Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The Imperial Army of Belogravia Fucks Up a Simple People, Baby
liltimmy Offline
Private

The Imperial Army of Belogravia Fucks Up a Simple People, Baby

[Image: efDWwKl.png]

On an arid planet, an ancient temple complex stands. Despite long abandonment, it still stands strong, a landmark visible for miles to the nomadic traders who on occasion pass through this desert and speak of the golden days of their land. It is, they say, a holy place.

To Überraumsmarschall Ulrich Maiswand von Stahlkanonehügel, the blurred image of the temple on a fiendishly complicated set of lenses and screens before him represents an ideal site for an outpost in the conquest of this planet. Beneath its parched surface lie great mineral reserves, and carefully irrigated its barren fields will bring forth bounteous harvests for export to the rest of the empire. The technological level of the natives is pitiably low, they scratch amongst ruins of a dead civilisation only marginally more enlightened than themselves. He puffs on his long-stemmed pipe thoughtfully. To control the desert trade routes is to control much of this part of the planet, and it will be child's play to achieve it with only a small garrison and a few good artillery pieces.

"Weltraumkapitän!" he cries to the frigate's commander, "Bring zis ship around and prepare the drop-canisters! Today ve begin another great conquest in zer name of zer Caizar! Long may he sit upon zer Throne of Worlds!"

And thus we see the chain of events that resulted in two drop-canisters crashing down at speed into the drifting sands of the planet.

Far too old for MSPaint toy soldiers since 01/01/08
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 06:16 PM by liltimmy.)
05-28-2015 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pookaball Offline
Commando

RE: pookaball versus liltimmy - I Ran Out Of Ideas For Names Years Ago, Baby.

Hey, I thought we were going to do a resource-based match in a tundra environment, but ok.
EDIT: I need to cook up a spaeh vessel sprite to be able to even start playing this match, so I will probably only be able to become an opponent of yours in a few days :c

[Image: yEh4k6n.gif] [Image: 3JSYyE7.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 01:34 PM by Pookaball.)
05-28-2015 08:10 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

RE: The Imperial Army of Belogravia Fucks Up a Simple People, Baby

[Image: l3hbH8j.png]

with a crackling noise, the canisters, gently clinking as they cool, settle down in the timeless sands of the desert.

A few minutes pass as wisps of vapour rise languidly from the scorched heat-shields. Suddenly, there are sounds of muddled activity. Heavy alloy rivets start popping out of the canisters and landing in the sand.

05-29-2015 06:27 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

[Image: JzZ3EFb.png]
As the last rivets fall, something inside begins banging on the loosened panels. Although a little warped by the heat, the good solders of the 172nd Verlassengeschwader make short work of breaking out.

Cap badge glinting in the sun, a scout peers out. 'All clear, Kapitan!'

In a dazzling display as his highly polished alloy armour reflects the sunlight, Kapitan Gunter Fäulnishohl deftly releases the catch on the telescopic flagpole as he unholsters his revolver. Marching forward out of the canister, the scarlet flag bearing the Imperial Circlet unfurls. 'Men!' he bellows, 'Today we begin the glorious conquest of this planet! For the Caisar!'

05-30-2015 12:13 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

[Image: QNH5PFu.png]

meanwhile, a ragged figure looks on with passive interest.

05-30-2015 04:47 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

(I meant to upload this last night, sorry folks)
[Image: vHSHitU.png]
As the soldiers of the 172nd stretch out cramped limbs and shield their eyes against the bright sunlight and dusty air, the Kapitan smartly marches forward, the flag gently fluttering as he makes progress. Before him, a sturdy door of ancient, sun-baked wood is all that bars him from the squat mud-brick tower before him. It is clearly long-seized shut, the copper alloy hinges and lock misshapen and lumpy under a thick coating of verdigris. Almost casually, he aims his revolver and fires. The lock mechanism is blasted out of the door in a shower of dust and splinters. 'And men, there is nothing else on zis planet that shall give us more trouble!'

The sound of the shot travels far and clear in the flat desert. The onlooker is unperturbed.

06-01-2015 01:41 PM
Pie Offline
Rookie

I like where this is going...
06-02-2015 11:35 AM
liltimmy Offline
Private

[Image: eFLenpR.png]

In one mighty movement, the Kapitan kicks the door off its ancient hinges. The effect is rendered all the more dramatic as the door hits an ancient urn, shattering both in a cloud of dust and sand. Men continue to pour out of the canisters, joined by an engineer from the 55th Field Mechanists. The plan is to secure this tower before moving into the larger building in case of traps or defenders - standard doctrine.

The observer has heard and sensed enough. They begin to shuffle back off into the desert, blending in apart from two pairs of glassy orange eyes.

06-02-2015 01:16 PM
Battul Offline
Particle Oscillation Major-General

Woah, surely a lot of people can fit in those. It reminds me of those poo-boxes in American army, they can fit 10+ guys in there.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
06-02-2015 03:11 PM
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

Comrade Battul, we could't see how long these pods are if we're looking at them from the front.

Spoiler: BOSS signature
[Image: 5f27907d43a0.gif]
06-02-2015 03:24 PM
Battul Offline
Particle Oscillation Major-General

This is why we need 3D pixel wars.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
06-02-2015 05:42 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

i could have done them in isometric or oblique view or something BUT i'm very lazy and not very good at spriting. As a rule of thumb i'm sort of going on 4-5ish mans plus equipment for each canister with a bit of space left over for generic Stuff.

06-02-2015 05:53 PM
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

Guys, come on! This is PW, imagination does most of the job here! What the hell you're talking about? 3D, ismetric view... I've just guessed how so much people could fit in these things, but anybody could inven any other description! Magic portals or teleporter pads inside these landers or nanofabricators contructing people from dust and air or something more weird - it doesn't matter until storyteller, the player in our case, will decide that it needs to be explained.

Spoiler: BOSS signature
[Image: 5f27907d43a0.gif]
06-02-2015 06:24 PM
Propman Offline
Noodles.

It's true: take a look at any of the iscometric conversions I've done, and stuff you thought looked small will suddently be three times as large.
06-02-2015 08:09 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

i have steam-powered teleporters and rayguns and spaceships designed to cut through the luminiferous aether science is dead here

06-03-2015 12:08 AM
liltimmy Offline
Private

Apologies again for the wait, i've been hooning about on the UK's boring motorways for a few days.

[Image: VgjJUZc.png]

Quickly, the small band of men sweeps through the tower. Finding it empty, the Kapitan hoists the flag. Unfortunately, the central minaret of the tower has not fared the long abandonment of the complex well, and is probably not safe to climb yet, and disappointed, the Kapitan must mount the flag on the battlements.

Three soldiers are selected to hold down the tower with their commanding officer, with one rifleman ordered to cover the scout sent forwards to investigate the rocky bluff and the central building.

The engineers begin surveying the situation. The mechanist stays outside, taking stock of the supplies and tools in the canisters and preparing to disassemble them to fortify the building. The architectural engineer enters the tower with some trepidation to decide what work needs to be done to secure the building, noting with some dismay the crumbling mud-brick construction and ancient wooden beams.

06-05-2015 03:59 PM