Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Struggle in the Solar System - GALACTIC NEWSBOARD
Jafhar Offline
Resident fishman

RE: Struggle in the Solar System - GALACTIC NEWSBOARD

Out of curiosity, are there many other people that intend to join this? We were talking about filling in planets that aren't used to start a kind of land grab thing but not sure what people want.

SPRITE FASTER, COLOUR HARDER, PARTICLE OSCILLATE WITH AGILITY.
06-05-2015 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Battul Offline
Particle Oscillation Major-General

Maybe.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
06-05-2015 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oshlet Offline
Recruit

I will, I'm going for the sun and the small planet near it
06-05-2015 07:49 PM
Fizzick Offline
smord

06-05-2015 08:57 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

I'm gonna go ahead and claim the small planet to the right of the sun.
Meanwhile, I'm producing a PSD for the background and overhauling the map. The other planets'll still be there (Though thanks for that alpha parts of your planet, Jaf.) so it shouldn't affect it too much, it's just to make the planets look a bit more 3D

Michael Rosen YTPs are still funny.
06-05-2015 10:44 PM
AHappyElite Offline
Consistency Equivalent of Measles

I'll be jerking off on this invisible planet with my invisible army over here, if you guys don't mind.

I'm that one white guy who plays black guys in every game possible.
06-06-2015 03:18 AM
Jafhar Offline
Resident fishman

I lost the layered versions of my planets but I will happily redo them(I kinda am not overly happy with it), feels weird not being all pixel art.

SPRITE FASTER, COLOUR HARDER, PARTICLE OSCILLATE WITH AGILITY.
06-06-2015 08:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fizzick Offline
smord

I'm also going to redo my planet to higher standards.
06-06-2015 02:05 PM
AHappyElite Offline
Consistency Equivalent of Measles

These unrealistic planet standards are ridiculous, real planets have curves.

I'm that one white guy who plays black guys in every game possible.
06-06-2015 04:09 PM
Oshlet Offline
Recruit

[Image: 3AU8dEQ.png]

Without the sun. I'm not entirely sure how well I pulled my blue sun off.
Spoiler :
[Image: 4mibeNl.png]

The close orbit planet Crinda, nearest planet to the low-burn sun at the core of the system has recently been colonised by a shady organisation known as the Si Kuǐlěi Triad. These Chinese-stock colonists have heat-shielded and lightly terraformed Crinda not for their own comfort, but for the habitation of enormous insect-like creatures which can be farmed for the valuable material that makes up their carapace, the scores of useful chemicals lining their gut and raw organic matter for converting into flesh-craft. Along with the harvesting of insects, the Si Kuǐlěi Triad have also made forays into the depths of the planet for metals and gems for sale on the galactic market as well as to sustain their own expansion.

Opportunity has also been observed around the sun of the system, and solar farming operations have commenced. They're still small, but with the growing settlements and plans for habitable areas to be installed on Crinda, solar farming is set to increase in a big way.
06-07-2015 02:14 AM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Just so no-one takes it while I'm updating the background and other shite:
[Image: yflbij.png]

Will update the lore when... you know... the background's done.

06-07-2015 03:35 PM
Fizzick Offline
smord

After much discussion in the skype chat, we have decided to use this background and add planets where and how we see fit. Also we will not be using UI elements such as text, orbit lines etc. so it stays pretty.

Please add your planets to the map, reposting lore will not be necessary.
[Image: 57AK2rf.png]
There is my planet/moon, already described.
06-08-2015 04:40 PM
Battul Offline

It's too purdy for me.
I don't have PS skills.
D:

A New Oscillation
1999-????
06-09-2015 06:15 PM
Fizzick Offline
smord

it's just color reduced Plbbbfft(with some tweaking )
06-09-2015 07:07 PM
Battul Offline

Color reduced what?

A New Oscillation
1999-????
06-09-2015 07:08 PM
Fizzick Offline
smord

i googled "nebula" and "blue sun", color reduced, put them together, played with colors
06-09-2015 07:15 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

[Image: YeDLc3.png]

The planet of Baltas'r is one of verdure and incandescence. The little sphere, the tiny speck in the ever-black obsidian skies, the sun the natives name So'igni giving it light to makes its crops fertile and the forests lush. The planet was not always this way, it was once an ocean planet filled with ravaging seas, tempest storms and violent hurricanes, making life for the resident Ranvir very difficult for diplomacy and trade despite the Ranvir being the first to arrive in the solar system and being technologically advanced, the oceans caging them would hinder them to aeons to come.

The planet seemed trapped this way until astronomers of the greatest universities on the planet began to pay closer attention the alignment of the asteroids that sat outside the atmosphere. The planet was hit frequently and heavily by meteor showers, leaving deep scars in the land but never destroying it. Scientists felt that if they could harness the power of the asteroids with gravitational fields and bound them into one clump, it could make an artificial moon, a moon now named R'yptich, the plane of many.

Over the coming millennia, the Ranvir changed. Their fins morphed into legs and arms, their gills into nothing more than bumps in their scaly skin. They began to prosper with other planets, making profit from trade and advancing themselves with science and exploration. Farmers began to grow and cultivate plants from different parts of the galaxy, drawing moisture in from the air using sky-mills like the Traali had taught.

The planet is divide into four continents, each part with countless amounts of countries, islands and parcels of land. Elmerek lies to the east, a citadel of science and knowledge, housed in one great city: Ilbit. Orgath to the west, a farmers haven where the land fruitful and rich, its rolling hills filled with fields of gold. Islands sit between the two, in the continents of Emreth and R'ema. Emreth being to most important, it is a beautiful island filled with tropical birds, golden beaches and dense forest. It is home to the worlds elite, living in lavish palaces amongst the steep cliffs and blue skies. R'ema is the polar opposite to this, being a slum of smog and gas, it's name meaning 'Plane of Work'. It is an industrial powerhouse, where most of the races corporations house their forges factories and foundries, its populace riddled with disease, decay and poverty.

Recently, the world has undergone a shift that none would ever hope for. War. With the emperor of the race dead, his first-born son Ashir should have ascended to the throne. This decision was superseded by an ancient council that convene to decide on important matters, ascending the second-born son Tornak and sparking a civil war between the Loyalists to the council, and the off-shoot branch of insurgents naming themselves 'T'nel', the teachings of ten.

Now, the fields of green have been razed, replaced by the industries feeding themselves from war. Toxic fog pours into the air, blackening it with soot and ash. Civilians live in fear from both sides of the war, peace is all they ever knew. But now the fires of the conflict have boiled over and erupted. Giving the new planet a new name, El't'igni, the Planet on Fire.

To make matters worse, the civil has put tensions on the outlying planets from blockades restricting trade. They have begun to distrust the Ranvir, believing their wars to be pointless and inferior. People live in fear of an invasion. The outlying asteroids house exiled Ranvir named Skels. Salvs or Salvagers to the common tongue, a fierce group of pirates made up of many differing species of aliens including the Ranvir, hoping to make the most of the civil war.

My name is Klorak Ninderaan, captain of the ERS K'elmeth. Hunting the infamous T'nel general known as Pelinn. I am about to embark a journey that will embark me to the stars, experience the birth of a saviour, and the fall of kings.

This is my story.

06-11-2015 01:34 AM
Toothpick Offline
Private

I'll be looking to join this after I make a fleet :V
06-12-2015 09:41 AM
Propman Offline
Noodles.

I shall join in myself once I figure out how to properly make a planet (and fix the ice on my maps!)
07-08-2015 05:53 PM