03-11-2013 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mister Denisov Offline
Private

Re: [City at War] Empire Bay

[Image: City_At_War1.PNG]

"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!"

"Get upstairs! NOW!"

The two scramble upstairs as fast as possible, and the Tempest soldier shuffles back and angles his autogun downwards. He thumbs the safety toggle, feeding a round into the chamber.

The scout bot upstairs lowers itself and looks upwards upon hearing the noise on the roof. It transmits tactical data back to the Tempest, who grunts a reply.
03-11-2013 12:29 AM
Delta_Com Offline
Supreme Admiral - AFS

Can I join or is it too late?
03-11-2013 03:20 PM
Rusty Shackleford Offline
Paranoid Pixel Artist

I think it's a free join thing. Anyway, declare.

Spoiler :
[Image: tumblr_inline_mp4039E9Uw1qz4rgp.gif]
03-11-2013 07:01 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Course, you can still join. Ill put you on the list :)
03-11-2013 08:46 PM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

[Image: NwhxvxT.png]

The rest of the soldiers exit the gunship, dragging weapon crates onto the roof and stacking them as the dropship ascends back into the night sky. As the soldiers gear up, they hear the sound of an engine revving and glass shattering reverberates through the streets of the empty city. Alerted to the possibility of the presence of more resistance than they had anticipated, the commander begins barking orders.

"Briggs! Take two men across to the next rooftop, locate the source of the disturbance. Have Joe cover your rear with the grenade launcher, make sure nothing flanks you.

"Yes sir, right away!

"Jackie, I need you to secure this building, take a couple of guys with you too. Get in through that big ass hole in the roof."

"I'm on it. You and you, come with me!"

"The rest of you, stay up here with me, keep the roof secure. Richmond, get on those crates and cover the street on this side. Sam, point that rocket launcher in the general direction of that vehicle-sized heat signature. All of you, sync your weapon sensors with your visors and be ready to fire if anything is openly hostile."

Richmond the recon trooper grabs his sniper and hops on top of the weapon crates to get a better vantage point, while Sam the heavy trooper grabs the rocket launcher. Joe the other heavy trooper stations himself at the edge of the roof. Briggs and his two men run across the wooden board between the two rooftops, with Briggs on point. The board isn't too rotten, and supports the weight of the men as they cross one at a time. Jackie takes another light trooper and an engineer with him into the building. The other trooper runs ahead of him to the second floor while the engineer lags behind. The remaining engineer and light trooper idle on the roof, awaiting further orders. Commander Robinson remains on the roof as well, playing out various scenarios in his head to prepare himself for anything.

(The sound of the soldier's jackboots isn't exactly stealthy, and it is highly possible that someone could hear them.)

Spoiler :
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 10:04 PM by Rusty Shackleford.)
03-11-2013 10:00 PM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

Declare!
03-11-2013 10:39 PM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

[Image: nwhxvxt1.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The dropship roars off into the night, relaying back sightings off another dropship in the distance to the ground squad.

"Looks like we're late to the party, lads!" He calls out enthusiastically over the radio. "Right, I want O'Donnell in the walker to move
across to that rooftop and have a look at what we're up against. Sniper coverage looking out onto the skyline, and the rest of you
follow me down to clear this building and move out onto the street!"

The Lieutenant is excited - it's his first Op, but the rest of the group aren't so happy.

"Great, room clearing whilst skippy up there gets to slither about roofs with cosy sniper coverage" mumbles
the Heavy.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:29 PM by VantagePoint.)
03-11-2013 11:24 PM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

Umm, where's the picture?

Don't directly upload the picture from your computer. Use an image hosting site (I prefer Imgur) so we can see it without having to download it. Also, make sure the format is PNG.

Spoiler :
03-11-2013 11:28 PM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

Sorry 'bout that,  edited now.
03-11-2013 11:29 PM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

Also, your guys are right in time for the party, we haven't started shooting yet.

Spoiler :
03-11-2013 11:33 PM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

I wasn't sure if imgur would work so I went with imageshack, but i'll just roll with imgur from now on. Just in time!
03-11-2013 11:37 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Declare
03-12-2013 06:57 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

[Image: ZLsukas.png]

The men head into the apartment building, but stop as they hear more noise, a soldier climbs the flight of stairs to investigate. Already out of breath when he reaches an unlocked room, he almost has a heart attack when he looks across the street. "Stoooop, der are enemy-ahs up ahead!"

But by this time the apc had already pulled into the next street and had little time to react. The commander aims the gun up and presses down hard in the trigger, spraying bullets everywhere over the building, slowly eating away at the wall.

Meanwhile young Huan, pleased with his new clothes, has no idea whats going on in the next street.
03-12-2013 07:26 PM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

declare

Spoiler :
03-12-2013 08:12 PM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

You gonna post your turn Rusty? It's been hours haha
03-12-2013 10:56 PM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

Yeah, sorry, got caught up in something. Here it is.

[Image: piCl7Tx.png]

The pilot of the dropship relays some new information to Commander Robinson as it ascends further up into the sky, giving him a better view of the area.

"Uh, Robinson, things are heating up down there. I just spotted another dropship deploy some soldiers and what looks like some sort of mech. They're broadcasting over an unsecured channel, their commander is talking about moving into the city under sniper cover. Watch yourself."

"Acknowledged. Remember, circle us at a safe altitude and feed us any new intel. Briggs, I want a status report."

"Uh, sir, we've located the source of the disturbance... I don't know what the hell they are, the look like big alien dog things."

"What? Where are they?"

"At a gas station across the street. They don't appear to have noticed us. One of them drove a car into the building under us."

"Keep an eye on them, make sure they don't try anything cute. Jackie, what's your sta-"

Suddenly, the men on the roof hear shouts from the street below, and a hail of bullets pelts the building.

"SHIT! FALL BACK, FALL BACK!"

The commander and two other men run away from the edge of the roof, but Richmond and Sam stand their ground. Sam leans over the edge of the building to fire his weapon, noticing that the APC's gun can't rotate far enough to get an accurate bead on them. He hefts the rocket launcher on his shoulder, acquires a lock, and fires a HEAT rocket straight at the APC. Richmond sights a soldier pointing at him in the building across the street, and aims for his head with the high caliber sniper rifle. However, a stray bullet pings off of the weapon crate he is standing on, and he automatically recoils. The shot goes wild and punches through the door behind the enemy soldier, missing his head by mere inches.

Hearing gunfire cutting off his commander mid-sentence, Jackie kicks open the nearest door, and rushes toward the window while grabbing a frag grenade from his pocket, which he intends to throw out the window into the street. The other trooper who ran ahead of him stops suddenly when he sees enemies through the window in the building across from him. He sprays bullets out the window, too panicked to take the time to aim. Most of the shots go wild and and punch holes in the wall around the window, but a few penetrate the glass and whiz toward the soldiers on the other side. However, it is unlikely that they will reach their targets.

Spoiler :
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 12:50 AM by Rusty Shackleford.)
03-13-2013 12:13 AM
Mister Denisov Offline
Private

Declare
03-13-2013 12:17 AM
Mister Denisov Offline
Private

[Image: City_At_War2.PNG]
The Tempest wheels around and unleashes a short burst from his autogun, nailing the trooper in the chest. The sergeant and the corporal huddle up top with the scout bot.
In the mean time, the bot fires off a high intensity beam of energy, lancing through the leg of the soldier above, vaporizing a chunk of meat and sending a spray of gore out.
03-13-2013 01:07 AM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

Declare
03-13-2013 01:08 AM
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

Don't boot me out yet guys, I will post a turn tomorrow hopefully. I've had a load of work the last few days.
03-13-2013 01:38 AM
VantagePoint Offline
Private

[Image: vyviC8d.png]

The bio-scout moves swiftly across the rooftop, and upon reaching the edge, its legs contract in, and it propels itself across to the adjacent
rooftop, grasping the edge.

The sniper aims downrange, searching through windows and spots movement through the top floor of the adjacent building.
"Shit, Lt you're gonna want to know 'bout this - I'm watching a mounted gun fuckin' hammer the street under it with rockets,
and receiving what seems to be fire from a mounted weapon below - some shit is going down
"

"Alright chaps, clear this building and regroup bottom floor, then we can move forward."

Each squad member calls out each room to be clear, having a lot of fun booting down doors as they progress through the building.
03-13-2013 01:38 AM
Paranoid Pixel Artist

I hope you do get time to post, Fahrenheit, I like that little Jensen guy.

Spoiler :
03-13-2013 02:38 AM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

Declare!
03-13-2013 06:58 PM
SpartanApples Offline
Government Hooker

[Image: yEepMOY.png]

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Cries the RPG soldier, as the commander screams as he pulls himself out of the burning wreckage and flops on the ground. "Yoo monstaws!" He runs forward into the street, flips off the safety to his launcher and fires upwards, nearly being knocked backwards into the fire.

The other soldier also lets out a quick burst at the attackers. The tears in his eyes don't stop him from carefully aiming, making sure he doesn't miss like the shot that was just fired at him. While he hoped to get a headshot or to hit the explosive ammo crates they're standing on he only manages to hit his leg, but it's still enough to stop him firing again.
03-13-2013 07:48 PM