Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New gamemode. (?)
Photocopier Offline
Commando

Re: New gamemode. (?)

I'm currently part way through a vast amount of poses for this, don't worry it will at least look brilliant :P

*totally German princess*
03-11-2011 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Creeding Offline
Private

(03-10-2011 10:54 PM)KommradKommissar link Wrote:  Im just wondering when Creeding will come back.

### UPDATE ###

The finished gamemode grows closer, people. Maps are complete, sprites are coming along swimmingly and gameplay is 2/3rd of the way there.

For now, heres the backstory/flavor.

I need some CnC on the story. I'll answer any questions you want to throw at me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5byxSgCDDo&feature=related[/youtube]
(play me and read)

Back[color=beige]story

During the end of the 21st century earth grew weak, unable to sustain its own glutinous weight, population and wars. It was only a matter of time before the conventional human ways were to fall. With Mars terraforming moving along at a snails pace, Earths greed grew too strong in too short of a timespan. Economies finally fell through and governments collapsed thus causing a new dark age.

Total anarchy and all out war struck the earth, but not all was lost. This inevitable event in history had allowed way for the Corporations to step in and take the place of worlds governments. Continent's we're divided up, islands sold off, whole countries we're open to the highest bidder. The Corporations soon took over the globe, leaving the new, moraleless and unethical greed of man in charge.

With religious ideals out of the way and ethics tossed out of the window, Humanity was in store for a new golden age. Amongst other things, during the 23rd century a collective of different sciences crafted the ability for long range space travel, the jumpdrive. With this came the exploration of space. Genetics and cryogenics took a new highs aswell.

During the 24th century, man has traveled far far beyond sol. Colonizing many a star, thrusting Humanity up into a type 2 civilization. The IBM Stellar Sphere, the Microsoft Galaxy, Planet Starbucks, The Corporations are certainly leaving there mark on the Universe, but after over more then a century of uncensored war, it was yet again only a matter of time before meta-society come to a another complete breakdown.

25th century. Of the 2 million Corporations, 1.7 million of them we're annihilated, leaving only the remnants and shattered legacy of a brutal few. Planets demanding independence, civil war at its peak and ever other Corporation still at each other throats. The end of a era is certain. With the vast majority of the juggernaut class Corporations gone, it made way for much an opportunity. Opportunity for what took there place.  The Factions. Separatist and Independent states of power.

Unlike the Corporation, who had control over 600+ planets at a time and entire Galaxies under there control in some cases, the Factions are much more modest in there conquests, on average having 3-5 planets under there control at any one time. Some large ones having a 5-6 systems. Not that they can't sustain it, its just that all of the habitual planets are taken and Terraforming technology is highly sault-after. Wars come and go, control is passed around. With such scares recourses, its unlikely to win a war.

Think of it as a new age feudalism. The collapse of the Corporations caused a decentralization of Humanity, thus the involuntary handing down of significant power in the hands of local parties. This isolation causes entire wars to be fought, won, or lost on the frontiers before the message gets to any other Factions to let them know the war has even begun.  Reasonably independent from their corporate overlords, they begun reforming the old ways. Political parties. New found Kingdoms. Rising Imperial Empires. All coming back into the play of this new, unpredictable universe on the edge of yet another collapse.

War still ravages humanity, as it always has. No planet was safe from a "Hostile takeover" and now is no different. Factions fight over planets, all of them with there own agenda and ideals, nibbling away with what little recourses there are, just to sustain there own petty existence.

Fla[color=beige]vour

The universe is human-dominated. As such, the core focus is on development of human factions. Despite the dominance of humanity, a large number of aliens is always implied to exist, inside and outside of Charted Space... but nothing sentient has been found yet.

Terraforming take around 8 years to complete on a moon sized planet. Its all Dependant on the present gases and mass available. Technology to do such a thing has since run dry with the end of the Corps.

A universal currency was formed during the mid part of the 23nd century. The ISC, Inter Steller Credit... or Credits for short.

Jumpdrive technology allows for craft to travels over 800 times the speed of light. Allowing for man to travel to stars in mere weeks! Onboard, on the other hand, this takes years. This Means the use of cryogenics makes up a big part of interstellar travel. Before a ship is launched, all systems are check to make sure there ready for the long run. Its occupants are frozen. 2-3 weeks later, they arrive un-aged... the ships on the other hand takes its toll. Its no more then 3 or 4 jumps before the ship needs a complete overhaul, seeing as it ages 800 times quicker when in transit.

Cloning is a cheap way of making a weak and generally incompetent army. Not many Factions use it. Although it is an option for anyone willing to venture.

With the population spiraling out of control all over the universe, many of the much larger factions view the value of human life at a all time low. Solider survivability is frighteningly low in most cases, seeing as many are easily replaceable.

[align=center]Time [color=beige]Line

[align=left][pre]2072 - Governments collapse, total anarchy.
2104 - The mega Corporations step in thinking they can do a better job, forcing the human race into a whirlpool of capitalism and depression.

2313 - Viable Intersteller travel. Explosion of new technologies.
2314 - The Corporate wars begin.
2316 - ISC established. A 500ml can of Coke-a-cola was the first item to be brought in this currency. It costs 50 credits. The standard 10mm cased round prices at 0.2 credits.

2430 - Corporate wars come to a climax.
2432 - Earth destroyed. Wal-Mart Armaments incorporated goes bust in the process.
2500 - The Corporate wars come to an end. Rise of the separatist factions.

2522 - Present.[/pre]

Our [color=beige]Story

EDC112 - "Lone"
Terraforming: 13 years ago.
Colonization: 3 years ago.
Mass: 2,732 Sextillion Metric tons.
Population: 45 million.

The small planet of EDC112 orbits a white sun, no bigger then Jupiter of Sol. This planet is the only mass in the entire system... but don't let the ascetic insignificance of such a place fool you. This planets former owners, the Zibotsu Corporations, has had its assets liquidated. Its evacuation of shareholders and higher management went underway weeks ago. Without leadership, the planet fell into chaos.

The planet isn't exactly resource rich, nor does it house any kind of ancient super weapon. The reason for its great interest is its location in its galaxy. Its a stop between two of the larger stellar spheres. A mid point. A perfect place for staging bi-galactic expansion or restriction.

Factions flock to the planet, knowing if they were to win, they would have complete control over the local galaxies traffic and trade.

Capital -"Hektar"

A city of petty size, housing a mere 30 million. Tiny in the standards of today, its located on EDC112's equator. Its architecture is relatively modest. Giving people enough breathing room to actually walk around outside. There are many defining features of the city. (I'll touch on them later.)

The sound of crumbling architecture, small arms and PA systems erupts all over the city... Dropships litter the sky as the Faction attempts to take the planet for themselves.

And so, the auction begins. Factions and remnant Corporations alike, placing there bids in blood. The takeover of EDC112 is about to begin.

CnC?

[center][Image: NT1.png]<br /><br />[Image: NT210.png]<br /><br />[Image: NT34.png]<br />[/center]
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2011 02:12 AM by Creeding.)
03-11-2011 05:00 PM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

You used file smelt for the maps so I can't see them.
Also that story was great, I love it.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
03-21-2011 08:34 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

Story was pretty good, though there were some grammar issues, such as using "we're" where "were" should have been.  I I can't see the pics too.

derp derp derp
03-21-2011 08:38 PM
Photocopier Offline
Commando

I don't think there are any images

*totally German princess*
03-21-2011 09:12 PM
KommradKommissar Offline
The Old Breed

Just some grammar issues like "Stuck" instead of "Struck". But otherwise i cant wait to play :buddy:

[Image: LOWHANGING.gif]
03-21-2011 09:36 PM
Creeding Offline
Private

Bit of a clean up.

Also theres no images... sorry to disappoint.

[center][Image: NT1.png]<br /><br />[Image: NT210.png]<br /><br />[Image: NT34.png]<br />[/center]
03-22-2011 12:03 AM
Ross Offline
Private

Right, this sounds amazing. Looking forward to it.
03-22-2011 05:50 AM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

(03-22-2011 12:03 AM)Creeding link Wrote:  Bit of a clean up.

Also theres no images... sorry to disappoint.

Well can't the map in the other thread since you used file smelt.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
03-22-2011 07:07 PM
Creeding Offline
Private

Brought it down. Just for you.

03-22-2011 10:08 PM
KommradKommissar Offline
The Old Breed

I really cant wait creeding. :v: Seems very cool.

[Image: LOWHANGING.gif]
03-22-2011 10:11 PM
Ruski Offline
Private

Oh my god, do want even more!

I like the concept as well.

Press butan reciev postcount.<br /><br />
Quote:Denmen: Dude, being gay or pretending to be gay is awesome.
03-22-2011 11:09 PM
Creeding Offline
Private

How does everyone feel about the choice of music? I wasn't too sure that you guise would like it, although I knew it would suit the context in one way or another.

03-23-2011 02:14 AM
DannyBoyYeh Offline
Private

Pretty sick, Creeding, pretty sick.
03-23-2011 05:09 AM
moonglow2941 Offline
Private

This is make me exited
03-26-2011 02:26 AM
Über Away
pocket

Does that mean it made you exit the thread or what.
03-26-2011 06:19 AM
warhamer Offline
Private

I think he meant excited
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2011 12:38 AM by warhamer.)
03-26-2011 07:23 PM
Kyre Offline
Resident Deserter

I do believe(as it makes sense in this context), he actually mean to say "This makes me excited", but he missed the 'c'.

On topic, I like this idea as well. Seems pretty well thought through for such an early stage.

Admiral of the Quadralian Home fleet, ex-warsuit pilot, ex-interceptor pilot
03-26-2011 11:13 PM