Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Picture Wars Wiki
Synthetic Offline
(aka Jager) Forum Moderator

Globe Picture Wars Wiki

Picture Wars Wiki

What is it!?
Here in Picture wars, we have a wiki site that explains the game, and various concepts that are found in picture wars gameplay.
It is not only about the game, but it is also a massive list of the armies that players use in picture wars.

And we need Your contribution!

If you have made an army, and think it's pretty cool, you can post it here on the wiki page. When You've finished, your army will be enshrined where it will not be forgotten. Unlike simply posting it in the army thread alone, your army will not be continually pushed back pages where no one will ever find it again.

Posting an army on the wiki gives you a lot of freedom to post extra information and facts about your army, like backstory or previous matches that they have been in.

So, you might be asking:
How do I get started?
It's very easy. On the main page when you first enter, you will see an area down below that looks like this:
[Image: contributewikipw.png]
Simply type in the name of your army, and click the "Create new article" button to begin.
If a pop up appears, click the "Create new article" button one more time.

Now, it should bring you to a large blank page. From here on, you can write anything that you want about your army.
Pay attention to the "editing tips" box located just to the left. It tells you how to make your army page more interesting and organised.

Now you might realize that your page looks bland without an image of your army. To add an image, open a new window or browser tab, and go to the main page of the wiki once more.
You will see this:
[Image: newwikiphotopw.png]
You will want to click on "upload a new photo."
From here, it works just like an image hosting site. Simply browse for your spritesheet, or any image that you want with your army on it, and upload it. Be sure to give your image a destination filename.

Now once uploaded, take the image's filename and paste it into the wiki page that you are editing. You will need to place brackets by the image name, so for example, if my image was named "armysprites.png," I would add text to make it look like this: [[armysprites.png]]

Now before you finish and post the page that you created, you will want it to show up for everybody to see.
Click on this button:
[Image: addpwcat.png]
The "Add category" button, will allow you to specify where it will show up. we want it to show up in the "Army" list.
Type in Army after clicking the button, then press enter. You should now have an Army category listed.

That's all there is to it! Let's see what a finished wiki page can look like:

The Avonii Empire
Trios Enterprises
The New Roman Empire

There are plenty more armies already on the wiki. Now that you know how to create one, Why not add to the database?

Feel free to ask any questions that you might still have.

[Image: 3dmsrbh][Image: R3PBvyl.png][Image: WyBNV.gif][Image: JLPOu.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 01:15 PM by Jacquerel.)
01-14-2013 06:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rainbows! Offline
Private

Re: Picture Wars Wiki

Does an army have to be completely finished to get a page?

Match Virgin
01-14-2013 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stefman Offline
Techno-commie

Any army that is being used in matches, never could be finished.

Spoiler: BOSS signature
[Image: 5f27907d43a0.gif]
01-14-2013 08:12 PM
Synthetic Offline
(aka Jager) Forum Moderator

(01-14-2013 07:43 PM)Rainbows! link Wrote:Does an army have to be completely finished to get a page?
Certainly not. You can make a page for an army with only one unit in it, or make a page for an army without even uploading images of it. You can edit your army page as often as you want as well, so you don't have to worry about putting up something that isn't finished.

[Image: 3dmsrbh][Image: R3PBvyl.png][Image: WyBNV.gif][Image: JLPOu.gif]
01-15-2013 06:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Propman Offline
Noodles.

RE: Picture Wars Wiki

Interestingly, the Wiki still seems to be fairly active in spite of the fact that nobody has commented about it for over a year now. I think I'll put my armies up here, the interesting ones anyways.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 03:50 PM by Propman.)
06-22-2014 03:41 PM
Collective Mind Offline
Commando

Oh, it was definitely pretty dead. I was the only editor there for months.

I fully support all of you putting your stuff on the wiki. It's an excellent reference tool.

[Image: tumblr_m8ppaeeecR1r7l7cko1_400.png]
06-26-2014 03:31 AM
haribo841 Offline
Dead inside.

I can be necromancer :D
Summer starts today, full free time and this shit. If i can( Jager dont ban me), i try do some articles!

[Image: 76561198093595981.png][Image: AddFriend.png]
06-27-2014 12:17 AM
Propman Offline
Noodles.

Finally added Denmen's sprite scale to the army section, as well as some other things. You people remember this wiki still exists, right?
12-10-2014 07:43 AM
Pookaball Offline
Commando

sure.

[Image: yEh4k6n.gif] [Image: 3JSYyE7.gif]
12-10-2014 08:05 AM