Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Sandbox) Battle for Nowhere
piskat Offline
Commando

Re: (Sandbox) Battle for Nowhere

Sorry guys, I actually finished the turn but I had to rush on out with the family and I totally forgot. I'll get it posted now: Declare again!
07-24-2013 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
piskat Offline
Commando

[Image: GrmIL9b.png]
''Goddamn it, this isn't going to end well is it?''

Out of pure fear Harold lands a swift kick on the Lizard's thigh before quickly retreating...

[Image: W9VwPMy.png]
...Into another portal.

''Piskat I'll have your goddamn head for this! You declare stalling shit!''

[Image: yBYzmG7.png]
Back to a time in which this place has long forgotten.

[Image: MrUSd6v.png]
Meanwhile on the other side, the portal lingers.
07-24-2013 06:05 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

And with that, I declare.
07-24-2013 06:08 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

[Image: dNJRjih.png]

The Valloran machine-gunner stares after the rift-travelling man in cautious curiosity, more concerned with how the fellow disappeared so rapidly rather than the fact that he just assaulted him. He steps forward for a closer look, oblivious to the carnage going on around him.
His squad, of course, are far from oblivious. The two riflemen glance up at the sound of the explosions and throw themselves to the floor at the sight of an AC unit hurtling towards them, with the nearby sapper electing simply to squeal and run away. Atop the truck, the officer and the launcher soldier both duck down to avoid any stray shrapnel. The sudden change in the launcher soldier's profile causes the red rangefinder aimed at his neck to shift to the neck of his superior. He notices this as he ducks, but his small reptilian brain is too pre-occupied with avoiding death to start trying to make sense of it.

Meanwhile, the fourth missile explodes.
07-24-2013 07:29 PM
Kittenpillar100 Offline
Pillar of Kittens

Declare

Quote:I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
07-24-2013 07:40 PM
Kittenpillar100 Offline
Pillar of Kittens

Spoiler :
Quote:With new and improved jet enhanced speed, the sleek-metal cylinder Mach Bots bolster through the sky at (mach) speeds making their way to any noticeable troop positions.
Guys, I don't think those cylinder things were missiles...
In fact, look to the far left. You can see one going splat into a building without exploding...
[Image: hNhzgyQ.png]

Pruk was a skaven, he heard the cylinder close in, and had leapt off the roof with frightening speed, and landing in a crouched position of a street-lamp. He concentrated, tapping into the magical energies of the area. He feltit build up around him, and transferred it throughthe warp crystal pylon into his copperfist, discharging as an arcing bolt of lightning, striking the unlucky lizardman in the back. Stray sparks from the pylon danced across his halberd, and a loud crackle was heard, presumably with the screams of the lizard following.

The two clanrats and the stormvermin moved due east, towards the sounds of combat. The two clanrats were slightly nervous and fearful of what was there, while the stormvermin's few brain cells though of just how it was going to kill the dwarf-things, or man-things that were there. "Come rats!" he boomed "Today enemiy-things of skaven die-die!".

The poor little clanrat who had been driven mad by the jump came to his senses, and looked at the ship, blinking. He sighed, and for those who haven't heard a skaven sigh, it sounds like a slightly diseased, drawn-out choking noise.

Hsorn trotted up the stairs, and after a brief moments thought, rammed his fighting claw into the control panel, causing both of the vault doors to open. He moved forward, and looked at the heavier door opening, wondering as to what was behind them, maybe his anatics with the control panel caused them to open? Behind him Podish came up the stairs, still grumbling to himself, and cursing Pruk.

"Buggrit, Buggrit, Buggrem" He muttered.

Quote:I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 10:12 PM by Kittenpillar100.)
07-24-2013 09:57 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

Declare
07-24-2013 09:58 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

[Image: YMHJ98R.png]

[youtube]qKggnBh2Mdw[/youtube]

A Loyalist APC rolls across the deserted plains, in search of the very city everyone seems to be fighting over. The endless army of cannon fodder had no plans of taking the city; no. Their eyes were locked on another prize, in the very heart of the city proper. They were going to do everything they could to get it, too; even if it means driving straight through every enemy soldier in their path.

The inside of the APC buzzes like some kind of beehive; soldiers grabbing and readying their weapons, last-minute ammo checks, and loud shouts of orders fill the metal shell. One of them takes a brief respite from the sheer chaos below and takes time to enjoy the view. The fitting sounds of an old classic pour from the now-opened hatch. If ever there was a song for driving straight to your own death, then this was it.

One minute until they reach their drop zone, and then the REAL fun will begin.
07-24-2013 10:20 PM
Toothpick Offline
Private

Omega those were not missles... I clearly tried to make them NOT sound like missles.
07-24-2013 11:11 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

I'm sorry. Omega made them missiles and I just kind of followed his lead because I didn't know better. :frown:
07-24-2013 11:12 PM
Toothpick Offline
Private

I called them MACH BOTS too! :v:
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 05:37 AM by Toothpick.)
07-24-2013 11:13 PM
Toothpick Offline
Private

Okay I know we were talking about who should sprite the death but things that have no sudden effect when they would land should not be sprited by anyone else, it could ruin the theme/look of everything. Omega, you really have to pay attention from now on, I can't go back and fix these things now.

Only sprite the things that DIRECTLY affect your units, or unless the other person says it's okay.
07-24-2013 11:15 PM
Toothpick Offline
Private

Oh well, anyway Declare.  :gonk:
07-25-2013 12:19 AM
Kittenpillar100 Offline
Pillar of Kittens

You still have one mach bot to the east.

07-25-2013 01:03 AM
Toothpick Offline
Private

[Image: m9AELdX.png]

As the vault door slides open slowly, the sergeant is able to make out the moving xenos quickly, and runs into the vault with his weapon ready. He notices that the two visible contacts are holding medieval weaponry and simply thinks of them as a caution, not a major hazard. He raises his fist as his soldiers simultaneously flick on their flashlights and aim their weapons, creating a giant spotlight behind the sergeant, effectively blocking the rats view of them. With his hand raised he shouts out "Halt where you are, IMMEDIATELY!"

The remaining cylinder that was lodged in the ground, unexploded, pops open and reveals two small razor looking drones named Mach Bots. The two scurry down the rooftop and make their way to the edge of the building to jump onto the ship.

Meanwhile in the air, the laser hits the Raptor smack in the middle of it's engine block, slicing through the weapon systems too, making it fire off randomly. With clear danger ensuing, the other pilot enters a hover and keeps steady for the two bots to make their way on.
07-25-2013 01:10 AM
TheOmegaPyro Offline
Also known as Firebug

they were.... oh shit.

They were pointing metal things! going at high speed! fuck.

[Image: steam.php?id=600606&amp;amp;pngimg=n...;tborder=0]

Quote:Government Hooker: hmmmmm
Government Hooker: I might make a move tonight
Government Hooker: be a great chance for me to warm up
Government Hooker: I'm a bit rusty see :v
Firebug: RUSTY
Firebug: HOW DARE YOU HACK HIM
Government Hooker: shhhhhhhhhhhh

You can teach a robot how to dance...
But you can't teach a pair of shorts how to pants.
07-25-2013 08:13 AM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

Unless Piskat wants to do something with the time rift (or unless this has already died thanks to the civ match), I'll be declaring some time tonight.
07-26-2013 05:31 PM