Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Agent's Art Revival
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

Agent's Art Revival

Hmm, the name is pretty catchy. Anyway, since my old art thread is full of crap, I want to start fresh (sort of).

[Image: ygDt9M.png]
My envisionment of an IPS Elite.

[Image: xEN0kt.png]
Possible new IPS unit, the scout.

[Image: ea6PMx.png]
Something I just started drawing... I actually finished this, but it's in my book somewhere.

More coming soon...
04-28-2013 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rusty Shackleford Offline
Paranoid Pixel Artist

Re: Agent's Art Revival

(04-28-2013 11:47 PM)Agent link Wrote:  Possible new IPS unit, the scout.

[Image: 350px-Meetthescout2.PNG]

BONK

Spoiler :
[Image: tumblr_inline_mp4039E9Uw1qz4rgp.gif]
04-29-2013 06:14 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

Haha! Well, the only different between an IPS Scout and a TF2 Scout is that mine puch harder.
04-29-2013 06:49 PM
Reconunit Offline
(under)Pants on head retarded

If you feel like being all super ~serious~ and improving your stuff so you can draw super realistic looking space people: Study some anatomy.
04-30-2013 04:45 AM
InfiniteCastor Offline
Underdog Extraordinaire

Just two things stand out to me; firstly, the right hand of the elite is does not show any difference between grip fingers and the trigger finger, and secondly, the rail of the elite's gun is far too high up from the body. See?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&biw=13...=230&ty=80

The back of the rail is supposed to come from the bottom of the magazine holder to the top of the body.

There are a couple of other subtle things, like how the elite should have more muscle on his legs if he's going to be a special operative. They look like they could be smashed with a toy hammer. His magazine has too much detail; no real clip has dozens of lines on it, it's better to do a combination between horizontal lines and curved lines down the vertical. He also needs some more thorough armour, like knee plates, shoulder plates, something for his thighs, and obviously some chest armour; one of the most important bits. One more thing; put some detail on the rifle. As you can tell by the example above, no gun is completely blank like that. Throw on some seams, some connectors, a case ejector (unless it fires caseless, of course) or a body-mounted laser sight, if you're so inclined.

If your plan of attack is going to plan, you're walking into an ambush.
04-30-2013 10:40 AM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

(04-30-2013 04:45 AM)Slice link Wrote:  If you feel like being all super ~serious~ and improving your stuff so you can draw super realistic looking space people: Study some anatomy.
Alright, those two were more of a practice, but I'll print some people and stuff to reference off of. So I can draw at school too :monw:

(04-30-2013 10:40 AM)InfiniteCastor link Wrote:  Just two things stand out to me; firstly, the right hand of the elite is does not show any difference between grip fingers and the trigger finger, and secondly, the rail of the elite's gun is far too high up from the body. See?
I noticed the hand issue shortly after posting, think I've fixed it :coolcat:

(04-30-2013 10:40 AM)InfiniteCastor link Wrote:  http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&biw=13...=230&ty=80

The back of the rail is supposed to come from the bottom of the magazine holder to the top of the body.
Can't see this image at school for some reason, I'll get to this part when I return home.

(04-30-2013 10:40 AM)InfiniteCastor link Wrote:  There are a couple of other subtle things, like how the elite should have more muscle on his legs if he's going to be a special operative. They look like they could be smashed with a toy hammer. His magazine has too much detail; no real clip has dozens of lines on it, it's better to do a combination between horizontal lines and curved lines down the vertical. He also needs some more thorough armour, like knee plates, shoulder plates, something for his thighs, and obviously some chest armour; one of the most important bits. One more thing; put some detail on the rifle. As you can tell by the example above, no gun is completely blank like that. Throw on some seams, some connectors, a case ejector (unless it fires caseless, of course) or a body-mounted laser sight, if you're so inclined.
I will add more muscle next time. I don't know what I was going for on the magazine, but I'll tone it down as well. He does have chest armor (it's underneath the uniform, I tried making it stand out by outlining the spot where it would be). I'll add more armor too. I also had no idea what to put on the gun, so I just left it like that :3:
04-30-2013 03:51 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

Added something.
05-05-2013 03:36 AM
Tyrannosaurus_Tux Offline
Resident Dinosaur

Pictures are broken for me.

Sometimes I do other things but mostly lurk.
[Image: c6M64dg.png]
05-07-2013 01:48 AM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

Now I need to find something other than cubeupload D:
05-07-2013 06:49 PM
Reconunit Offline
(under)Pants on head retarded

(05-07-2013 06:49 PM)Agent link Wrote:  Now I need to find something other than cubeupload D:
http://imgur.com/ works great.
05-08-2013 07:21 AM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

I saw a statue that looked like the last one once, in a park somewhere.

Spoiler :
05-08-2013 08:47 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

(05-08-2013 07:21 AM)Slice link Wrote:  http://imgur.com/ works great.

I don't know why I wasnt using that in the first place... Anyway, I'll switch over to that.
05-08-2013 09:03 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

[Image: LgpSac.png]
I drew something related to Gone With The Blastwave in photoshop. I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt.
10-06-2013 04:07 AM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

I like it. But I demand a giant mutated moth to be placed on top of his head.

Spoiler :
10-06-2013 02:18 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

I'll make another and put a moth on his head.

Also forgot that I put my real name on there.... Shoot.
10-06-2013 09:57 PM
Trifon Offline
Master of Doves

Nice job there, mate.

Michael Rosen YTPs are still funny.
10-06-2013 10:01 PM
Gamma Plasma Online
Particle oscillating pioneer

I kinda thought you plagiarized someone else's. This is fine too. The chances of Gamma arriving at your house as a salesman have skyrocketed. I have skyrockets by the way, you want any? $5.00 per rocket, no deliver charge just for you!
Plus Coby Pugh doesn't seem that common a name...

Anyway I might check out this webcomic, seems nifty.

Can't really give C&C on this since my specialities lie PW stuff. (Might change that to make some farms I have planned better) The shadow does look a bit weird though, I would have thought the bit poking out would be more smooth rather than a sharp jutting of his elbow.

[Image: 35f784cdb0.png]<br />Midgets...as far as the eye can see.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Procrastination[/glow][/shadow] - the answer to all your problems and a problem in need of an answer.
10-06-2013 11:24 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

(10-06-2013 11:24 PM)Gamma Plasma link Wrote:  I kinda thought you plagiarized someone else's. This is fine too. The chances of Gamma arriving at your house as a salesman have skyrocketed. I have skyrockets by the way, you want any? $5.00 per rocket, no deliver charge just for you!
Plus Coby Pugh doesn't seem that common a name...
Heh. I'll take 4! Yeah, especially here. My ancestors are welsh, and I'm like the seventh generation that has lived here.

(10-06-2013 11:24 PM)Gamma Plasma link Wrote:  Anyway I might check out this webcomic, seems nifty.

Can't really give C&C on this since my specialities lie PW stuff. (Might change that to make some farms I have planned better) The shadow does look a bit weird though, I would have thought the bit poking out would be more smooth rather than a sharp jutting of his elbow.
I think it's really cool. I'll try to do better on the shadow on my next picture, unless It's just a portrait...
10-07-2013 10:48 AM