Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The Dreams Thread
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Stop The Dreams Thread

Holy shit a new thread and it ISN'T a birthday thread or a bot.

With the recent conversation with Gamma about Dreams and the like, I was wondering what dreams you have or can remember. Sexual or nawt ;) and maybe what they might mean.

My most recent entry to my dream journal

--

After spending some time around a person I did not recognise tormenting a town, he entered a hospital and, assuming he was going to torment the sick inside I left him.

I was approached by a familiar face, **** from High School who asked me if I wanted to meet his cousin Diego. Diego was easy to talk to and was Hispanic which was odd to say he was ****s cousin who was causcasian. He did not tell me where he was from despite me pressing him twice, when he asked me where I was from I said England but my family is German (This isn't true, my family is English and my ancestors are Romani Travellers.)

Diego then brought out 5 Gorillas. 4 small ones led by 1 large alpha silverback. The gorillas were largely friendly and Diego said they were in danger. I offered to take them back to the school I was in to keep them safe but one of the gorillas, the silverback, signed and Diego translated it as meaning 'Night Cap'. I took this to mean that the Gorillas wanted a bed time story each night and they nodded but pointed to Diego, meaning that they wanted it from him only. They then rushed over to Diego to smother him in hugs.

The dream ended with another familiar face, ***** who was getting in trouble for not doing his job as security properly.

--

Dno what it means, if I were to guess I'd say the guy at the start doing the tormenting was my 'inner evil' tormenting people by calling them out and by stepping away from him when he went into hospital it was me 'drawing the line'. I'll call people out but when it's the sick and the unhealthy and the dying, no.

Diego might represent my want to travel and the gorillas my want to help people along the way, Gorillas represent natural instinct so it could be that it's within my instinct to help or within peoples' instincts to stay. Dno why I said my family is German but it could be that I know German more than any other language (Except English) even then it's little. Him not telling me his nationality could mean he has none but is a wanderer or a nomad and travels between countries frequently. By having one Gorilla sign it might be like saying that I might find it difficult to understand the foreign language. This all being in a hospital can mean... uh... healing?

The end part might be like saying I want to travel but I'm ultimately wasting my time doing nothing about it. Dno what the rest of it was about.

It could also mean that I need to get my dick out for Harambe

Side note: I've never actually had a reoccuring dream, they're all vastly different except some themes. A theme I kept having recently was highways.

Michael Rosen YTPs are still funny.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 03:49 PM by Trifon.)
08-27-2016 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

RE: The Dreams Thread

To contribute, do any of you remember your first nightmare?

Mine goes all the way back to when I was 2 or 3 years old. The main thing I remember was being trapped in some sort of maze with scary clown faces on the walls screaming for my mother.

derp derp derp
08-27-2016 04:24 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

I remember having my first nightmare after playing Medievil on the PS1
That shit was scary for a 6 year old

08-27-2016 04:27 PM
Pookaball Offline
Commando

My first nightmare wasn't anything spectacular. I was in some kind of submarine looking at that one girl from a Nickelodeon show when the Scream movie guy kinda just floated by behind the windows. I guess I had that dream because of TV commercials for the movie. It was a hot topic in the 2000s here in the country that kind of used to get to see american movies and all all the way after they had became popular and forgotten in the west and Europe.

[Image: yEh4k6n.gif] [Image: 3JSYyE7.gif]
08-27-2016 05:01 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline
Particle oscillating pioneer

I don't think I remember my first nightmare, in fact I'm really bad at remember anything but key details in most of my dreams. (I have a good conscious memory but I guess the subconscious just won't bite too.)

The oldest one I can remember is a sketchy one where I was acting out a fight I saw on TV when I was quite young, but I and someone else (don't remember if friend or family) was unarmed and my parents (or at least one parent) had vines . I remember getting in a bout and somehow growing big and squishing my parents but then being in pain after partially catching a vine that had grown bigger too, and drew blood on my hand.

On a related note I had a nightmare? just last night, the jist of it is that it involved a repeat of my driving test but I crashed the car due speeding and waking up in the car (I don't remember why I just woke up in the car) but I couldn't move my arms or legs to swerve or brake.) Then I woke up (properly).

Trifon, Jomn. I blame both of you two (and myself) for this.

P.S. Assuming we're all mature enough (actually how far can we go before Chao-rel and Jager step in, given how sparse this forum is?) but is anyone willing to share any sexual (Trif did mention it, if perhaps mockingly) or even more intimate/private of any kind or ammoral/immoral dreams?

For now I'll say that I've had a few, and while I don't fully remember the events of all of them I do remember that there were ones that if happened in real life would wind up with either me, the assailant(s) or all every party in the dream ending up in a prison or institution. (Well it's not like loads of those kinds were gonna be cute and sweet.)

It's made me ponder about the way I think sometimes. I'm no psychologist but the deeper stuff really seems interesting at times. Analysing mine and others dreams would be a tad compelling, if I actually knew how to do it properly.

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
08-27-2016 10:10 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

I don't mind sharing sexual dreams I just don't remember any.
I'm quite open about my sexuality, no doubt about the fact that I love BDSM Catgirl Slave Harems in Lingerie
Actually minus the catgirl part cus catgirls are sooooo cuuuuuute~
I could never hurt them =3

[Image: tumblr_mxr8tsCZYl1qkbduio1_500.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 10:19 PM by Trifon.)
08-27-2016 10:12 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

I've not been (interested in) keeping count but I think I've had more times where I've been wet while asleep, and remembering a fraction of a dream then I have from not having/not remembering at least some of the dream. I still remember little of the dream regardless, my dream memory is just bad.

(Mild? sexual PTSD trigger warning)
There was one time where I was being raped (I don't know by who or how many) in front of a cheering crowd on a bus, and eventually woke up. But I don't remember waking up in the middle of the night that day, but I had to of since when I woke up later in the morning I was clean and had different clothes on.

Anyway I'm not gonna go too far with this for now, since I don't know what exactly I should be saying on these forums, with the populace as it is now.

--------------------
Edit: Yeah I'm pretty open with my sexuality as it is, but at the same time there's moments when I'm still questioning whether I'm bisexual or not, to an extent.

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
08-27-2016 10:20 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Lol who gives a shit if you're gonna cry about the fact that someone said the sex thing I don't really want to know you.

08-27-2016 10:22 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

I don't myself (although I like to take into account and accommodate for as many factors as I can) but a few years back this forum might have been more harsh (it was pretty lenient back then as it was anyway).

I remember someone having to censor a butt crack or was it a penis? in the art forums.

08-27-2016 10:26 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

I think the idea behind a dream is that you're hiding something from yourself or it's in your subconcious. Since I'm very open about sex and what I enjoy and don't enjoy my turn ons and my turn offs, it's not in my subconcious so I don't really have sex dreams that often.

08-27-2016 10:28 PM
Synthetic Offline
(aka Jager) Forum Moderator

I need to start keeping a dream journal again. I did it for awhile then stopped a couple years ago. Some of them play out like movies and I wake up wishing I could see more. Some of them are weird beyond words. A lot of them have video game logic mixed in. The only common thing about them is that they're almost never about me or my life.
Here's a random example out of my dream journal that is a pretty good average for what I dream about:
Spoiler :
This dream was about a futuristic war. My side's soldiers wore white armor, with black visors, joints, etc. Their pitch black visors took up most of the helmet. They rode on the back of similarly colored giant robots, about 3 1/2 times their size. The robots were slightly hunched to accommodate the unusual method of piloting. Their heads had one large dark eye at the center. The pilot's feet were planted onto the robots backs as they leaned almost 90 degrees forward, holding onto ripcord-like grips. each handle had 3 strings, as if they were controlling the robots like marionettes while surfing on their backs at the same time. I did not get a robot. I was sneaking up on enemy soldiers and assassinating them. I came across an enemy soldier, then became confused when a flashing X symbol did not appear. Thinking in video game logic, I was expecting there to be a button to press for an easy sneak attack kill. When nothing happened, I improvised by deciding to strangle him, despite having a knife in hand. As I tried to strangle him on the ground, he started spoiling the plot to a movie that I had not yet seen. This was his first and only reaction to me. I became sad because I did not want to kill him. I stopped attacking him. We then just sat and talked about this made-up movie that I remember nothing about anymore.

The oldest nightmare I can remember was from when I was about 3 years old. It was just the earth hurtling through space directly toward me. I woke up just before impact.

(08-27-2016 10:10 PM)Gamma Plasma Wrote:  P.S. Assuming we're all mature enough (actually how far can we go before Chao-rel and Jager step in, given how sparse this forum is?) but is anyone willing to share any sexual (Trif did mention it, if perhaps mockingly) or even more intimate/private of any kind or ammoral/immoral dreams?

Try to keep it PG-13 if you do.

[Image: 3dmsrbh][Image: R3PBvyl.png][Image: WyBNV.gif][Image: JLPOu.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 02:36 AM by Synthetic.)
08-28-2016 02:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
haribo841 Offline
Dead inside.

What is going on here? Always in summer i have some kind of insomnia so i dont have dreams.

[Image: 76561198093595981.png][Image: AddFriend.png]
08-28-2016 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

(08-28-2016 09:34 AM)haribo841 Wrote:  What is going on here? Always in summer i have some kind of insomnia so i dont have dreams.

Because it's summer, it's hot and it's difficult to fall asleep and have a REM cycle

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 01:51 PM by Trifon.)
08-28-2016 01:29 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

(08-27-2016 10:28 PM)Trifon Wrote:  I think the idea behind a dream is that you're hiding something from yourself or it's in your subconcious. Since I'm very open about sex and what I enjoy and don't enjoy my turn ons and my turn offs, it's not in my subconcious so I don't really have sex dreams that often.
Interesting.

Unfortunately I've no way to determine if there's a correlation between when I have sexual dreams and the times I've questioned my sexual identity, as my sample size is both lacking in time and numbers.
I don't have sexual dreams often at all any way, but I have had a few that I've managed to barely remember.
(Haven't had any recently in the last year. Sad?)

Well at the very least I'm confident in my identity as I am right now. I spend more time being sure in it then I do not being sure, but I'd guess my upbringing makes me waver on rare occasions.

(08-28-2016 09:34 AM)haribo841 Wrote:  What is going on here? Always in summer i have some kind of insomnia so i dont have dreams.
We're talking about each others and our own dreams Adam. Don't know how or why but it happened.

Also I'm not one to talk since I almost never remember my dreams decently(which could just as well mean I didn't have any that night too, it's may as well be the same difference) but you can have insomnia and have dreams. I'm proof of that myself.

Of course I'm not saying you're wrong about you're own experience, everyone suffers differently. You remember any dreams from the winter time?

(08-28-2016 01:29 PM)Trifon Wrote:  Because it's summer, it's hot and it's difficult to fall asleep and have a REM cycle
Fair point, as someone who has it year round I didn't really think about that.
Mind you when I do sleep I find that I can sleep in really hot or cold conditions fine, for about say two sleep cycles before insomnia wakes up. (Well I don't think it's the temperature anyway.)

(08-28-2016 02:30 AM)Synthetic Wrote:  Some of them play out like movies and I wake up wishing I could see more. Some of them are weird beyond words. A lot of them have video game logic mixed in.
It might be my messed up psyche but a fair few of my dreams are weird beyond worlds too. (I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had at least one surreal dream.)

I consume a lot of media (written and not) and spend a lot of time walking and trying to get semi-lost in the city (I should probably spend it on exercise instead) so a lot of my dreams involve mish mashed stuff like seeing everything as live-action anime in a place I only semi-remember.

I don't think I've had many cinema like dreams, but I have had a few dreams where I literally just reading a book. Sometimes the book doesn't even make any sense, either grammatically or linguistically.

I suspect it might be due to the fact that while I'm fluent in only two languages, I know a general (say high school level) amount of other languages too.
I guess if I realised it made no sense I'd be lucid dreaming.

If you play a lot of video games or just know a lot about them maybe that's why you've got video game logic in them. Reminds me that shitty quicktime game "Press X to not die".

(08-28-2016 02:30 AM)Synthetic Wrote:  I need to start keeping a dream journal again. I did it for awhile then stopped a couple years ago.
Is it worth it keeping a dream journal? I always feel like I should bother since I have trouble even remembering 70% of my dreams when I first awake, but I've been why too lazy to bother with it.

(08-28-2016 02:30 AM)Synthetic Wrote:  As I tried to strangle him on the ground, he started spoiling the plot to a movie that I had not yet seen. This was his first and only reaction to me. I became sad because I did not want to kill him. I stopped attacking him. We then just sat and talked about this made-up movie that I remember nothing about anymore.
Best part.

You know the movie probably didn't exist, but out of curiosity did you bother to look it up and, if it did exist, see how accurate your dream's version was?
Assuming you remembered the title after you woke up.

Edit: Goddamnit, forget a slash in the quotes; as a coder I should be ashamed of myself

08-28-2016 01:57 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

(08-28-2016 01:57 PM)Gamma Plasma Wrote:  Interesting.

Unfortunately I've no way to determine if there's a correlation between when I have sexual dreams and the times I've questioned my sexual identity, as my sample size is both lacking in time and numbers.

Well the one you mentioned about being raped could in fact mean 'Doing something you don't want to do'. Considering it was on a bus it could mean being forced to use public transport when you don't want to. Or go somewhere you don't want to. Or taking a path you don't want to take. The best place to look is here

Need I remind people, that EVERYONE dreams every single night but if you don't have an interrupted REM cycle, which every human being has 4 or 5 times a night, it goes to the back of memory and you forget it.

Here's one I had today. Must say my dream recall has vastly improved since starting a dream journal. I remembered pretty much all of my dream last night, though to be fair if I didn't remember parts well, I couldn't really tell so...

Spoiler :
Snow + Oil

I woke up in a very cold and snowy arctic circle environment. I was next to the frozen ocean and in the distance was a large oil drill that was spilling out oil, making the water thick and black. I decided that I needed to get out of her and the best way was to take a left along the coastline and see if I could find a village. It wasn't snowing but it still felt cold, even for a dream. Along the coastline were several farms that looked to be abandoned quickly and oil was seeping into them, almost like they were climbing the hills. I noticed that the oily water was quickly rising and if I didn't escape soon the oily water would bog me down and I would die.

I found myself in a small village. When I first came to the village I noticed how similar it was to the one I live in, but upon going deeper it began to look different and more made of wood and logs than bricks. There I saw 2 men, one of them thin and spindly while the other one bald and fat. I asked the 2 where I was. Whilst keeping moving, like they did not want to speak to me, they said that I was in Canada. When I said where in Canada they did not reply so I asked how I could get back to America (Thinking that it was the best place to get back home to England and more importantly, out of the cold and oilly waters) they said they didn't know and went into their house so I moved on.

Finding a quaint log cabin with some 4 or 5 young boys outside. I asked them the same question, how I could get out of here and back to America. They went to get their mother and she came out. She was rather short, shorter than me with short bunched hair that reminded me of a ranger or something. She got on her cell, one of those cells that look more like a walkie talkie and asked the person she was calling some questions while I stood back. When she came back she said that the person she called could not come out and rescue me, I asked her what I should do and she said to 'Head on out. Die, but then succeed.' (Really didn't make sense when I think about it now but hey, it was a dream so I didn't think too much on it.)

When I set out I noticed that nearby was a very lush and vibrant summerscape which drew an almost parallel line with the snowy village. I looked out and said to the woman that it looked like 'Summer was almost arriving anyway' and set out south to America before waking it.

Interpretation

Snow could represent innocence and purity while the oil could represent corruption. The past few years have been especially tough on me after having such an awesome 2 years at college and going from that to having no friends, suffering from anxiety and depression and generally realising that there's been no one there to support me has kinda been tough and I've been having darker and darker thoughts. This is reinforced by the desolate environment of the snowy arctic and abandoned farms.

The woman I'm not too sure on. Could be the force that pushes me onwards, I get the feeling though that she represents the devil and is lying to me about someone rescuing me, could serve to mean temptation and evil.

The summer environment probably means a brighter future ahead that I'm looking forward to going to and being in. Could be my brain trying to push me forward.

Why are spoilers always so weird?

08-28-2016 02:23 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

If you're talking about why the spoilers are on white background, if you don't give a title to the spoiler then it goes white, whereas if you do it goes grey/transparent.

Spoiler :
White.

Spoiler: Title
Not white.

I suspect this could be a coding issue but I can't see the forum's code so I don't know.

(Yeah I write so much stuff in spoilers that I've noticed stuff like this.)

08-28-2016 02:39 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

It's not a coding issue, it's an issue with the hex values of the font being practically similar to the hex values of the spoiler background in the design theme preface.
Fuck you BleepyEvans

08-28-2016 02:41 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

I was more talking about inconsistency in white vs transparent background, it would be more convenient if they just stuck with one then have two. Honestly if it weren't for the hex values being similar having a single colour background would be okay-ish.

Anyway I'm an amateur coder, and I don't do any coding for website since that's not what I ended up learning about.

08-28-2016 02:45 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

I believe that BBCode has 2 separate hex values, one for titled and one for untitled. For whatever reason, BleepyEvans decided it would be cool for them to have separate hex value color codes.

Also fucks sakes. The word is PROGRAMMER. Coder isn't a thing, Coder is the platform for Raspberry Pi. Coder to refer to a programmer hasn't been used since the 1930s.
Unless you're saying you encrypt things.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 02:51 PM by Trifon.)
08-28-2016 02:47 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

I blame this on the fact that my lecturer called us coders when we were learning matlab so it just stuck in my head.

It's less clunky than programmer although not as formal so despite your displeasure it's what I was exposed to.
I guess now I can start rectifying bad habits at some point.

On a side note I did used to do cryptography back in high school but I'm rusty on it right now.

08-28-2016 03:08 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

(08-28-2016 02:23 PM)Trifon Wrote:  Well the one you mentioned about being raped could in fact mean 'Doing something you don't want to do'. Considering it was on a bus it could mean being forced to use public transport when you don't want to. Or go somewhere you don't want to. Or taking a path you don't want to take. The best place to look is here
Well I'm personally fine with sexual matters, and engaging in consensual rape (with either me as rapee or rapist) so I'd guess that it was a dream where rape got used as a metaphor for something else, but it was a while ago so I have no idea what it could've been.

I use public transport a lot, since my parents and I all share a car, so it's never around when I need it, so I don't think being forced to use public transport is it. I even get on buses I don't frequent often sometimes and just ride to a part of my home city that I've never been to before, for a little while, when I want to clear my head, but am too lazy to bike/walk.

Anyway thanks for the link, I'll check it out properly when I have some more free time.

08-28-2016 06:22 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

Haven't been getting good sleep lately so I can't really contribute with any dreams. I really fucked up my sleep schedule.

derp derp derp
08-29-2016 03:59 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Not getting good sleep might actually help with dreaming. As long as you wake up during a REM cycle you should remember a dream. That is, unless you're getting no sleep at all.
Didn't have a dream last night, well I did but I can only remember small bits of it, not enough to put into an entry of my Dream Journal

08-29-2016 04:07 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

In summary you're saying I should go buy/set an alarm clock for the first time in my life, to try and remember my dreams better?

08-30-2016 09:35 AM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

No I'm saying go and do that if you want to. Plus use the alarm on a phone like a normal person.
If you WANT to then... yes. Wake yourself 5 hours after you normally go to sleep, write your dreams in a dream journal (Don't write long as fuck entries, the point is to remember them not to make a play about them) and then straight back to sleep. Writing in a journal should help with dream recall and also helps with memory in the waking world.

08-30-2016 01:50 PM