sapient hostiles could begin proper.

Ffucus #1: "Total retardation methods are likely ill equipped for the current numbers, Fucus posits while considering options."
Munitrix #1: "This whole situation is retarded. Be-ge better suck it later."

Guess it was time to dig deep into their metaphorical pockets...

[Image: 3VtpGep.png]
Landing in a most dramatic fashion, the Dei Ex Machina Corporation (often shortened to DEM Corp, or menacingly further to just "DEM") begin their bombardment of this now far from lonely land with yet more visitors.

The result of the landing, though better than the projected losses, is still not without some failure. Two fabra and a famulus fucus (often shortened to just ffucus) are both incapacitated from heavy trauma, their wetware offline (if the dripping neural juices and disconnection from the local telepathy network didn't make it obvious enough) and their internal crystalline systems now self destructed to preserve their secrets.
However their equipment credentials were shifted to other users of the local telepathy network, so that they can still be salvaged for combat use. The torrid lands were not to be underestimated as battleground, neither was the fact that they were soon to be surrounded.

Of course the corpses first need to be looted. Unauthorised use wasn't an issue, anyone who could safely circumvent DEM Corp's paranoiac array of paranormal and technological authorisation seals were unlikely to be nearby and not be detected too, not to mention more problematic to deal with than what they currently had on their plates.

Thanks to her impromptu landing method, the munitrix herself had lost her leg and part of one arm, and one ffucus she used as a mobile anchor point was slightly buried in the underground sand. As for the fortifaber and remaining fabrum, thankfully they were prepared (though only by happenstance) and managed to land with just bruises; the two having accidentally burrowed into the sand with their hoverboards that bored into the brunt of the impact.

Still the situation as a whole wasn't great.

One thing worthy of mention is how standard DEM Corp propulsion systems work; a psychokinetic psionic flame is released which provides directed kinetic energy (but not thermal) to propel the user.
The psionic flame also has other capabilities, when adjusted appropriately, such as functioning as psionic diggers, providing a forcefield or releasing psionic bolts (that have some unexpected effects). Multi-purpose is a hallmark of DEM Corp design, for one the emitters technically self protect themselves to a degree, thanks to the flames' defensive effects.
In current events, the psionic emitters have resulted in their users burying themselves into the sand but thankfully slowing their descent as well.

Dusting themselves off would be a good idea; they made a pretty big preshow after all, and the real performance is about to begin.

09-17-2016 04:17 AM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

Hope you feel better, take all the time you need to make turns.
[Image: vTGhLgd.png]
Three and four wait and watch the unexplored tunnel for any movement. Their first real scouting mission to the outside world, and they have already found themselves back underground. Four thought to himself that he no longer wanted to spend his time around the base. He had been active the longest of the drones in his unit. Even his superior was dormant while he was crawling around utility corridors and patching rusted pipes. There was no time to his existence then, just ticket after ticket, task to next task. When they had made their way out of the great steel door and into the desert, he knew he would not go back.

They had left in the baking sun of the morning, and all day he observed the movement as it tracked over them and down in the west. It was troubling, to get a scale of things and look at the sky with the knowledge it was no veneer. Unfathomable distance and scale stood between oneself all of the heavens. At night the sky filled with points from still more stars. The world stretched on and on and he was smaller than the sand grains in the bearings of his arms. Were they left here by coincidence? was it fate--were the two tragically the same thing?

"Do you hear me in there? Quit gaping and cover me. I'm going to look around." Three had decided there was no reason for caution. If anything was down here it wouldn't be a match for him. if it was, he assumed his status as the first idiot to get himself killed stumbling down a hole would make his logic matrix important enough to recover and plug into a new body.

Above, the rest of Charlie is shitting bricks. Hank accelerates over the dune to the first fallen object. One crouches where he hopes he cannot be seen and waits for the sky to fall also. "Sir? What was that?" Hank makes no reply to one. Perhaps it was a stupid question. At the least, it was an understatement.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 10:41 PM by ltoblivious.)
09-19-2016 03:30 AM
Gamma Plasma Online

Thanks for the kind words LtO, although the cough now has phlegm in it and the recurrent nosebleeds haven't stopped. On the bright side the headache's gone.
So I guess I'm sort of recovering?

I think I'll be fine with the match load but I'll bow out if my health takes a dive for the worse.
I've went ahead and pre-made bits of my next image and description so I can try and keep the pace up.

09-20-2016 03:20 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

So am I making the next turn or is LtO gonna be moving the salsa men?

derp derp derp
09-20-2016 05:27 PM
Gamma Plasma Online

I thought it was you next then salsa then me then booze bots.

At least that's kinda what the previous turn order looks like and I think was what we agreed on from the discussion we had on slack a while back about the salsa men being treated as a separate player.

Then again you can still edit your turn, since Crucible interacting with salsa men looks real unlikely right now.

09-20-2016 06:41 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

Even falling at near terminal velocity, the officer could tell what the interlopers were. DEM. Seen by Crucible as enigmatic and incomprehensible, the smaller megacorporation was never a welcome sight. Their "technology", if it could be called that, was of little use to the heavy machinery manufacturer and was in many ways more fragile. Crucible Heavy Industries did not build fragile things.

[Image: 1vZeU62.png]
The jetpack soldier touches down on the stairwell, gun and head on swivel while his droid counterparts scouted ahead, one finding the remains of a woodbot while the other locating a newly-punched hole in the building.

Behind him, the sound of wrenching metal signified the impending arrival of the rest of his squad. The bulky droid's optics spot the glint of unrusted metal over the sand dune and the simple AI within marks it as a potential threat, relaying the information to the officer.

It looks like they found their quarry.

derp derp derp
09-22-2016 06:48 AM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

[Image: TgggT3w.png]
Those who have come here will know terror. Seeing the glint of metal, I know they must have the weapons of the nons. I must take them quickly or face death proudly for the others to survive. Leaping over the edge, Yurt stops to get footing before joining my charge on the intruders. My battlecry has brought two more from below. Whatever mutters they had been making to eachother resolved when one grabbed the other at the base of their neck and took them for a short flight.

Under my feet, the ground loosens and both Yurt and I can sense that we have fallen without stumbling. Urto must be at some trick, though I do not know if it is meant for our foes or myself. Whatever he has planned, I sense much danger around us. We must work together and stoke the embers of our war-band to a great blaze.
09-22-2016 11:21 PM
Gamma Plasma Online

Spoiler: Original post
Hey guys, been over a week, I know. Haven't forgotten about this.
Been tied down by a little bit of real life stuff (also uni but that's a separate and inconsequential matter in the grand scheme of things.)

Anyway didn't want to leave you two hanging any longer so here's my turn image; for your purposes it's complete, so feel free to make your edits so we can speed this up again. Once I've proofread my description I'll post again proper.

Spoiler: Complete image
[Image: L6B0fgP.png]

Summary:
The fortifaber crystallized his head and backside to deter sniper threats, and then chucked some crystals up; he took a guess as to where the booze bots are, since no woodbot can see them, but is accurately aiming at Crucible.
Both projectiles have enough airtime that you could probably shoot them down with moderate ease.

The ffucus also crystallises its back, freaking out over the unexpected nearby drone, and it and the fabrum release crystal spikes at them. Being weak in magic, size determines damage here.
The rest is just gonna be fluff.

On a side note I must have jinxed myself or something because my doctor told me to go get x-rayed and do a sputum sample. This coughing deal apparently has been going on for a little too long.
It is true that DEM Corp technology is not the commonly boring, rugged, steeled construction as the likes of say Trios Enterprises or Crucible Heavy Industries. That is not our goal and we have instead attracted a wide though niche market of those of you with an eye for the finer details.
Regardless of whether you prefer our arboreal or porcelain products, such products are and will always remain of outstanding quality, both the unenchanted and enchanted variants that we offer.

Take for instance the unique adhesion systems we possess and are outfitted to many of our devices. Where as other companies may use antiquated, obtuse or clunky magnets, glue dispensers or suction devices, DEM Corp's propriety passive electrostatic affixer pads (with optional arcane enhancers) are a more refined method that allows one to attach or connect practically anything to the affixer pad.

For example your woodbot servant has no need for ladders and no chance of dropping important items thanks to the affixer pads attached to their extremities, and can even walk on water, in case you happen to be travelling in an aquatic environment. You yourself can purchase similar footwear or storage articles that need not float or fall but stay firmed grounded above liquid or on a wall.

We hope that you will continue your kind patronage and further promote our goods and services to any and all who wish to bring more of a shine to the gem that is their life.

Portion of a statement issued to customers of DEM Corp by Gemmeum Dominum: N. mur Mibsem - from Production, and of the Hortensia Corpuscula

[Image: L6B0fgP.png]
Moving forward to deal with the mysterious and likely sapient robots atop the dune, the fortifaber takes a brief glance back in order to determine Crucible's position. Manifesting a chunk of crystals in his free hand, he tosses it towards Crucible with force. While the arc that it will carve was calculated to end where they should soon be passing through, accuracy would not be necessary. Immediately after, the fortifaber hunches down, armouring his head and back with crystal, regardless of the fact that they couldn't determine if Crucible had snipers, caution was a good way to begin. At least in the minds of his model of ilk.

As for the remaining fabrum, deciding that it needed a weapon fast, grabs the acidthrower hanging by the ledge. Knowing that Crucible could be looming closer, it prepares to retaliate. Assumptions correct, the fabrum decides that retreating behind cover would be a smarter plan, as he climbs above the opening, but not before releasing a spike of crystal from his arm.

Unfortunately for DEM, there was more than one of Crucible already looming over them. The ffucus that elected to head back up immediately spots the second droid in its rear optics as it rises. Despite being capable of vision in all directions, as a most basic of drones, the ffucus' primary weapon was unable of swift reverse fire. Even knowing that crystal magic of its calibre would have little effect, it chooses to attempt to protect its back from returning fire, while releasing a few shards, whose piercing power was sadly roughly equivalent to a pistol's.

Having noted the surrounding enemies above, thanks to the shared sensory information broadcast on their telepathic network, the munitrix does the sensible thing, laying low and laying some extra work to increase her advantages. Crystal gel was after all quite versatile, even if she couldn't produce as much as say a crystalord could.

Back on the west side, the fortifaber deliberates. Unsure of what to do about the robots behind the dune, thanks to Be-ge's incredibly vague recent orders, the fortifaber merely chucks a small crystal chunk towards the robots, making an estimate as to their current position. The best thing to do right now would be to test the waters, from what he saw as he and the others fell, they were armed, and one of them appeared to be a tank of some sort. As a rosewoodbot he was capable of taking out a tank alone if properly prepared, but such a task was not to be taken lightly given the current circumstances.

The board was about to get lively, how long before splinters and shards was all that lay amongst the grains? Be-ge mused.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2016 08:13 PM by Gamma Plasma.)
10-03-2016 10:46 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

Oh dear, hope it's nothing too bad.

Anyway LtO get on it ya bum.

derp derp derp
10-04-2016 07:17 AM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

I understand if it takes some time. School is important and even more your own health.
[Image: PvpCtQB.png]
Hank and one move toward the top of the hill. He had fallen in line behind Hank for cover and was now halted. Seeing what must be some kind of projectile, one fires a burst from his rifle. Whatever it was, he figured it wasn't wise to let it get to where it was going to land. Anything with the power to suddenly manifest from nowhere could surely outmatch their simple rifles and bombs. He hoped whatever they were, there weren't a whole lot more of them waiting to pop out. Some remnants of one alien lay in the sand by his commander. When he was not in mortal danger, if that was ever again, he would like a good long look at it.

Hank, now having an overview of the building and tower, can make out the crucible soldier on the opposite side of the structure. It was distinct from the earlier arrivals and very clearly armed with something much larger than what his soldiers carried. The situation was growing more and more out of his control. He fires a smoke grenade to create concealment as he decides what to do next. Retreat comes to mind, but running would only draw both of the new groups after him and his company. Directly in front of him stands an imposing figure. His first encounter with alien entities. He had no welcoming words or hand to extend in friendship, so his next action was simple. A shell loaded into the cannon and he aimed it right in it's face. He hoped this was something the alien could comprehend.

"We're under attack sir! Something is living down here, they're coming right at us!" Three opens fire on the strange creatures. They were small compared to ourselves, but they covered the ground between them so ferociously they must mean to tear us apart with their claws and teeth. Behind him, two has descended and joined the attack. A second ago, he had only imagined what kind of threat they might face. Now that he faced it, he was not nearly as courageous. If these things broke their line, he would flee back up the cave and burn as long as he could back the way they had come. Four launches a fragmentation grenade. It narrowly clears a low ceiling formation and sails on for the approaching enemies.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 06:49 PM by ltoblivious.)
10-06-2016 12:30 AM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

[Image: X9TOX4I.png]
The ffucus's projectiles don't find much purchase on the mallet droid's exterior, one bouncing off to dig itself into the ceiling, while the other only penetrates a mere inch into the lower half. The Crucible droid returns fire, its dual twin 10mm guns letting loose a short salvo. Its sibling isn't so lucky; the fabrum's crystal punches straight through into the tender circuitry within. With a clunk the droid falls to the ground.

The sledge droid launches a grenade at the last known location of the fabrum while the officer ducks past to dash down the stairs. His comrades open fire at the crystal projectile. They have no idea what it'll do, but considering DEM's repertoire it could never be good.

derp derp derp
10-24-2016 06:51 AM
ltoblivious Offline
Private

[Image: CWw49l0.png]
My comrades surround me as I charge. The ground falls away and a great form emerges from our pool. Urto has summoned the sleepers as a single being. The fire worm growls and displays a mouth full of burning teeth to our enemy.
10-26-2016 03:15 PM
Gamma Plasma Online

RE: PSA

Just a brief announcement to everyone that I finally got off my arse and went back and made my last turn more befitting of the fluffier turns I usually post.

So enjoy.

10-29-2016 08:54 PM