Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The 4 Hour War; Revengeance - TheL20 vs Agent
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

The 4 Hour War; Revengeance - TheL20 vs Agent

[Image: 99fe56be38.png]
A squad of IDF soldiers enter the area. It is lead by a Commando, and there are two Eclipse Elite's, an Engineer elite, and your everyday elite. This must be an important mission. the commando, as he get's closer notices a scout they sent a few days earlier. He has shots in his chest, and blood is on the door. He still clutches his Type 4 Plasma rifle. The attackers must have been pretty skilled to covertly kill a jet trooper without him noticing, and retaliating.

Commando: This will be interesting, gentlemen.
Eclipse Elite 1: What do you think killed him, sir?
commando: It could have been anything, out here. It could possibly still be lurking. It might not even be human, considering he still has his weapon.
Eclipse Elite 2: Probably sir. You know, didn't this base have a lot of explosives and stuff?
Commando: That's right. It was inhabited by bandits too, I believe.
Commando 2: Where did they go then, sir?
Commando: Probably driven off by another visiting force. We aren't the only ones to inhabit this planet. Ever since we had our ship crash land at the Anmosrod memorial, they have been pretty pissed off at us. If it was them, I don't blame them.

The conversation ends as they near the base.
09-30-2012 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

Re: 4 hour war; Revengeance - TheL20 vs Agent

[Image: f8ab2af588.png]

A small squad of Elite Anmosrod forces stand outside of a well-destroyed building. They've been sent here not to avenge their destroyed monument, although that's certainly part of it. Their job is to salvage a piece of highly experimental and dangerous technology inside. They have been authorized to take it by whatever means are deemed necessary. With the group is one of Anmosrod's most brilliant Engineers, and someone deeply, deeply offended by the destruction of the monument.

The low hum of a gunship engine can be heard throughout the area. It would appear that they have air support only a few minutes out.

Commander Jacknife stands atop a small box, surveying the scene of a destroyed base in front of them.

Jacknife: "No idea what could be so technological inside here as to warrant my help..."
Dynat: "Briefing didn't explain fully what was inside. Only that it's astoundingly important and its applications as a weapon are invaluable."
Jacknife: "Yeah you didn't explain anything."
Elite #1(Way at the back): "It's important, it's high-tech, and we want it."
Jacknife: "See? That made sense."
Dynat: "Just get me inside. I'll do the rest."
Hardsuit(Front): "That much I can do."
09-30-2012 09:41 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

Re: 4 hour war; Revengeance - TheL20 vs Agent

[Image: c261eb2b69.png]
Once the Commando reaches the door, it opens automatically. Clearly still working up to standard. The jet trooper falls backwards, because he has nothing to support him now. The first Eclipse elite moves him out of the way, and the commando takes the shotgun off of the wall, and leaves the KS-3 for someone else.

The commando takes note of the broken APG. He wants to look back at his squad, but knows he could be shot at any second. The second eclipse elite takes the KS-3, and walks towards the commando. The engineer elite looks around
09-30-2012 10:27 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

Re: The 4 Hour War; Revengeance - TheL20 vs Agent

[Image: 740fba8e31.png]

Hardsuit: "Knock knock."

The doors may work, but Anmosrod forces don't tend to check for that sort of thing. In a single motion, the Hardsuit brings his hand off his weapon and punches the entire door in. It breaks the silence of the otherwise uneventful night with a horrible screeching sound. Before the door is even finished skidding, Jacknife is already inside the door, the rest of his team following behind. He stares directly at the IDF personnel inside the base and isn't really impressed. Their weapons are pointed directly at the IDF, but they hold their fire for the moment.

Jacknife: "Gentleman. How are you this fine evening?"
Dynat: "Yeah... Nice and subtle there."
Jacknife: "I believe you have something we want. I don't suppose you'll just... hand it over?"
Dynat: "...are... are you actually asking?"
Jacknife: "Hey, I figure I would ask. Maybe we can just take it without shooting the whole place up."
Elite #1: "Because i'm SURE they'll just hand us the device."

The Engine on the horizon moves in. It must have thought they really COULD just walk in and take it.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 12:20 AM by TheL20.)
10-03-2012 07:46 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

[Image: 30c96e7cad.png]
Commando: Whatever technology is in here is property of the IDF. Now please leave before we are forced to open fire. The rest of the squad stop, and aim their weapons. The Anmosrod soldiers are heavily outgunned. The IDF has the KS-3 now, which can rip through the Anmosrod and blow a hole in the side of the base. But that wouldn't be a good idea, since this base is supposedly full of explosives.

On a side note, the Elite who mysteriously disappeared reappears beside the Engineer.
10-03-2012 08:51 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

[Image: 1dc1007ac3.png]

Jacknife: 'Well, was worth a shot."
Hardsuit: "Right, then, plan B."

[youtube]KYBKkqjyjjY[/youtube]

In an instant, Jacknife's antique revolver is in his hands and the trigger has already been pulled. The other three are soon to follow suit, completely riddling the front human with quite a few bullets. They may be outgunned, but when have they cared about that before? Round after round fly down the hallway, blowing apart a box and nailing one of the soldiers in the leg. Even Dynat draws his weapon and fires, now having considerably more training than he did the first time he met the IDF.

The Gunship moves to target. It will be in firing range next turn.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 05:15 PM by TheL20.)
10-04-2012 04:56 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

[Image: d79177fd1a.png]
The Elites begin to fire and back out of the building. The Commando, being the most valuable member to this group is dragged outside.
[Image: 7ccf57e0cd.png]
The engineer elite tries to ignore his leg wound, and concentrates on the Commando. He stops the bleeding, and is glad that the armor managed to stop the shot from doing much damage, pretty strong revolver. The soldiers are itching to get back in there. The elite calls for reinforcements, but the nearest drop ship is about a half hour away.
10-06-2012 02:18 AM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

[Image: 24bc5d9fbe.png]

The Elites quickly move into the base, weapons primed and aimed at the door. The hardsuit is oddly stiff as it moves inside; the Engineers still haven't figured out how to make movement easy in that thing. Jacknife places his other hand onto the Revolver's grip, holding it aimed directly at the door. Dynat checks his weapon, making sure it will fire again when they come back through.

Jacknife: "That'll buy us a few seconds! Dynat, Get upstairs. Whatever this thing is, it has to be up there."
Dynat: "Yes sir."
Jacknife: "You go with him Lercer. Keep him alive."
Lercer (Formerly Elite #1): "Understood sir."
Jacknife: "Deyn? You're with me. Keep them the hell out of this base."
Deyn (Formerly hardsuit): "Got your back, Commander."

The Gunship swoops onto the scene, Gatling gun already aimed directly at the soldiers outside. The pilot speaks through a speaker system mounted on the outside.

Andel: "Tell you what, i'm feeling generous today. Get the hell away from this base and I promise not to shoot you in the back."

No more reinforcements are currently on the way.
10-06-2012 03:47 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

[Image: 91d0fdf68a.png]
The soldiers don't hear anything, so the eclipse elite falls back and spots the gunship. He grins, and fires. It pierces the front, missing the pilot, and comes out the other end, if the pilot doesn't jump out, he's toast. Actually, he'd be dust.

The Commando has his face fixed, but is still unconscious. The engineer elite stems the blood flow on his leg as well. He fixes the armor as well. The engineer elite remembers spotting a deactivated APG. If he can get in there, he can fix it up and it could provide some defense for a few seconds. The engineers really need to come up with a way to armor them better.

The other eclipse elite takes note of the hole in the wall, and aims there, in case they have men up there already.
10-06-2012 05:00 PM
TheL20 Offline
King of Delwar

[Image: cfda7ddcd1.png]

In one shot, a single soldier did what some entire armies couldn't. He actually managed to critically damage an Anmosrod CG Gunship. Fire spews from the turbine as it begins to lose altitude. Andel loses his minigun's target from the sheer shock of the impact, Instead getting a missile off. His entire focus is now on keeping his gunship airborne; a task that might be impossible.

Andel: "Mayday! Mayday! My Gunship has taken extensive damage! Losing altitude!"

Jacknife and Deyn file out of the elevator's path, taking up a moderately in-cover position near the boxes. Jacknife never takes his gun off the door, just WAITING for someone to walk through. The elevator begins its ascent, Dynat and Lercer soon to see what they're fighting for.

Dynat: "I'll try not to take a while!"
Jacknife: "Oh nonsense. Take all the time you're gonna need! I can handle these fools."
Lercer: "Need I point out that they just shot a CG gunship out of the sky with ONE SHOT, Commander?! Those things never go down, much less in one shot!"
Jacknife: "Hey. Don't doubt me. I got this."

Although Andel's calls over the radio are frantic, No reinforcements are en route.
10-12-2012 12:55 AM