Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Piskat Vs Gamma Plasma - There Can Only be One
piskat Offline
Commando

Piskat Vs Gamma Plasma - There Can Only be One

[Image: fA44ben.gif]

All great civilizations and empires must come to an end in due time. Whether it be Atlantis, a grand kingdom that was sent to the depths of an ocean; Pompeii, a rich artistic city that was smothered under the ashes of Vesuvius; Or the Mayans, a civilization so great and so powerful - Yet disappeared, leaving only glimpses into their rich historic society.

For years The Insidiation Empire flourished like hibernating animals in spring, full of energy and power, after being dormant for so long. We ruled over cities, continents and entire planets - Burning all who opposed us in great fires rivaling those at the beginning of Earth's early days. But after a period of complete dominance, our glorious empire began to decay like an afterbirth; As maggots began worming their way out from within, our society crumbled in a devastating fashion as traitors, rebels and dissimulators tore apart every ounce of power we had mustered.

And like that we were gone. Only a few of us stayed true to the cause, and as civil war and deception shredded our once great civilization, we fled into darkness. Now many years have passed, I have lost contact with all other siblings of the cause and I do suspect they are dead also. Which makes me the last remaining prophet of the original Insidiation manuscripts, and as Aegrum 2:15 states: ''For whence great kingdoms plummet, simple men shall look upon one to bring back the past.''

That is what I shall do, I shall resurrect our once great empire and breathe life into it's decrepit lungs. But first I shall need a close disciple - Only the most malevolent and absurdly powerful will be fit to serve under me as my most trusted adviser. Whilst gaining allegiance will be easy through the use of ancient brainwashing procedures, yet I shall need some way of testing the potentials' strengths...

...Perhaps a game is in order...

Spoiler :
After rummaging through the stars like a malnourished vulture, I've come across one such planet in which displays of abnormal strength are present in every day life. This planet is much like old Earth, but it still has fresh life roaming across the surface. For starters, the occupants I can currently observe seem to be rather varied from the humans and creatures I knew back on Earth in it's early days. It seems this planet seems to be a parallel twin from the world I used to know, where my once great empire was never even founded in the first place...

Four organisms catch my interest from the huge crowd of unusual entities; A cocky young human, brimming with untouched potential in the form of his peculiar teleportation abilities - I shall make sure to disable them when I take him in, as he could be a nuisance until turned; Another is a female warrior, also excreting vast amounts of potential that could be exploited by my side...interesting; One other is a Armour clad hero, this valiant knight of old may prove useful to me although I'd have to rid of any heroic attributes as they could be a pain; And finally, a stranger, I sense he is in eternal combat with his own demons and if exploited also - His pure hatred would make an incredibly good weapon.

But as the old manifests do tell, only one shall become the reviver's trusted adviser in reviving the Insidiation Empire. I shall have to test these individuals, and see if they are fit enough to do so...

[Image: kEpOenq.gif]

These candidates will do just fine...

[Image: 4FTul1e.png]

And with that, four super-humans were gone - Leaving only a gaseous pool as a marker of whence they were.

In an instant, the captives were delivered into cryostasis storage which kept them in suitable conditions for the long travel across the stars. Whilst in containment, they had all been issued special bolt collars which had been bored deep into the flesh of each captive - Making sure that they would stay...disciplined.

[Image: MoeGleq.png]

After discovering a specialized location for the perfect duel, the captor beamed these new-found contestants onto the surface of the dead planet. And, as each person awoke to their awaiting horrors, the captor decided to finally 'converse' with them.

Soon after waking, Tsuki's mind is suddenly ablaze as an ominous voice etched at her conscious.

Madam Tsuki I presume: I shall make this short and to the point as I know how you are confused and delirious. In a few short moments, you shall be competing for a position at my side and competing for your life. Around your neck, and in-bedded into your flesh, is a standard Insidiation shock collar - This collar hasn't been tampered with as I know your...let's say, distaste to electric currents. Should you decide to show mercy to your opponents, you shall feel true pain as it courses around your body.

Furthermore; Good luck, I do hope you'll please me.

Tsuki's mind is suddenly returned to her normal state, as her husbands is suddenly set ablaze in a torrent of agony.

Knighteous, I understand you're a bit of a lawful hero in the eyes of your old city. Now, some may deem that a grand strength, yet I deem it as an insufferable weakness - But I have seen through your facade, and I have peeked deep within and I know there is untapped potential waiting to be exploited. Now then, you shall be thrust into the glory of battle soon enough and I expect great things from you. But show mercy to your opponents, and the newfound collar that is tapped into your nervous system shall stimulate your Nociceptors and cause a blaze of agony unlike anything you have ever experienced in your time fighting petty thieves. I do hope that you shall go against your 'morals' as it will only end in your crippling defeat.

Oh, also, your wife shall be competing too - But there's only room for one by my side!

Good luck...

Knighteous drops his shield to the floor at the mention of Tsuki, shivers race down his spine as a cold sweat exudes from his brow. Meanwhile, Technoa's mind sets ablaze.

Technoa, also known as Arthur Richmond. You do intrigue me, boy...Whilst you're young and foolish I can observe the reservoir of power deep inside. You've went through your entire life boasting about your unusual powers and how grand you are, but now it's time to see if those cretinous gloats are true. Around your neck is a collar, it serves two purposes - The first, being to stop you from teleporting off this rock by limiting your range; The second is to discipline you, should your ego or mercy impede your ferociousness in battle. Let's just say, if any mercy is shown to your opponents, you shall know how your Nociceptors react to...stimulation. I have invited an old friend to this arena too, you're going to have your hands full my dear boy. But if you win against all odds, you shall have the glory of becoming my advisor plus being able to leave this place with your life...

...May the best freak win.

Technoa's mind returns to a normal state and as he stumbles backwards, a long forgotten emotion brews...fear. Finally, Scott is visited by the burning sensation as a voice emits from within.

Scott Wrenbury, for years you have been searching for the man who betrayed your trust to those mercenaries. Why, I have done you a rather large favour I expect to be repaid - I have found you your victim - And as a bonus to your satisfaction, I have included a position by my side as I reform an old empire. Power, glory and blood shall all be yours for the taking if you eliminate your new-found opponents. I trust in your absolute savagery, thus I have removed your collar allowing you to release that parasitic beast from within. Do not disappoint me - Only one of the four contestants shall be leaving here alive, let's hope it shall be you.

Instilling all this information into each four captives, the captor chuckles as his influence burrows deep within their minds. Now he just has to sit back and enjoy the bloodshed, now it's time to see if he made the correct decisions...

Spoiler :
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
08-29-2013 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gamma Plasma Offline
Particle oscillating pioneer

Re: Piskat Vs Gamma Plasma - There Can Only be One

[Image: NOuPINB.png]
And just like that our courageous anti-heroes were whisked away. The playthings of a higher being. Gods and demons. Whether this one of the Empire is one does not matter. Only power matters in the grand scheme of things. The power to control, to create and destroy. Many with power are merely content to sit back and observe. But power entails great risks, and no one knows who watches those with power.

But that is of no importance right now. This being of Insidiation is content with finding a new disciple. And so we shall embark down below, to observe its efforts, and their bouts against each other. Love, friendship, vengeance. All are equally amusing and unimportant. The simple truth is that there can only be one.

Maiden Tsuki pauses for a moment. Bastard. Whoever, wherever this person is, she's going to find them. Maybe she won't kill them, that offer to join their side sounds incredibly enticing. Aside from a select few, she really had no ties to her home, or indeed her planet as is quite relevant now. Regardless this person will still know true pain, even if she decides to join them. She isn't going to just become their lackey.

For now she needs to live, rather easy actually, she has a habit of staying alive in stupid situations. Here's hoping luck and the occult don't fail her now. Tsuki walks over and sits down by the edge of a broken pathway. It might appear to be her dawdling, but the maiden hates when anyone wastes time. Establishing your surroundings and contemplating your next move is different to wasting time.

Standard issue collar, huh. Well she's not going to complain, if this person wants to underestimate her then that's okay. That being said, a single bolt of high voltage electricity is plenty for bring her to her knees. It isn't going to come off either, more blood is stained over her hood and hair. Well I guess that's trivial now.

Optical mask is still with her, so are her nihonto. Earpiece is gone though, smart one, making sure she can't contact her husband. None of her powers seem to be massively restricted either. Tsuki inspects her blades, ensuring that they are still functioning as they should, and she has a go at manipulating the murky, and likely toxic waters below her. This area might be useful later, for leading someone into a trap.

Speaking of which, there are others. How nice that she also possesses clairvoyance. Tsuki expands her extrasensory field, desert cave facility. Long abandoned. Could be worse. She also detects the three others people... Gabriel... What's he doing here? That person...toying with her emotions. Deep love isn't something that's easy to repress and Tsuki finds herself pondering over whether she's going to kill her husband or not. It won't be in cold blood but still... whose life is more valuable?

Oh and Mr Richmond? Is it coincidence that two of the three things that bond her to her home have come with her? A friendship, she's not happy about it but her composure is strong enough that she'll take Techy's life with her own hands if she has too. And one more person, she doesn't recognize their aura. Wait...this was that strange man that entered the city. What rotten luck for him.

Up above Knighteous isn't displaying the same sorts of composure as his wife. In anger at the fact that he may have to face her, he rams his fist into the wall besides him, cracking it significantly. Cooling down he absorbs his shield. It's too cumbersome in these corridors. Summoning a mace, he walks along towards a ladder nearby. He may as well try to find a way out.

The man thinks for a moment. Nissy is probably idle right now, calmly planning her moves. No doubt she's watching everyone with her powers. Hell he's next to a pool of water so she's already found him. The question is, is she going to hunt him down or stay away. Whatever higher power sent them here is likely to force them to fight, and he's not sure if he can bring himself to even touch his wife inappropriately.

Nissy on the other hand will, she has no qualms about maiming friend or foe. But she'll also think of a way out. She's clever, there's got to be a solution to this and she'll find it. For now he can only hope that he doesn't bump into her and that he survives. Love solves everything, that's the best he's got right now.

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
08-30-2013 05:14 PM
piskat Offline
Commando

[Image: MwBBvw0.png]

Whilst the two below were gaining their bearings with the rather grim situation, Technoa was doing the same above. Whilst not knowing how many or who else were here in this desolate area alongside him, he had a vivid idea on who this 'Friend' was. If this being went around picking up 'contestants' from a local area, it may mean that other superheroes were picked up too. But it was too vague to put a direct finger upon the subject as it could be a numerous amount of people; The White Knight was a viable choice yet Technoa had only worked with him on occasion, so he didn't really consider it as a friend; Another choice could have been Psiren, which would have made sense due to his rather strong feelings toward her...god he hoped it wasn't her; Hell it could have been Tsuki who had been chosen alongside him, which probably meant Knighteous would be here too due to this being having a sort of sadistic entertainment taste and a married couple would have provided that.

This was all speculation of course, it could be one opponent for all he cared. But what if the being was being, dare he say it, sarcastic? What if it wasn't a friend? But in fact a great enemy of his? Whilst Technoa could have picked through a plethora of local villains that hated his guts - One stuck out - Scott Wrenbury.

Technoa hadn't heard from Scott in months after selling him out to a group of mercenaries. Jesus christ, what if he survived that attempt? Shit, of course he did. It was a foolish attempt to get mercenaries to do his dirty work, he knew how twisted and powerful Scott had become. If it was him, then Technoa was not sure if he would ever escape this desert alive.

Finally releasing his grip from the collar, he attempted to focus across the blazing sands. There in the distance - Blotched onto the landscape - was a figure. Technoa, who had previously been sweltering in this heat, suddenly became frozen with fear. It was him...he was sure of it.

With only Picard and Kirk left in the compartment on his back, Technoa readies them as his suit begins to slowly buzz. Suddenly - with a outstanding crackle - sparks fly as a series of bolts course through his armour, brimming with energy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the searing in his mind stopped abruptly, Scott slowly arose from his lowered stance. Rubbing his throat as to check whether a restraining device had been fitted - He simply laughed when he found out none was present. This unknown being, although foolish to suspect he could tame Scott to being his 'Advisor', had given him the prestigious chance to snatch the life from that bastard's eyes. That bastard, was Arthur Richmond - Technoa - and he had a long overdue debt to Scott, a debt that would essentially be paid when Arthur's corpse would be crumpled in a bloody heap.

He had noticed Technoa nervously preparing in the distance, and as rage enveloped him, he took long strides towards his prey. Whilst Scott was knowledgeable about the other two unknowns in the area, he only had one primary goal thus far - And that was to feel the warmth of life seep out of Arthur's trembling face, whilst Scott simply felt the hot flush of glory sweep over his triumphant posture.

Scott removed his hat and scarf as he approached the navy varnished 'hero', he wanted his face to be the last thing Arthur ever laid eyes upon...

...That, and it was fucking boiling out here.
08-31-2013 07:30 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

[Image: rdgtH6I.png]
Having finished her inspections, Tsuki decides to get a move on. This being wanted no mercy to be shown, and idling standing by sounds like mercy in her books. She quickly propels herself off the pathway and over to the ladder nearby, climbing up as fast as she can. Being of an extremely floaty build has some perks to it, though there's a few more hindrances too. Her body is also really flexible and soft. A bit too flexible and soft.

Tsuki bruises easily. Thankfully that occult magic she learned really helps with sorting out the injuries but her body isn't really that durable. She's not like other superheroes with their sturdy hides or super advanced suits, born of either science or magic. She's not even got the durability of your average human, it's not as fortunate as that.

You want to know why the maiden wears robes, rather than some stylish outfit? Given her personality and background you'd expect some flair. It's so that she doesn't disturb anyone. She bruises easily. Right now, underneath all those robes, and undergarments and plating is a beautiful body, stained in blood. Healing magic may seal off wounds but it doesn't get rid of the excess fluid.

For example, that explosion which threw her in the air, back in the city, you could say it did both a little and a lot of damage to her. Thankfully the armouring woven into her robes cushioned the blow but for a few moments she was in a rather unfortunate situation. Healing helps but water doesn't wash everything away and explosions are not great when you're on the receiving end, maybe she shouldn't have been so kind to that jackass head.

I suppose that was a more grim and unlikely scenario, which actually happened. But it illustrates the point. It's not about coming out unfazed. It's about making sure you come out alive when you've been wounded. Of course no one else needs to know about these facts, it's just ponderings to pass the time. Even her husband never picked up on the fact that she seemed different, although there was a time when she was more humane.

But enough reminiscing. If she's going to show off she'll need to pick the nearest target. This unknown fellow will do, and right now he's a blank slate in her mind, soon to be coated in blood. Mind you his aura is giving off a distinct feeling. And there's something else tucked away inside him too. She's hoping it's not something dangerous but it probably is. Alas.

At the very least she can feel hatred and rage burning within. Directed over at Techy, the figure in the distance, who's internally rife with fear. It is true that Mr Richmond had royally pissed off a lot of people in his time, although whenever he told tales of his "grand" exploits she never bothered to lend her ears. Perhaps she should have, it's one thing to know how to fight your friends but it's another when it comes to the complete unknown. Still that'll make it interesting.

Speaking of interesting, how's she gonna save Gabriel? Maybe if she impresses that being enough then she can convince him to free her husband. Unlikely. Or perhaps he could fool him into believing she'd killed him. She's never tried reviving others from death before. But if she could leave Gabriel on the brink and trick that being then it might work. Of course whether she's going to go through with it is another thing.

Their relationship had started to strain recently, and going around hacking away at him isn't very nice and typical of a spouse. She made a promise not to use him as bait after that one event. She does get a little too engrossed in the sport, she'll admit, whether she works alone or with her peers. This isn't important now, she might be able to enjoy herself somewhat in the heat, but will she be the one who takes out her husband? Right now things could be going down another road...

Knighteous wades through the pool and climbs up the ladder. You know the average suit of armour is actually fairly mobile, so long as the smith made sure it was of good design and weight distribution, and your knights of old could be as agile as a SWAT officer or firefighter. So it's no surprise that Knighteous can go around like his now fairly swiftly. His armour is like a second skin basically.

Arthur Richmond. Him and Mr Richmond haven't always seen eye to eye, their ideals and personalities always seem to clash, and Mr Richmond isn't the most pious or polite of individuals either. He could cite times like when Mr Richmond "borrowed" or rather looted his and Nissy's vaults, all those bouts of casual snark that he himself wasn't too fond of, and that one time when he teleported into their hotel room shower...

He's no psychologist but at very least he can figure out how people in his target markets work. Cocky youth's these days, thinking their "matured" adults. Always digging their noses into other's business and thinking they can save the day when they want to. His wife didn't mind the ego, she was playful with it. He did though.

The man claims it was on accident, that he missed his own room by a few feet. Knighteous is certain that Mr Richmond has more than a passing interest in Nissy, and if not then definitely her maiden persona. It is likely to just be platonic love though so he guesses it's fine. It should be fine in his mind, if he had no doubts about it.

Nissy's too old for him anyway, though he can't recall whether Mr Richmond is aware that the two married couples are one and the same. Besides it's no secret that he has many a great feeling for Psiren. The two hang out a lot, yet she was noticeably absent when crime decided to return to the city just a few hours ago.

Hmmm...why's he having all these doubts and negatives about Technoa now? That deep seated itch in his mind. Is it telling for once to not be so righteous and upstanding? No he can't think like that. At the very least he can't kill Technoa, not now. I mean, surely this being above was a little lenient for some chatter. How much pain was it?

"Mr Richmond. Calm yourself. Think rationally. You cannot go waving around all those sparks. Who are you trying to hurt? Me? Old friends? Enemies with grudges? Stop for a moment. We must not waver to this being that has captured us. For the sake of justice and our dignity. I am sure neither of us wants to hurt the other unless we must, but you think there's no choice. There is choice. Standing up to this foolish being and taking him down. He can't be spectating too far from here."

"Ah Knighteous, you really shouldn't step out of the frying pan so carelessly...", a faint breeze silently sneers.

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
09-01-2013 07:08 PM
piskat Offline
Commando

[Image: fXhXdMI.png]

Initially Technoa had not noticed Knighteous attempting to reason with him, he was much to focused on the now ever approaching beast coming over the sand dune. He was not used to fear, all his life he would teleport around the place simply beating upon villains with gratuitous amounts of fun. But Scott was the only thing to stir up these fearful emotions within Technoa, and frankly it terrified him even more.

By now, Technoa's suit was slowly heating up due to the massive amounts of electricity coursing through it. Sparks and bolts flew off in all directions as he prepared for the oncoming shapeshifter. Finally shifting his gaze on the distant dune, he noticed Knighteous' words and decided to acknowledge them. And with a heavy tremble in his voice, he began talking.

''Knighteous, I-I understand your concern for taking the lives of other humans even when it's the most b-bestial fucker out there. But this...thing, this thing is not human I assure you and it will not stop until it hunts me down and whoever get's in it's fucking way! S-So if you're going to chat utter bollocks to me whilst that fucker approaches, then please leave - If not, and you'll actually stand up for something, then by all means stay!''

Technoa hadn't meant for the aggressive tone in his words, he wanted - no - he needed Knighteous to help him, but the utter fear had caused him to simply ramble at the valiant knight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott continued his strides towards Technoa, kicking up sand as he progressed. He was ready for this whilst, by the looks of it, Technoa was not...perfect! As he slowly decreased the distance between him and his target, Scott's skin slowly began to peel and flake away with a sickening series of sounds. Emerging underneath was a hardened flesh-like substance which seemed to take his skin's place - This skin was, what Scott like to think, his true form in which he would become a walking weapon in the eyes' of his victims.

What caused this power was in fact a parasitic entity which resided deep within Scott's body. And whilst it gave him these glorious powers of unmatched strength and speed, it slowly sapped away at his mind until it influenced his every action - Which is what caused him to disfigure from a just superhero to a sadistic beast in the first place.

''Arthur! My, it has been a long time!''

Spoiler :
I'd like to apologize for such a delayed turn! Over the past few days real life was calling (Friends and school) so I had no time to actually post! I had the image finished up but I never had the time to finish text, so sorry! Everything is sorted out now, so expect more turns!
09-03-2013 06:58 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

Spoiler: It's fine
I had better expect more turns, you lazy piece of...!
Nah, don't worry about it, it was only two days. :smile: Plenty have been guilty of far greater delays, myself included.
(I should really go find those other old turn and their descriptions on my memory stick and actually post them for once.)
Not everyone has a knack for wasting time and then getting shit done quick.

School's started up for me now as well, and friends may drag me away to. Can't do much about my friends, gotta have a life (coming from the one who's the 2nd best lurker in PW :v:).
School? Well let's put it this way. I did this turn while simultaneously doing a sheet of 50 algebra questions due in today, in about 2 hours for now.
Gotta love procrastinating. :tophat:
[Image: h21bKf2.png]
Knighteous lets out a quite audible sigh at Technoa's ramblings, clearly that ego of his wasn't used to a situation such as this. No doubt if his wife were here she'd be displaying some of that snark of hers. If he had to guess then not only did he have unsound fixation and fear over this "bestial fucker" but he also likely had some form a power restriction that was inadvertently cramping his style, so to speak.

At the very least he had a collar on him as well, who knows, some men can be rather frighten by mere handcuffs. Speaking of collars it appears the being above was nice enough to let him talk with his old "friend". But he should probably do something more active before he changes his mind and blasts him with agonising pain.

"Mr Richmond. Calm yourself. That's what I told you just mere moments ago. Again, calm yourself. You're no good to me if you act like the moron you always seem to be. This guy knows you so he likely knows how you fight too, you can't afford to make mistakes. I'll team up with you, fighting someone I don't know is plenty more compelling than fighting a peer of mine.
Now exactly what can this guy do? That'd probably be a good start at a proper battle plan rather than, as you distastefully put it, chat utter bollocks.
And I have stood up for something. I stand up for justice!"

Over behind Scott, Tsuki had positioned herself just out of view. Scott may be ready for his old friend, but Tsuki was ready for this new "acquaintance". Such is the nature of clairvoyants. Gathering water around herself, she prepares to blast off and dowse the man above her. First a big shock to put him down, then a more concentrated one to start rattling him up.

But being closer to Scott only makes her reaffirm her suspicions. That distinct feeling in his aura, she knows what it is now. There's something lurking inside him. A powerful parasite, most likely. She's almost certain of it, the aura of insane and potentially uncontrolled beings dwelling deep within one's consciousness and body is a feeling she knows all to well from the many people she's had to face.

And perhaps one that she knows best, given how close she been with these types of beings. After all there's one lurking within her too right now...

The gentle winds whispers again, "Huh, playing sneaky Tsuki. Wise move. Do make this entertaining for me. Hehe." The wind makes it's metaphorical voice just audible enough for Scott to hear, and compel him just a little to be wary of his behind...
--------------------------------
Now then, back to bloody maths. 39 questions down. Only 11 more to go. The torture feels like it never ends. Can you factorise 49m²-25n²? Actually that's too easy for me and you people, it's probably the easiest question on the list.

09-04-2013 08:11 AM
piskat Offline
Commando

[Image: ENEQldb.png]

By now, Technoa's suit was beginning to let off smoke as the sheer current began hastily heating it up. It was only a matter of time until he practically melted, so a discharge would be practically mandatory if he wished to keep breathing.

Technoa knew that an attack like the one he was preparing would drain him of most of his energy - Which would leave him vulnerable for a dangerously vast amount of time. That's when Knighteous, between his insults, gave him a damn good idea. Now finding it hard to speak due to the sheer heat emanating from his suit, he attempted to speak as swiftly as possible.

''D-Damnit, alright! Look I don't have much, agh, time so I must be swift! Ge-Get ready because as soon as I fire this, you str-strike that bastard after!''

He wished he could explain his plan to Knighteous more-so, but the pain was absolutely agonizing. He had to fire soon, otherwise he would become a deep fried Arthur Richmond.

All of a sudden, whilst in the midst of charging, he heard an all too familiar voice emit from the disfigured character on the other dune. As memories began to flash by, Technoa's fear began to turn to utter hatred, an emotion not commonly experienced by himself either.
-------------------------------------------------

Noticing the amount of sheer electricity firing out from Technoa's suit, Scott knew that he was preparing for something. He had only ever seen Arthur do this once before, and it was typically a last resort tactic...strange using it before the battle had even begun. If his predictions were in fact correct, Arthur would be unleashing a sheer torrent of electricity from his suit which, whilst incredibly powerful, left him in a severely weakened state due to the physical trauma that would be scarred upon his body.

However he could hear another voice, one down below Arthur. Peculiar how this unknown character had not struck upon Technoa by now, and even more peculiar they appeared to be conversing. No matter, Scott would be prepared for whatever came next.

There was something else though...A whisper in the breeze, furthermore though he couldn't tell what it said but he could feel a strange presence from behind. Paranoia slowly crept into his corrupted mind, and in a quick flash his skin seemingly melted away from his face and arms as the peculiar substance took it's place instead.
09-05-2013 03:57 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

Piskat, you were suppose to factorise 49m²-25n². :doh: How else are you going to pass maths? Come on, it's easy. :smile:

09-05-2013 04:18 PM
piskat Offline
Commando

Look I really can't be arsed if I'm honest, I'm way way too tired for this shit.

(7m-5n)(7m+5n)
09-05-2013 04:57 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

Ninja napping! It's how I do it! I even did it (only once) during one of my work experiences. The one at an army logistics division no less, if they caught me I'd have been shot or something. Well probably not.

And yes it's a difference of two squares, correct! :toot: Now to go make my turn.

09-05-2013 05:07 PM
piskat Offline
Commando

Sweet nelly darlin' I won I won!

But indeed, go wee little Gamma! Go make some turns! Meanwhile, I shall begin work on my game mode hinted within the commando thread... :v:
09-05-2013 05:11 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

Spoiler: Sleep
So erm...I fell asleep at my computer and somehow deleted my turn description. Oops. :doh:
Blame Kittenpillar, we were discussing DEM Corp fluff in the middle of the twilight morning for no real reason, whilst Spartan and Trifon were unable to comprehend the magitech goodness, and thought all of us were drugged.
Well let's get back into the swing of things now. :smile:
"Dear me, I shouldn't be breaking the fourth wall. Or giving out hints to contestants. Ah well.
So am I part of the fifth wall? I suppose that means I'm really on the roof.
Well I do wonder when the other guy up above will notice me. Hehe."

[Image: fTchlBk.png]
Knghteous can clearly see that Technoa will need to discharge all his gathered up electricity soon, the suit massive amount of sparks and smoke from the suit made it obvious. He'd seen Technoa shoot many a bolt before in Generic City but never had Knighteous seen Technoa gather up this much charge, what on earth could he be thinking of doing?

Whatever plan it is, it better be a good one, one does not simply fire off an attack like that willy nilly. Or could it be that his suit's electrokinesis module is incapable of safely reducing gathered electricity once activated. No doubt his suit was stolen, this was Arthur Richmond, petty teleporting thief here. The suit likely has a few snags that Technoa's been unable to sort out. Still there's no sense complaining about it now.

"Alright Mr Richmond, destroy that fenc...
By the Lord, filthy scum!"

Knighteous hops onto the generator besides him, and is greeted by an utterly hideous sight. Mr Richmond was right, this guy was a bestial fucker. The abundant amount of flaking skin, coupled with the fleshy tendrils squirming all over Scott's face and worse of all the all too familiar look of ravenous bloodlust. It was all enough to make Knighteous drop his calm, chivalrous demeanour, and adopt that controlled, stern businessman attitude that he rarely chooses to use unless it was for an important sake.

This time there is an air of prejudice within too, unseen within the armour, bar for a tight grip of his mace and shield. This man was once human, but now he was nothing but an ugly leech. Knighteous is sure of it, he can recognize a parasite inhabiting another as a vessel from a mile away. And it greatly annoyed him, this man greatly annoyed him. Any parasitic vessel greatly annoyed him.

It all started on one rainy day in Spring. It was a typical rainy day, the pitter patter of raindrops, that faint chill in the air, but on that particular day there was to be much grief from a Mr Gabriel Wright, then just a 12 year old boy. Out with his parents at the park, the trio found themselves caught in the midst of superpowered battle, unable to defend themselves from a supernatural duo.

Gabriel's parents were killed right in front of him, by two vessels which both held parasites within, the two of them having fought for the other's flesh to consume in a battle of animalistic fury. It was on that day that Gabriel developed his powers out of sorrow, fear and anger. He slew one of the parasites, whilst the other escaped unscathed, running in fear of a young teenage boy.

That day he made a promise to uphold justice, in honour of his fallen father and his standing as a private detective. And a promise to save the innocent, for his fallen mother who saved lives at the hospital as a doctor. And one more, a vow to utterly purge and eliminate the world of all parasites and their vessels if need by, and by extension anyone who was unable to control their powers, flying into fits of rage, and use them for good. Petty criminals could be locked away, but that wasn't good enough for parasites. They had to die!

Knighteous immediately summons the rest of his flail, extra slack set up so that he could produce a quick bout of that momentum accelerating trick he does. One thing to note is that the flail head now has spikes protruding on it, it seems that Knighteous is dead serious about purging the world of Scott. This demeanour was not typical of the knight of old, it seems he has found an outlet for his "untapped potential" as the being above called it.

His gauntleted fists clench right around his flail, shaking slightly with a slight fit of ire. His poise is bold and steadfast. His voice is stern, strict and seething with a new emotion, the angry businessman is something Mr Richmond almost never sees from Knighteous, here it is now, held in a brief sentence, that sends a single uncanny chill down Technoa's spine.

"Arthur, we are eliminating that fucking parasite. Now!"

I'm sure you're all thinking it now. What about Tsuki? Tsuki always was a woman of mystery, she was quite different to most others, be they male or female. She herself, blessed with holy, aqueous purity, yet shrouded in the darkness of the occult, all encasing her parasite, abilities and control unknown. No doubt that her parasite will be released today, if not of her own accord then of one who's sadistic enough to summon it themselves.

Even marriage has its secrets, and it seems Tsuki has more than just her little spat with Benjamin McAlistair. I wonder what Gabriel would do if he found out his dear little Nissy harboured his worst fears and most hated of all creatures, the loathsome parasite. Justice or love, which holds more value in the knight's heart? Hopefully we'll find out, as we watch the knight's convictions shatter and fall. For now they remain upright.

Speaking of Tsuki there she is, blasting off into the air on jets of water, like she often does. She eyes Scott herself, clairvoyance is just as good but something staring at someone with your own two beady eyes just seems better. She's sure that he has a parasite in his body now, there's too much evidence to just go and deny it.

Judging from his appearance and style this person likely specialised in close combat, with a capability to make short work of his assailants should he be able to form a tight grip around them. A high damage up close kind of guy. Still she should be wary, there is always the distinct possibility that he has at least some form of ranged attack, which could take her off guard, even if it isn't deadly enough to maim her.

With one arm outstretched, and her palm open, Tsuki fires off a high pressure burst of water, intended to keep Scott at bay and ensure that even if he does feel like charging at her, he'll only get knocked down in the process. If he's strong enough to trudge right through the flow then his strength must be impressive, so Tsuki also gathers up an orb of water, compressing it so that it'll do more damage to the area it impacts. Never hurts to be too safe.

Two little notes about Tsuki's fighting style. First she specialises in melee combat, a flurry of quick kicks and punches, or a dance of many slashes and stabs, aimed to swiftly put down her opponent. If she gets at you with her occult nihonto then usually you'd be screwed, if not because of her sharp strokes then because of their occult powers. Of course Tsuki has a sneaking suspicion that her occult magic in her blades will not have great effect on anyone here.

Next is that Tsuki is a messy fighter. She uses water, and as we all know water by itself won't kill something if you just splash it on them. It's the density, abundance and momentum that the water possess when used in large quantities that allows it to inflict fatal inner wounds, bruising a person's insides with shock and shattering their bones. Well that's for a normal human, everyone here is decidedly not a normal human. Regardless the large flow of water is not nearly as dangerous as it makes itself out to be.

However three people all coming to the conclusion that they should be ganging up on one person is dangerous. With no friends so to speak Scott has been caught in a rough spot as the odd one out of the gang. Well there is always the parasite within him. Nonetheless in this desert land of sadistic entertainment and an old rite to gain a position of power there will always be unfairness in battle. The question is, can Scott overcome it?

Lastly the sandy winds snicker to Scott again, this time their airy tones make him feel slightly less confident about himself, but if that parasite is anything to be feared then Scott's confidence will merely be replaced by ire. Perhaps this is what the voice wants to happen, whoever or whatever they are is certainly something interestly perplexing, and they take an interest in Scott too.

"3 vs. 1, Scott. Do try not to meet your demise so quickly, you wrathful fool. I'm growing kinda fond of you, and a little of that maiden too. Hehe."

09-09-2013 08:28 PM
piskat Offline
Commando

As I peer down upon the combatants, it seems things are really heating up. The assortment of emotions brewing between the four will make for a peculiar yet intriguing battle of power and wit. So far it seems none need the treatment of the collar, yet I shall make the assumption that the pearly white knight shall need some...motivation come later in the battle..

But what's this? An unrecognized voice? A whisper in the breeze? One rambling on about 'fifth walls' and the 'other guy'? Strange, if this foreign entity is simply an observer then they shall be in for a treat - But if not, and it decides to interrupt, then I shall be most displeased...to say the least.

[Image: ieDhM3y.png]

By now, Technoa's senses had already begun to further erupt in a searing blaze of utter agony. And, with a loud and painful scream, a monstrous bolt erupted from Picard and Kirk heading straight towards Scott. Technoa could already feel his skin peel and stick to the sides of his helmet as the electricity coursed through his body and out through his nightsticks - It was now or never.

But something went wrong with Technoa's rather brash plan...Tsuki. Bursting out from behind Scott, with insurmountable speed, was her on a great jet of water, and Technoa knew this wouldn't end well if she made contact with the propelled bolt.

Hearing Knighteous' words from below calmed Technoa slightly though. He had never seen this aggressive side to the knight before and it was rather relieving yet terrifying to Technoa - He knew Knighteous would be a competent ally against Scott, yet when the time comes to face Knighteous it will be a whole other battle.

-------------------------------------------------

Scott was now completely encased in a thick, fleshy, shell - The parasite's alien membrane was incredibly durable compared to the seemingly pathetic human skin which made for quite the contrast when transforming in battle.

But what's this? Another costumed fool has yet again, emerged from behind a dune. This must be Knighteous then, Scott had heard about this glorified fool in the past but he had never come so close - There must be some truth to his rumours if he's here. When Scott was in his now deceased team, he had heard all about Knighteous' exploits around the city, yet he had never actually seen the armour clad hero. Now was the chance though, to finally see if there was any jelly in the metaphorical doughnut.

What the hell? With the rambunctious sound of water from behind, Scott span around to witness the rather ominous female jetting up from behind him. Damnit...he should have paid more attention to the breeze's warnings. Knowing Tsuki could cause problems for his battle against Technoa, he tore open his forearms as a flurry of bone-like javelins erupted from the fissures on both his limbs and tentacles. He knew this put him in a vulnerable position, and whatever Technoa was preparing would now hit him full on, but he had to take care of this newly created problem with great haste.

''Water? How quaint. Wench!''

If it came to melee combat, Scott was pretty sure he would be able to hold his own. Without many ranged attacks at his disposal, Scott pretty much always had to rely on close quarters combat - And with the extant strength provided by the parasite, his attacks were astonishingly nimble and powerful. Coupled with his ability to change his shape dramatically, he was a considerable opponent in such duels.

But now his reassured abilities would be put to the test against this sodden opponent.

Spoiler :
Note, sorry for the rather terrible looking electric bolt sprite. I've never been too fond - Or particularly good - of spriting visual effects for some reason.
09-12-2013 10:34 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

Spoiler: Cough Cough
Well I'm not vomiting as much as I was before. So that's good. Anyway, here's the turn Piskat. :smile: Let's try and get this back on track, shall we?
(09-12-2013 10:34 PM)Sir Piskat link Wrote:Note, sorry for the rather terrible looking electric bolt sprite. I've never been too fond - Or particularly good - of spriting visual effects for some reason.
You must be ignorant if you haven't noticed my cerulean scribble dribbles. My water effects aren't great either, no shame, we'll hopefully both improve with time!

L20, Agent, your turns are coming soon, don't worry.
"Aha. They noticed me. It's fun to peer.
Mmm? You want some foreshadowing? Sorry. What do you take me for? A seer?
I'm just sippin' on some wine, all things fine. Whoever shall come out divine?
The reward isn't great, but that's not to my distaste, so I won't define.
Like the rhyme? Hehe."

[Image: WyKoeRh.png]
While our audience of the breeze continues to ramble, down below "it seems things are really heating up." Knighteous is fixated with awe at Technoa's booming display of electrified power, the magnificently monstrous bolt of greens and yellows soaring out of his nightsticks and buzzing through the air, right over his own helmeted head. The accompaniment of a blurred buzz of power, heating of the air and a thunderous cackle.

The fence before them is no match for the enormous bolt, a wave of ionized air turning it into molten slag, the force of which blasts away the glowing lumps of metal. Soaring straight and true, linear towards Scott Wrenbury. It was a bad day to be him. Knighteous can just imagine the scum's shocking fate as the bolt collides with him. The thought however is dashed when he notices his wife amidst the fray.

"Nissy!"

His pet name for his spouse is uttered out with concerned emotion, electricity mixed well with no woman. His anxious worry is however swiftly replaced once more, as Scott makes efforts to take her down. As the fleshy bone javelins jut out and fly towards Tsuki, alongside an insult at his spouse, Knighteous' temper grows greater than it has in quite some time. Morphing his large shield into the classic knightly sword, he reaffirms his recent warrant on this peasant.

"Wench? How about I quench you!"

The jet of water frothing from Tsuki's hand, manages to hit its mark, focussing itself tighter. Scott is knocked off his feet moments after launching his salvo, and his soaking wet body is propelled right towards the bright bolt of lightning sent his way. Water and electricity, there's a sodden sparking combo for you. How does deep fried parasite sound?

Tsuki is about to compress the stream into a more lethal form of attack, but she spots the javelins heading towards her. Of course she'd been expecting this, but her counter wasn't exactly the best she'd ever come up with. Must be the heat. The desert wasn't exactly the best place for a water elemental like herself, but there are some perks to the sandy wastelands too.

She'd be sure to take advantage of them. Still the heat was quite torrid. Not a single one of them was appropriately dressed for this weather. Her husband and Techy were prancing about in their armoured suits. Granted the white probably mitigated the heat somewhat, and Techy's suit should have some form of thermoregulation in it. Still they must be a least a bit hot under the collar, and from the looks of Techy through her clairvoyant powers, he probably was. Steaming to be exact.

As for the man before her, he too wasn't fond of the arid climate. The discarding of his scarf and hat was proof enough of that, and the rest of his outfit isn't doing wonders either. She can talk too, her own attire was the biggest offender here. Armoured robes are only going to get so far before temperatures become unbearable to most. Tsuki could feel her blood begin to boil, but the heat wasn't actually doing too bad against cooled skin.

Never mind the heat though, there's a bunch of spears headed her way. Tsuki crushes the compressed orb of water in her other hand, which explodes in her face, acting as a shield to repel the ranged attack. A rather large globule of pure water violently expands, forcing Tsuki aback in the air, and altering the trajectories of the bone javelins. Had Scott not given Tsuki a reason to defend herself, he'd have likely been pinned to the desert floor, drowning under a tempest.

The hastily prepared idea wasn't without its hitches though. Tsuki feels a sharp pain upon her body, originating from her upper left arm. While she thought out the plan of attack well, the defensive wasn't so well prepared and she wasn't fast enough in acting on it. One projectile had lodged itself within her arm muscles, right by the humerus. The pain however was not so humorous.

It's no lie that Tsuki has had her fair share of wounds and dismemberments, throughout her anti-heroic career, but they still hurt no matter how trivial or grave. At times she kinda wished that she didn't feel any pain, the bone-like spear lodged within her arm reminding her. It was just a flesh wound though, trivial to her. Her body was already starting to heal the wound, though the stealthy regrowth of her tissues was hampered by the foreign object, sending more pain as regrew along it.

For such a brash plan, she can't complain. What was she thinking though? She could've sworn she heard something in the wind, compelling her to act faster. Well at least she doesn't have a bunch of fleshy bones through her cranium. Brain injuries weren't fatal, at least not immediately, so long as the neural wound wasn't aggravated excessively and there was enough mass to regenerate. She had to be quick about it saving her hide when it happened though.

It does however played havoc with her auto-healing abilities. Not to mention it sent her parasite out of control, and gave it a chance at control. Tsuki had only had displeasure of finding out what her almost lifeless body can do, in the hands of a maniac, twice before. Neither event was particularly pleasant, given that she was practically a vegetable for the duration of it. She hated how the thing fought, not the least of which was the fact that all she could do was watch her drunken senses drearily view herself slung across in an animalistic bloodlust.

That horror would not be happening anytime soon though, Tsuki always was careful to make sure she didn't end up dead. If not for being dead then for being possessed. Training herself up for a mild healing factor was one of many ways to tackle the grim issue. Conscious healing was more disciplined and effective, but not everyone has time for that. It might have been a good idea to teach Gabriel this too, though it's a bit late for regrets now.

Looking on at their auras, her dear and Techy both seem rather incensed; did this parasitic fellow bite off more than he can chew?

09-22-2013 09:56 PM