Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slice vs Mr F Hothalike (not really, its got snow at least)
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

Slice vs Mr F Hothalike (not really, its got snow at least)

[Image: 7Oac6tq.png]

(Figured I might get some mileage out of my map)

You can start Slice.
06-29-2013 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Reconunit Offline
(under)Pants on head retarded

Re: Slice vs Mr F Hothalike (not really, its got snow at least)

[Image: gq6pz08.png]
In the cold stillness of the valley, only broken by strange and distant alien howls and freezing cold breezes biting at the heavy wood of an old misplaced boat, a man in a heavy brown cloak scans the wreckage with his eyes, his face hidden underneath a white metal helmet. Several more men and women in similar clothing trudge past him, making muffled crunching noises as their feet connect the old snow and ice underneath them. He sighs and begins speaking into his radio.
"This is a old wreckage, I wonder what it is doing here.. Hm, anyway, according to the maps there should be a exit from this valley beyond this wreck. Let's move quickly, we best not delay."

The group responds with silent nods and mummers and continue moving forward, unnerved by the isolated atmosphere.
06-30-2013 10:38 AM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

[Image: UENzBXw.png]

Angus Maxwell and Barnabus are nearing the end of their long journey back from the HMS Erebus which is miles away. With them is the considerably less tired Sampson riding along in the steam powered HTT (Harsh Terrain Traversal) suit.

"Guys would you kindly wait up, this gun is fuckin' heavy as all shit!"

"Were almost there Angus just gotta get through these last ice caves then we'll be back aboard." Shouts Maxwell back towards his lagging companion.

"I dunno, I'm with Angy on this'n I'm tired as well." Barnabus mumbles this under his breath as to not offend anyone.

The one thing they could agree on was their desire to be back on-board in the warmth and with their friends.
06-30-2013 05:43 PM
Reconunit Offline

[Image: N7cwsrN.png]
After the months of trekking through this frozen and desolated landscape it was as if the silence surrounding them had infected them, they barely spoke any more and when they did then only to give an order or to find ways through the mountains, glaciers and other obstacles that they have passed through. And so they continue onwards in silence.

Names aren't terribly important to people such as these, people who often spend their lives flying across the stars in solitary patchwork spaceships looking for work, treasures and most of all, new places to walk. It's a bizzare existence for most, to just travel with the sole purpose of travelling more, only stopping to eat and sleep. The nomads of the space age you could call them, well most of them, one of them isn't even a sentient being.
That one is a very old sentry bot from the scrap yards of the Jaan Orn with a mismatched kevlar vest hanged over it's blocky torso and a two use rocket pod from some cast away munitions dump crudely welded onto it's shoulder. But it walks along with it's new owners anyway as silent as they are.
06-30-2013 07:12 PM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

[Image: fM7CFbW.png]

Sampson begins the regular climb up the ice wall noticing how quickly the holes from his picks filled in with ice from his journey up it.

Angus, Maxwell, and Barnabus all carry along on their journey in silence, except for Angus muttering under his breath, still trying to catch up.
07-01-2013 01:58 AM
Reconunit Offline

[Image: ucnest6.png]
The person at the front slips and almost falls down the snow and ice coated stairs, another member of the group halts mid-step and pricks up her ears thinking she heard something echoing up ahead and begins wondering if it came from the wreck and if it's unstable.
07-01-2013 03:54 PM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

[Image: KCEse7M.png]

Sampson reaches the crest of that ice mound. He notices in his fogged up window to the world a group of men moving, one of them had slightly jerky movements compared to the others though. He didn't recall the captain sending out another expedition, but who knows, things are unpredictable after being on the ice for years. It could also be the watch, though it seemed to be quite a few men for just watch.

Maxwell, Angus, and Barnabus, continue their approach to the ship.
07-02-2013 01:42 AM
Reconunit Offline

[Image: EHELCV5.png]
The dull stillness is broken when some sort of mechanical giant walks onto the wrecked ship, the group freezes in their tracks. Someone calls out "Contact!" on the radio and everyone suddenly scrambles, two climbing the mast poles others either calmly walking forward, standing still or getting to cover. The leading nomad, after swiftly climbing up on the pole aims her sidearm and yells out.
"Who goes there?"
The voice is amplified by the automaton who's recklessly marching towards it's doom, it's life worth considerably less than the nomads.
07-03-2013 06:38 PM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

(Slice, I'm going to be gone for a week at a summer camp. I'm planning on getting right back to it when I get back though.)

[Image: RiFSlyh.png]

Sampson is confused... Shouldn't the watch know who he is? He responds with:

"Its me Sampson, who else would it be?"

He then starts to wipe his windscreen and notices the people seem different then what they would normally look like...

Angus Maxwell and Barnabus continue to the ship.
07-07-2013 12:39 AM
Reconunit Offline

[Image: 51iixU1.png]
After a moment of confusion she sighs and fires her pistol, the bullet harmlessly ricocheting off the shoulder pad. The rest of the group proceeds to follow the example and begins unloading their rifles at the towering giant, no great amount of accuracy is required as it's pretty hard to miss, even at this distance.
The nomad with the rocker launcher shoulders his weapon to find that the targeting system has gone to shit and stopped working, no wonder since it was picked up from a  abandoned 200 year old weapons depot filled with rusted old weapons. He takes aim anyway and hopes that the rocket won't blow up in his face when he pulls the trigger.
07-13-2013 06:27 PM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

Slice you used the wrong picture.
07-13-2013 07:39 PM
Reconunit Offline

(07-13-2013 07:39 PM)Mr.Fahrenheit link Wrote:  Slice you used the wrong picture.
Fixed.
07-13-2013 09:20 PM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

[Image: VQlb1KR.png]

When Samuel hears the shots fire its too late, two have already hit his mech. One of them cracked the glass of one of the ports the other bounced off harmlessly.

As Maxwell, Angus, and Barnabus walk to the ship they also hear the shots. Not knowing what is happening they assume there is a riot or a bear is on the ship. They start running up to see what is happening. Maxwell slips on the ice as he is climbing and drops his lamp. Angus and Barnabus forget their tiredness and run towards the ship as well, watching their step though.
07-18-2013 08:51 PM
Reconunit Offline

Hey, I'm going to be a bit busy for a few days so sorry if my turns take a while.
07-25-2013 10:52 AM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

No problem It'll probably be the same for me.
07-25-2013 03:36 PM