Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Sandbox] Swampland Capers
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

RE: [Sandbox] Swampland Capers

In any unclear situation call Exterminatus!

Spoiler: BOSS signature
[Image: 5f27907d43a0.gif]
11-30-2014 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Battul Offline
Particle Oscillation Major-General

(11-30-2014 04:45 PM)Stefman Wrote:  In any unclear situation call Exterminatus!
Well, tbh, i am supposed to not make my troops OP, nobody said anything about Exterminatus.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
11-30-2014 04:54 PM
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

Sounds dull for me.

11-30-2014 06:35 PM
Battul Offline

(11-30-2014 06:35 PM)Stefman Wrote:  Sounds dull for me.
Well, depends. Planetcracking meltas would be no-fun but prolonged orbital bombardment could at least look nice.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
11-30-2014 08:57 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

I'll be able to make a turn Monday guys, I know a couple of people are waiting on me.
12-01-2014 12:19 AM
Commander Evil Offline
Evil Commander

I was planning on sticking my nose into your business, should I wait until tomrrow or make another turn?
12-01-2014 03:34 AM
liltimmy Offline
Private

it's been well more than two turns since your last, go for it.

Far too old for MSPaint toy soldiers since 01/01/08
12-01-2014 03:58 AM
Propman Offline
Noodles.

[Image: Cl2fe5M.png]

The first tank commander spotted a distant humanoid figure in the sky above the downed vessel, the bright glare of the jump jets plainly apparent "Commander, unknown object targeted in t' distance! Seems to be flyin' by rocket!" The whole squad turned to face the ship, save for the grenadier who had recently bridged the gap. "She's dun lads, ready fer passin-" Mintbright, now fully suited up, had rather poor visibility and was hardly able to discern the object in the sky sans for the glare of the jetstream, but he had a hunch about what they were facing, and his skin cooled several degrees at the revelation. "TAKE COVER!"

The tankers hastily ducked into their vehicles and started up their engines, bracing for the worst.
12-01-2014 05:14 AM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

Zooma zooma zoom zoom declare

[Image: P0Eu5ku.png]

A Tatarstian mechanized support unit comes in from the right, dismounted and ready for a fight. The vodnik leading the infantry detachment throws his fist in the air as the group reaches the ravine, motioning for his squad to take cover. They've run across a firefight.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 06:14 AM by Hobbesy.)
12-01-2014 05:47 AM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Declare.
12-01-2014 03:16 PM
Battul Offline

(12-01-2014 05:47 AM)Hobbesy Wrote:  Zooma zooma zoom zoom declare

COME ON, IN MY BACK?

A New Oscillation
1999-????
12-01-2014 03:54 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

[Image: fbHkwS.png]

The Securitron is not phased by the small arms fire and moves slightly forward, not enough to move into the soldiers line of fire however.

-#-[TUT TUT.... DON'T DO THAT]-#-
The doors on both the Securitron's shoulders drop open to show several rockets. It then lifts one arm to reveal the barrel of a machine gun.
-#-[MY TURN NOW]-#-

"STOP!" The sniper shrieks down the hallway. He clutches his rifle and shakes in his boots. "Securitron, stand down!"
Sweat drips down his forehead and his voice breaks as he speaks. He shouts to the worker down the hall, all the while keeping him in in his scope. "Nobody has to die here so long as you tell your buddy to drop his gun." He takes a deep breath. "We are American soldiers and as long as you're not a commie, we have no reason to fight". The sniper knows that he doesn't have the authority to be doing this, but he could leave the negotiations to a dodgy, cheap robot.

In the skies, the Vertibird slows down as the pilot notices a strange grey craft that had landed roughly in the clearing. He radios back to the outpost in the temple, "I have a visual on a large alien craft to the east. Possibly hostile, it looks like it's armed to the teeth."

At the radio, the Sergeant snatches the microphone from the engie. "Listen to me! You are not to engage until we can verify its origin. Arm your weapons, but do not engage!"
12-01-2014 03:56 PM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

(12-01-2014 03:54 PM)Battul Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 05:47 AM)Hobbesy Wrote:  Zooma zooma zoom zoom declare

COME ON, IN MY BACK?

Deal with it. B)
12-01-2014 05:33 PM
Commander Evil Offline
Evil Commander

Edit: Well I guess I did get it done after all.

[Image: bJK1OhS.png]

As the lead vehicle churns through the pond, the rear IFV comes to a halt. The gunner points his 30mm autocannon into the temple, using thermal optics to check ahead while his comrades in the lead prepare to drive in.

*KZZT* "Rogacz One, we haves movements in der structure ahead. Be on ür guardski- da?"

From the lead vehicle comes a boastful *KZZT* "Da, da, confirmski Rogacz Two, we show them good time! Ü just be keepings watchings on six! Da!"
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 03:05 AM by Commander Evil.)
12-01-2014 09:17 PM
liltimmy Offline
Private

declare

[Image: lNHvy3X.png]
The Vizekapitan just manages to suppress a roll of his eyes. Upstarts, he supposes, are as they have ever been. 'I express greetings towards your Emperess Viirrsha on behalf of Caizar Karl V von Rottlitz of the Empire of Belogravia! It vould seem ve might share certain values, Herr Mrrshan. Armed ve most certainly are, but whether ve constitute opposition remains to be zeen. Ve hev no current interest in commencing offensive operations at zis current time, indeed ve may be considered merely a party to scientific research and diplomacy.'

Having finished the rudimentary earthworks, the engineer begins the process of paving the ground in anticipation of a space-drop of parts and supplies - a few revolvers wouldn't go amiss either by the sounds of things. His desire for a firearm is only increased when he sees the mechanic running from the cave. 'Franz! Tell zer Vizekapitan ve hev more company - und zey hev a metallmann!'

The scout proceeds cautiously down the stairs, keeping the muzzle of his weapon pointed low so as not to perturb the armed man and his iron friend. 'Kommunismus? Vy, ve are fighting zer very same thing back in zer Empire! After zer republican usurpers ver overthrown, zer dratted reds popped up everywhere. Most ov our kameraden are occupied in zis fight. It vould seem ve share certain values!'

Far too old for MSPaint toy soldiers since 01/01/08
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 09:41 AM by liltimmy.)
12-02-2014 09:04 AM
Battul Offline

EDIT:
DAMN I DON'T HAVE TIME
;_;

A New Oscillation
1999-????
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 05:01 PM by Battul.)
12-02-2014 03:11 PM
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

[Image: AMbf7FU.png]
The Mrrshan commander suddenly feels that something is going terribly wrong. These humans are saying that they belong to an armed force, hence they're valid targets for 'Young Warrior Initiation' he performs. But in the other hand, they're stating clearly that their mission is to conduct some sort of research. That is, in term of another part of Mrrshan Warrior Code is an exceptionally honorable mission and, if other side is not at war with Mrrshan Empire or until direct orders of highly ranked officer takes place, Mrrshan warriors should avoid causing any harm to the research party. But, he thinks, these humans may simply lie to us. Still, there's another matter to discuss. Sniper lowers his weapon due to commander's gesture, while commander asks human again.
[Commander] We acknowledge value of science. You may continue with your research mission, we will not interfere. Be warned, though, that we have detected an aircraft heading to this site. If it belongs to your team, I want to share a communication frequence to inform each other about current situation. Do you agree?

While he speaks, lander sensors are detecting some kind of heat emission in the eastern direction. Pilot decides to act on his own. A smaller hatch on the roof of lander opens, and mortar lobs some kind of projectile high into the air.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 06:26 PM by Stefman.)
12-02-2014 05:26 PM
Battul Offline

Declaire, for rl this time. Actually i don't so shitty description. (who i am kidding). I may make better or something in future, right now i'm like hour late. Just doing it for sake that i may be slowing people down. Also, a question, does thirty/whatever turns for reinforcements, mean only my turns, or all of them?
[Image: tqsV7Ao.png]
The shot, despite being took in less than ideal conditions hit Guardsman boot and flew straight through, into sky. The other two looked in direction of sound, and special weapons operator asked through radio if he should melt the ship with traitors inside, but Sergeant, aware of new threat ordered him to save his shoots. He landed as fast as possible, to stop shining like dog balls. Since there were heretics around apparently, and they tried to kill one of his men, he should take more care and shoot everything that's not Imperial on sight.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 09:06 PM by Battul.)
12-02-2014 07:25 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Declare

[Image: OaE29D.png]

"Thank Jesus for tha-" The sniper's relief is interrupted by the Securitron. The Sergeants face had appeared on the screen of the machine; he was broadcasting for the terminal upstairs.

"So let me get this straight, you're fighting those red bastards too? This is excellent news." The Sergeant keeps a straight face, masking his glee. "This jungle is rich in resources that those damn chinamen need. The only problem is, we don't have a clue where these minerals, or whatever they are, are located. Maybe it's not so bad that we happened to stumble upon each other. Firstly, however, we have a Vertibird in the sky and we can see a metal saucer just outside the temple. Do you own this? Our pilot has a trigger finger."

In the sky, the Vetibird watches closely as the strange grey saucer launches a mortar. The pilot, itching to attack, requests for permission.
"Permission denied, it looks like you haven't been spotted yet, return to the LZ for now."
But as the Vertibird flies over the temple, the pilot sees the two incoming IFVs. "Shit man, we got people coming in fast from the west!"
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 09:51 PM by SpartanApples.)
12-02-2014 09:17 PM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

Proglasiti

[Image: Us0I9p0.png]

The pistol round smacks into the tree above the vodnik, and the Tatarstians are quick to fire indiscriminately into the area it came from.

"We've got bad guys! Put them in the shit boys!"
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 04:47 AM by Hobbesy.)
12-03-2014 03:49 AM
Battul Offline

Do you expect to hit anything or something?

A New Oscillation
1999-????
12-03-2014 02:37 PM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

Believe it or not there's this concept called "having fun" that doesn't always involve winning or being the stronkest most unkillable person on the field.
12-03-2014 05:40 PM
Battul Offline

I was just asking if those things spew enough bullets for you to expect hitting me. Because If i got away from it, YOU COULD CONSIDER ME POWERGAMING, and if i died, YOU COULD BE SUPRISED YOU KILLED ME. Like, holy shit, i just wanted to avoid any mistakes that could make me look like i'm powergaming AND INSTEAD I AM CONSIDERED POWERGAMER.

WOW.
What do you all have with thinking that I will abuse power, like, COME THE FUCK ON, LIKING WH40k DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE PROBLEMS. After all, Imperial Guard dies by bunches and I am not crying over it.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
12-03-2014 05:54 PM
Propman Offline
Noodles.

It should be noted that most of the IoM's overpowered weapons are either the domain of the Imperial Navy or Space Marine Chapters; for instance, Leman Russes are anywhere between really, really poorly made things that would be matched by a T-55 (if they're made out of just steel and composites) to on-par with a 4th generation MBT assuming that you make them out of ceramite and adamantium like the STC specifies, while their ballistic vests are likewise similar to modern ballistic vests, if modern ballistic vests didn't crumple to uselessness after being hit more then twice.

As for the dilemma of getting hit, your floating guardsman has no cover while being targeted by multiple shooters, so the chances of him dodging all of them are rather slim, though the flak jacket means depending on his luck, he might have a couple of wounds left assuming he ducks into cover immediately.

Also, I meant 30 turns to be across all players originally, but got hesitant when I found how quickly said thirty turns pass. Eh, guess I'll stick with it, as it means that those with bases can rush out more reinforcements relatively quickly. Might as well bring out my reinforcements.

A group of ice fairy scouts flew high above the sky, having suffered a similar misassignment as their earthbound brethren. The environment had taken its toll on them, and the group was close to losing cohesion as its leader attempted to put up with the complaints of a subordinate.

[Image: 8vmzoXt.png]

"I HATE this swamp! I hate the heat! I hate the flies! When do we get to EAT? We haven't ate a thing for HOURS!" moaned the rightmost fairy of the group, who was evidently getting on the nerves of her peers. The leftmost fairy, dressed up in a misty blue maid's uniform, a relic from her former employers, was on her last nerve as she glared down at her whining companion, taking great pains to restrain herself from freezing her mouth shut. "I TOLD you, once we find the base, we'll just tell them that we froze some frogs, and they'll send us back home. Now, be quiet, before I bury you in this swamp."

Down bellow, one of the scouts pointed her finger at a mass of lights near the ground. "Danmaku¹! I think I found more fairies!" The other fae all turned their attention to her, and sure enough, they spotted a large mass of ice bellow. "Huh? Leprechauns! And they're shooting at something. Come on girls, lets lend em' a hand!" The lead fairy started to dive towards the trees where the rest of the group was at.

[Image: AbofII9.png]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Lxp5H-Gs4

Meanwhile, the group down bellow ducked into cover, and hastily attempted to suppress their ominous adversary using their gyrojets. The clumsy weapons each fired forth a large calibre explosive rocket from their muzzles, the sound itself being a barely audible "pssssh" akin to a firework setting off as the explosives flew towards the disgruntled guardsman. Aiding them was the chicken tank, which fired a curtain of large pellets that glowed light blue with an intense amount of magical energy. The grenadier, with no apparent means of cover, instinctively rushed towards the lower portion of the ship, hoping to utilize the base as cover.

"Oi, what is that thing!?" shouted Gum as he hid behind a tree. Though Mintbright wasn't 100% certain, based on prior experiences from the Second Ethanol War, he made an educated guess based on the human's loadout, in particular the jump jets. "Spaceman! Possibly Lunarian²."

Behind them, the second tank advanced, Anvil frantically preparing the gun for firing as he was knocked around the inside of the turret, the cumbersome vehicle moving up a hill. The ratlingnoid hardly noticed the sound of the built-in phone ringing as it detached from its wall stand struck him in the side of the head. Curious, he picked up the device and answered it. "Anvil here, riding inside the Lady's Pride! Currently advancing into enemy lines!" The signal replied. "This be te Lucky No. 9! We're stranded, an' have spotted what we thought might be more o' us! Glad to see we be correct! Ya under fire, comrade?" Anvil silently gasped. Another tank was close by, which meant that they were probably not the only unit stranded on this...world, for a lack of a better term. "Yes, yes, more help would be desired! Follow me! Out!" Anvil placed the device back into its stand, from which it rattled violently.

The Lucky Number 9 hurried into the main body of vehicles from behind a pond, cautiously pointing its short barreled 75 mm gun forward. It momentarily halted, the crew inside preparing themselves for an amphibious crossing, for which the light tank was suited for, at least on paper.

[1] - Dankmaku, in its most general definition, is any sort of magical projectile eligible for use within spellcard battles. Prior to the Grand War, these cards were used to non-lethally settle disputes, the victor being the person who manages to land a certain number of hits on their opponent, with the exact number of hits between players as well as their stances differing based on specific rulings. During the later part of the war, it was one of the many things weaponized, as pure danmaku was found to be highly effective against steel and other inorganic materials. It can erode even complex composite materials, but its lethality against human-sized creatures remains relatively low. Nevertheless, repeated bullets are capable of causing death through blunt force trauma.

[2] - The Lunarians were a race of highly advanced immortal men that lived on the moon and kept themselves hidden from the humans of Earth. Notorious for their near incomprehensible mastery of both magic and technology, but exceedingly outdated military doctrine and poor leadership, they participated within many events inside Gensokyo prior to and well after the Grand War, at times attempting to control it for their own motives. They were presumably either forced into permanent hiding or subjugated by the rest of humanity some time around the late 22nd century, when the colonization of Luna expanded.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 11:23 AM by Propman.)
12-03-2014 10:58 PM
Commander Evil Offline
Evil Commander

[Image: YGZ1IBS.png]

The lead vehicle, heaving itself out of the tepid pond, makes a beeline for the temple entrance. However, the driver woefully misjudges the overhead clarance, and as he wedges the BMP into the stone structure, the ATGM Tube on the roof of the turret goes crunch in a manner only rivaled in volume by the grinding of stone as the vehicle comes to a stop. As soon as the vehicle jerks to a sudden halt, the rear hatch pops open and the first soldier squatting within leaps out, muttering a curse as he stretches his legs for the first time in over an hour.

The rear vehicle's gunner finds his target again, 30mm autocannon smoothly sweeping upward and zeroing in on the Vertibird. Giving the vehicle commander a tap on the shoulder with the toe of his boot, he awaits the order to fire.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 11:57 AM by Commander Evil.)
12-04-2014 11:22 AM