Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[PWRP] Night of the Living Pixel – Zombies II
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

[PWRP] Night of the Living Pixel – Zombies II

Night of the Living Pixel – Zombies II

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second instalment of my zombies series. The first one can be found here. This RP is a collaboration between myself and Coconutsales, and we hope you enjoy it. Unlike the first zombies, this RP will have more of a structure and story to it, but you’re still free to do what you want (within reason of course).

The boring bits – Rules and Guidelines
I know it’s a lot, but try to read them all.

General PW rules:
*There is no set player count, but once me or coconut think it’s full, we’ll stop accepting people.
*To enter, you must have some sort of experience in PW.
*Do not do anything that will affect the quality of the image, like saving as .jpg or using IE.
*No godmodding, you are not an all knowing invincible being. Be realistic.
*Your six shooter magnum can not fire 100 bullets like a machine gun, this isn’t Hollywood. Keep in mind ammo and reloading. Be realistic.
*Please try to limit stack declares to 2 people at max.

More specific to this RP:
*This RP is set in 1950’s America, please act like it.
*You don’t start with any weapons, but there are plenty scattered about. If you feel this is unfair (maybe you’re roleplaying as a cop or soldier) then PM me.
*You may start anywhere on the map, the town has lots of guns but lots of the zombies, the suburb has less zombies, but hardly any guns.
*You don’t just have to use guns, if you want to use improvised melee weapons, be my guest.
*Me and Coconut are the zombie masters. Sometimes we may seemingly spawn zombies out of thin air, but this is just to keep the RP moving and I hope you don’t see this as unfair. Most of the zombies will come once everybody has declared at least once.
*You can utilise the cars I’ve placed on the map if you so wish. But once again, this isn’t Hollywood so their effectiveness is limited.
*If you are killed, depending on the context I may let you come back as a special infected L4D style.

With that out of the way, how do you join?

Well you need to use the provided template to create a character, then post it here with a short bio and wait for me or coconut to accept you. On your first declare put your HUD at the bottom of the map so we can keep track of you.

[Image: b8Ec7u.png]

You may also find this template of gun poses useful. They’re a bit rushed so you may wish to do some edits to it yourself.

[Image: c6uc29.png]

And a clean version of the map:
Spoiler :
[Image: h8XqYF.png]

So without further ado, off we go!

[Image: MhTeAu.png]

Peter wakes up in a cold sweat. He was sure he'd heard screaming, could it be them? No, of course not; he's miles from them now, they can't find him.
06-30-2013 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Re: [PWRP] Night of the Living Pixel – Zombies II

Oh I am so in. BRB Lol

Michael Rosen YTPs are still funny.
06-30-2013 09:38 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Woop woop!
06-30-2013 09:39 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

[Image: bFsjR8.png]

Dmitri Petrov is most definitely not a Russian Spy sent over the big pond to find out about the local 'Virus' that have been sending the locals 'Rabid'. He is a very gentle and calm person who is not trained to silently kill you and make sure no-one ever finds out. And most of all, he is certainly not a member of the KGB.

He did not serve as a Private in the Second World War where he was shot in the kneecaps and left for dead where he was not captured by a German Patrol and sent to a POW camp, and he couldn't find his way out using a mask, 2 sacks of potatoes and a spoon, he died there and then. Didn't make it.

((Also, The first item in my inventory is Garotte wire, I dno if it's allowed or not but I don't plan on using it. It's just there for show))

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 10:04 PM by Trifon.)
06-30-2013 09:58 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Accepted! And you make keep your wire since it's not a gun, just a melee weapon.
06-30-2013 10:06 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

(06-30-2013 10:06 PM)SpartanApples link Wrote:  Accepted! And you make keep your wire since it's not a gun, just a melee weapon.

Sweet!... So, um. It's been a while, do I just put my person in now or do I have to wait for everyone else to fill up the slots?

06-30-2013 10:07 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

No, you can declare now that you've been accepted.
06-30-2013 10:08 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Alright then. I for one, Declare

06-30-2013 10:09 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

[Image: 9jtbMVz.png]

Elijah Morris is a 24-year-old college drop-out with very little going for him in life, save his keen eyesight and friendly (if underconfident) demeanour. He worked as a photographer for the Daily Gazette, earning him a first-hand look at some of the city's localised outbreaks before the newspaper was shut down by a marauding horde of the undead. He retained his portable camera, though at this point it's low on film and is fairly useless as a weapon. Elijah is a coward at heart and would rather not take a stand against the living dead despite any weapons at hand, but his experience in picking out the right moment for a photograph honed his eyesight and reflexes, making him a keen observer able to act rapidly on what he sees. He also has a pen, though he lost the notepad that went with it.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 11:55 PM by CubeJackal.)
06-30-2013 10:14 PM
Rusty Shackleford Offline
Paranoid Pixel Artist

I think I might join this too.

Spoiler :
[Image: tumblr_inline_mp4039E9Uw1qz4rgp.gif]
06-30-2013 10:27 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

[Image: 5wb1Yj.png]

Dmitri Petrov, (Not a) Russian Spy, stands atop the Empire Arms Hotel. Staring lifeless outwards, towards the equally lifeless city that had once housed thousands of lives. He took another drag of his final cigarette, enjoying the richness of the aroma it presented. Some part of him felt sad that so many lives were lost in such a short space of time. He had seen so much during the last 2 days since the invasion. Men mercy-killing their own sons and daughters, grandmothers and grandfathers begging as they were shot out of fear. But the thoughts made him sneer at his own mind. He felt sorry for his own enemies, felt remorse. He was a Russian. A member of the great and almighty United States of Soviet Russia. He grinned to himself sadly

"Proklyatyye imperialisty" He said to himself, nonchalantly.

06-30-2013 10:31 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

Making a character!
06-30-2013 10:48 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

I suppose I could take a swing at this.
06-30-2013 10:49 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

Character's complete, check my earlier post.
06-30-2013 11:00 PM
Tyrannosaurus_Tux Offline
Resident Dinosaur

Here goes.

So you'd like to hear the story of Cherwood, eh?
[Image: 1052wjo.jpg]

First thing you need to know is that is not his real name, see.

Yeah. He joined up the mafia in a time when the mafia were little more than scum, rather than the booming gangsters that we were. Yeah, we still did our business together, but it wasn't the same after the prohibition ended. Overseas business opened up, and most of the boys still itching for action had already left, but not him. He was still looking for local business, and local business he got.

He had earned his reputation and a nickname.

The bright boys in blue'd call him "Skinner". Best weapon he ever wielded had an edge. I mean sure, he can shoot straight, but he'd prefer knives and other sharp things. I heard he even killed a guy with a scottish claymore. Giant sword. I didn't expect that quiet, polite man to be such a ruthless man of the mafia.

Anyway, after his time in the gang, he upped and left. Weren't up to us to stop him, and nobody dared to try. He left with all his earnings in his pockets along with his favorite knife. Ain't seen 'im since. Too bad he left, he was a good man. Could've used him when the dead rose, even if he's not great for conversations.

Sometimes I do other things but mostly lurk.
[Image: c6M64dg.png]
06-30-2013 11:01 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

(06-30-2013 10:14 PM)CubeJackal link Wrote:  [Image: h5I8uY7.png]

Elijah Morris is a 24-year-old college dropout with little going for him in life. He worked as a part-time mall security guard before the outbreak hit, hence his uniform and the short-range handheld radio clipped to his belt (now mostly useless, as any other carriers of such radios are dead or undead). He's an unassertive coward who would prefer not to engage the living dead even if he was equipped to do so, but he is a skilled driver and knows a thing or two about automobile repair. He also has a pen on his person, for no reason other than he left it in his pocket before leaving for work one day and hasn't removed it since.

Accepted.

(06-30-2013 11:01 PM)Pyrosaurus Rex link Wrote:  Here goes.

So you'd like to hear the story of Cherwood, eh?
[Image: 1052wjo.jpg]

First thing you need to know is that is not his real name, see.

Yeah. He joined up the mafia in a time when the mafia were little more than scum, rather than the booming gangsters that we were. Yeah, we still did our business together, but it wasn't the same after the prohibition ended. Overseas business opened up, and most of the boys still itching for action had already left, but not him. He was still looking for local business, and local business he got.

He had earned his reputation and a nickname.

The bright boys in blue'd call him "Skinner". Best weapon he ever wielded had an edge. I mean sure, he can shoot straight, but he'd prefer knives and other sharp things. I heard he even killed a guy with a scottish claymore. Giant sword.

Anyway, after his time in the gang, he upped and left. Weren't up to us to stop him, and nobody dared to try. He left with all his earnings in his pockets along with his favorite knife.. Ain't seen 'im since. Too bad he left, he was a good man. Could've used him when the dead rose.

And accepted.
06-30-2013 11:07 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

(06-30-2013 11:07 PM)SpartanApples link Wrote:  Accepted.
Thinking about it, I don't think they had malls in the 1950s... or mall security guards, for that matter. Or civilian handheld radios. Lemme re-work this guy.
06-30-2013 11:12 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

Well, here we go.

[Image: DdzLN6V.png]

To his friends, Eisenman was just about the most average man you could have met. Commited to his job and his wife in the city, he was the very definition of a 'Company Man'. Of course, when one of his 'Friends' showed up to work with blood running from his mouth and mauled the supervisor, that all changed. After THAT incident, he decided it was high time he handed in his resignation letter and moved out of the city into those vast open plains that he always thought he'd retire to. Of course, he still needs to get through the city...

Armed with only his briefcase and a good amount of years in the cutthroat world that is the Business industry, he's going to get the hell out of this city if it's the last thing he does. (It probably will be, too.)
06-30-2013 11:14 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

(06-30-2013 11:12 PM)CubeJackal link Wrote:  Thinking about it, I don't think they had malls in the 1950s... or mall security guards, for that matter. Or civilian handheld radios. Lemme re-work this guy.

Yeah, they did have malls and security guards. Think about Fallout 3, which was set in a future era based on the 1950s and 60s. Paradise Falls was a mall. Same thing with the Flintstones, plenty of malls then. But malls were pretty open and outside rather than inside. Dno about handheld radios, though.

06-30-2013 11:16 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

(06-30-2013 11:12 PM)CubeJackal link Wrote:  Thinking about it, I don't think they had malls in the 1950s... or mall security guards, for that matter. Or civilian handheld radios. Lemme re-work this guy.

I actually had to google it to check it fit the theme. They had military walkie talkies but they were pretty big. Malls came around in the 1920s but weren't really popular until the the 70s. I was gonna say anything, but right now you have the only guy who isn't wearing a trenchcoat and hat so I wanted you in :v:
06-30-2013 11:16 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

(06-30-2013 11:14 PM)TheL20 link Wrote:  Well, here we go.

[Image: DdzLN6V.png]

To his friends, Eisenman was just about the most average man you could have met. Commited to his job and his wife in the city, he was the very definition of a 'Company Man'. Of course, when one of his 'Friends' showed up to work with blood running from his mouth and mauled the supervisor, that all changed. After THAT incident, he decided it was high time he handed in his resignation letter and moved out of the city into those vast open plains that he always thought he'd retire to. Of course, he still needs to get through the city...

Armed with only his briefcase and a good amount of years in the cutthroat world that is the Business industry, he's going to get the hell out of this city if it's the last thing he does. (It probably will be, too.)

You're in.
06-30-2013 11:18 PM
CubeJackal Offline
I AM THE BEST LAWYER

(06-30-2013 11:16 PM)SpartanApples link Wrote:  I actually had to google it to check it fit the theme. They had military walkie talkies but they were pretty big. Malls came around in the 1920s but weren't really popular until the the 70s. I was gonna say anything, but right now you have the only guy who isn't wearing a trenchcoat and hat so I wanted you in :v:
Hah, fair enough. Still, I think I'm onto a new idea as far as 'thematically appropriate' is concerned.
06-30-2013 11:20 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

(06-30-2013 11:16 PM)SpartanApples link Wrote:  I was gonna say anything, but right now you have the only guy who isn't wearing a trenchcoat and hat so I wanted you in :v:

Woah woah woah. My character is wearing Suede. He is obviously in with the style, yo.

Also Spartan, I notice that your Character doesn't have a Bio. Is there a reason for this cus I'm guessing people really wouldn't know how to interact with your char if there is not enough adequate info.

06-30-2013 11:24 PM
Tyrannosaurus_Tux Offline
Resident Dinosaur

Spoiler: Fore-word
LET'S GO

[Image: 0DV4HMC.png]

Cherwood sat in silence, the occasional noise reaching his ears, be it white noise from the television or a scream from the dead city. He was too deep in reflection to notice these noise as anything other than the ordinary, as he self inwardly thinks...

He remembers dreaming about the mafia in his youth, when the prohibition was still roaring and guns were still blazing in Chicago. He dreamed of outsmarting the boys in blue and would playfight with toy guns, not that this wasn't unusual, but he became determined to join the mafia.

A second world war later, and he finally achieved his dream of becoming a Mafioso. He had learned a proficiency with bladed weapons during the war, and he had put it to great use. He eventually earned a reputation, which inwardly made his spirits soar. He was always a simple, quiet man, with a polite disposition. But as time rolled on, he realized that his dream was in fact, shallow, and he had left Chicago with almost nothing, save his money, his favorite knife, and the clothes on his back.

Which brings us to here, where his self reflection was causing him to miss out on recent events, such as the dead rising. His isolation would not last much longer, though, and he would have to venture outside his hotel room again.

Sometimes I do other things but mostly lurk.
[Image: c6M64dg.png]
06-30-2013 11:26 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

(06-30-2013 11:24 PM)Trifon link Wrote:  Woah woah woah. My character is wearing Suede. He is obviously in with the style, yo.

Also Spartan, I notice that your Character doesn't have a Bio. Is there a reason for this cus I'm guessing people really wouldn't know how to interact with your char if there is not enough adequate info.
06-30-2013 11:37 PM