Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Sandbox!] I can't think of a name.
TheOmegaPyro Offline
Also known as Firebug

Re: [Sandbox!] I can't think of a name.

but what if the weapon explodes into a blue explosion, or it splits into multiple rockets before impact, or it's an incendiary weapon. Maybe people should describe what the effects of a weapon should be.

[Image: steam.php?id=600606&pngimg=n...;tborder=0]

Quote:Government Hooker: hmmmmm
Government Hooker: I might make a move tonight
Government Hooker: be a great chance for me to warm up
Government Hooker: I'm a bit rusty see :v
Firebug: RUSTY
Firebug: HOW DARE YOU HACK HIM
Government Hooker: shhhhhhhhhhhh

You can teach a robot how to dance...
But you can't teach a pair of shorts how to pants.
07-20-2013 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

If nobody says anything about any special effects, you can't be faulted for assuming that it's just a regular old explodey missile.
07-20-2013 09:30 AM
Gamma Plasma Offline
Particle oscillating pioneer

The way I see it the person who sprites the impact of a projectile should be the victim. If said victim is worried that may accidently sprite the effect incorrectly then they should PM their assailant or go looking for previous matches where the projectile has been used.

Of course not everyone here wishes to do that so the assailant should also make it clear, when they first fire any projectile, whether or not they have any special effects. I certainly do, although I typically pull out a few surprises and what not with my stuff, and consequently my walls of text normally mention or hint at a unique effect. Occasionally if I feel my message may go unheard or need more clarification then I'll said the other guy a PM. I've done it in both normal matches and sandboxes, so I don't see why you can't either.

I'm not asking for a wall of text, just some more descriptive vocabulary. I've never had a problem with people getting my stuff mixed up, which you might expect considering what I occasionally pull out.
Granted I'm the guy who writes too much, made a turn post with 2000 words in it, two of them actually, and probably puts too much effort into matches when I'm actually bothered to post a turn.

So essentially, if you're worried about stuff being done wrong, be more descriptive, and do some out of context talk if you're really concerned, you lazy people. :v:
and if everyone ignores, just wing it. Surprise explosion coloured nanocloud, motherfuckers!

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
07-20-2013 11:38 AM
TheOmegaPyro Offline
Also known as Firebug

Maybe i should edit the post to have my fighter explode...
:effort:
or maybe i could just continue doing other shit...
hmmm... :suicide:

[Image: steam.php?id=600606&amp;amp;pngimg=n...;tborder=0]

07-20-2013 02:32 PM
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

Maybe we all should consider re-starting of the sandbox.

Spoiler: BOSS signature
[Image: 5f27907d43a0.gif]
07-20-2013 02:35 PM
TheOmegaPyro Offline
Also known as Firebug

maybe have the sandbox on a bigger map. with people more likely to stay.

[Image: steam.php?id=600606&amp;amp;pngimg=n...;tborder=0]

07-20-2013 02:37 PM
Rusty Shackleford Offline
Paranoid Pixel Artist

I'm still waiting for that sandbox where we use that map where we all collaborated on the left and right sides.

Spoiler :
[Image: tumblr_inline_mp4039E9Uw1qz4rgp.gif]
07-20-2013 06:01 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

Give me, like, a day or so to get my new army into working condition and we can go.
07-20-2013 06:07 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

(07-20-2013 06:01 PM)Rusty Shackleford link Wrote:  I'm still waiting for that sandbox where we use that map where we all collaborated on the left and right sides.
You're on their team, we're all waiting for you guys to finish the damn thing.
How far are you anyway, progress wise?

Anyway Stefman's right, we should consider restarting the sandbox. Six pages? With most of them being text posts. That's pretty sub par for an active sandbox. With the zombie Rp dying (I'll probably end up with the last post) and nothing else really coming up we may as well restart on this tradition and futile cycle of sandbox rebirth.

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
07-20-2013 06:26 PM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

(07-20-2013 06:26 PM)Gamma Plasma link Wrote:  How far are you anyway, progress wise?

nothing else really coming up

Heh, progress.

Well there's the superhero rp.
07-20-2013 06:59 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

Well it certainly isn't going to start tomorrow. I'm hedging towards Tues/Wed, probably, it's up to Omega though. There's still a fair bit of map work to be done.
Of course when it does start that'd mean this sandbox will die even faster. *Shrugs*

07-20-2013 07:03 PM
Toothpick Offline
Private

I think we should have one sandbox on a different map, and the superhero RP and that's all (since the zombie RP is done, pretty much :frown:) with regular 1v1 matches etc..,

That's simply my opinion though, with all of these different games it's really easy for them to die and people will lose track, with two games we would have good focus on them and activity.
07-20-2013 10:19 PM
Major Offline
A Talented Fool

Yeah this sandbox was a bit of a stillbirth, always keen for another one though.

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
07-20-2013 11:23 PM
haribo841 Offline
Dead inside.

Hey you! Did you start game, now go to the end. :argh:
Do not know much about explosions and similar matters.
Prefer fantasy / medieval times, from tanks and guns,
That's why I zedytoweć only targets that concern me. I shoot, or someone to me. I know it's almost a month, but many of you (including me) wants to bring this game to the end.

[Image: 3sz5.png]

Well, There is an army of World War 2. A large tank, one small and armored car. One soldier has mp40 and another sitting in the car. On the first floor is the commander of the gun and the other at the bottom of the tank.
IN THIS building were dresses like a "mafia", so I gave here two men with guns: thompson.

[Image: 76561198093595981.png][Image: AddFriend.png]
08-19-2013 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, please do not post in topics that are not only a month dead but within which all of the participants have expressed no desire to continue.
It's a bit pointless don't you think?
08-19-2013 12:43 PM
haribo841 Offline
Dead inside.

Okay, I calmed down.
I'm sorry that no one understands me but I do not know English well.
In this case, what I meant was that the games are dying.
I do not like it.
We have about half a thousand users.
In the about a hundred are active.
All games take up eleven pages, but these games are dead.
A lot of people are doing so that will do the two sides and the end.
I think that it should not be.
I wish these games were finished!
But we have maps, armies, players and desire.
Why does everything always goes bad?

I tried to write it clearly!

08-19-2013 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Battul Offline
Particle Oscillation Major-General

I feel that he is using a Google Translate... :v:
Find a dictionary. Maybe it's slower but others will be at least able to understand you (with translator it's possible but quite hard).
---
Znajdź sobie słownik a nie translator.  :v:

A New Oscillation
1999-????
08-19-2013 01:36 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

I could still understand him, it just takes a bit of decoding.
08-19-2013 01:39 PM
Battul Offline

Ninja edit i see.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
08-19-2013 01:44 PM
haribo841 Offline
Dead inside.

I modified an earlier message!

08-19-2013 01:45 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Can we stop bumping the thread and leave it in a state of necrosis, please?

Michael Rosen YTPs are still funny.
08-19-2013 01:50 PM
Battul Offline

Yeah, i had the same thoughts. It looks like most games are going down very fast because people have other things to do. I was actually thinking about real "Long term Pixel Wars" that would be something like Civ, with nations and stuff. Nations would be not tied to players so they could just walk away and give command to other person, hell, we could have even more than one person per nation. Multiple matches and stuff.

The only problem is style. Of course we could have standarized sheets but that would cut away half of fun (making your own army) and giving everyone free hand would result in armies that have different people and hundreds of differend vehicles.

The good choice is proably between, like giving a style that people should stick to or something.

Either way, we are having serious offtopic and necromancy here.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
08-19-2013 01:52 PM
Gamma Plasma Offline

First off sorry for the continuing of the bumping/off topic. I guess this is what happens when someone necros a thread and accidentally provides something to discuss. Maybe we should talk more about this in the game finder thread?
---------------------------------
Adam, don't worry about bad English too much, but do try to translate better. It'll be good for everyone, you will learn more, we will understand better. Win/win. :smile: Using online translators often make you look more stupid than you really are.

You asked why there are no/little finished matches? People have schools, jobs, hobbies. People have lives to fulfill. Map, armies, players, "desires", there is usually the will to start, but not often the will to complete. People get bored, people grow tired of playing one thing and so they go on to play the next.

Obligations and boredom, that is the reason why matches die. Also I think it is less than 50 that are active. :3:
----------------------------------
I've had an idea in the works for a while about doing a match which I don't think has been done before. At its core it is a farm, where I'll be establishing some more lore on DEM Corp, my most developed army. (I have a 13k words detailed fluff word doc, for God's sake. :v:) However it's open to anyone to join, probably just one or two people at a time so it's not overcrowded.

If you take too long to post then I'll manually take control of your army and have them fight till the death against my own. We'll have discussed who to make run like cowards, and who to mercilessly pummel into the dirt beforehand. I'll then continue on my own for a few turns, before adding someone else. I've already got set goals to reach in the story, it's just a matter of finding the right time to post the match.

08-19-2013 02:08 PM
Battul Offline

13k (will you ever relase it?) words detailed fluff doc... Sapples is going to leave us soon.

Well, finished matches do not even take a whole page and we have about 11 pages of unfinished ones.
About grammars... well, mine is proably horribly shitty (those grammars are very complicated) but i never use any translators, it makes me used to language (heck, i even sometimes forget words in my language while i remember british counterparts) and stuff.

But back to your army... you actually want to have undestructible bunch of guys sitting in a middle of map while two other armies try to kill you. Two armies that you then crush to get even more enemies to fight with. I wonder how your guys will survive heavy bombardment and some artilerry barrages, i mean if your guys are not horribly overpowered you will need lots of them.

Well, whatever, if anyone wants to continue we should really get to other thread because admins might get a bit angry when they will see ten pages long offnecrotopic.

A New Oscillation
1999-????
08-19-2013 02:28 PM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

(08-19-2013 01:52 PM)Battul link Wrote:  Yeah, i had the same thoughts. It looks like most games are going down very fast because people have other things to do. I was actually thinking about real "Long term Pixel Wars" that would be something like Civ, with nations and stuff. Nations would be not tied to players so they could just walk away and give command to other person, hell, we could have even more than one person per nation. Multiple matches and stuff.

The only problem is style. Of course we could have standarized sheets but that would cut away half of fun (making your own army) and giving everyone free hand would result in armies that have different people and hundreds of differend vehicles.

The good choice is proably between, like giving a style that people should stick to or something.

Either way, we are having serious offtopic and necromancy here.

Instead of one army just make a common theme, like a colour, so anyone who takes control doesn't have to make a new army if they don't want to.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
08-19-2013 07:29 PM