Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The army backup thread!
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

The army backup thread!

The army backup thread. To backup your army today all you have to do is post your army to this thread and I (most likely) will save the image onto a comprehensive picture of EVERY SINGLE ARMY POSTED HERE. Try to compact your sprite sheet as much as you can also. The main post will be updated every two weeks if I can or every time there is an update for it. Also please do not post armies that are in a two early stage to be used. Then if your files are lost you can easily find your army on the image and take it back. Lets start this thang!
[Image: 1b0e5a7345.png]
Made by the smart minds of Mr. Fahrenheit and Mewiththeface
Note: Put a little logo with your armies to recognize it easily.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 03:16 AM by Mr.Fahrenheit.)
04-05-2012 03:11 AM
Find all posts by this user
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

Re: The army backup thread!

Can't you guys just use Dropbox or something?
04-05-2012 03:16 AM
Mewiththeface Offline
Recruit

Meh, I don't care for dropbox. It's just another account I don't want to bother with.
If you don't want to post your armies, don't. (Not to sound hostile! sorry)

http://www.mewiththeface.tumblr.com<br />*Probably NSFW*
04-05-2012 03:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Mr.Fahrenheit Offline
Commando

Neither of us particularly like dropbox.
(ninja) (hobbesy my response to your lzzrd slice thing in chat wasnt supposed to be mean spirited)
04-05-2012 03:21 AM
Plufadafa Offline
Rookie

(04-05-2012 03:16 AM)Hobbesy link Wrote:Can't you guys just use Dropbox or something?
hey Hobbsey, this wouldn't happen to be the guy who played on a minecraft server owned by a friend of mine named harry would you?....
04-06-2012 03:10 PM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

(04-05-2012 03:21 AM)Mr.Fahrenheit link Wrote:Neither of us particularly like dropbox.
(ninja) (hobbesy my response to your lzzrd slice thing in chat wasnt supposed to be mean spirited)
You can dislike Dropbox all you like, but it's a far more reliable backup option than a topic on a message board.
Didn't you yourself lose all of your images recently, Mew? I would have thought that would have taught you something. What is more important to you, a single username and password (that can be the same as one you already use) or all of your sprites? :P
Also dropbox doesn't actually require any account details, you just install it and drop everything you want hosted in a folder on your computer. The only time you'll need to log in to anything is if your computer does die and you want to access the web version to get your stuff back, in which case why wouldn't you just be using the same login details as your forum account anyway? It's not like anyone has anything to gain by hacking your dropbox.

Other things better than using a message board topic to back up your things:

A USB stick
An external hard drive
Any other image host that allows you to have an account
Even just emailing yourself your images is safer and more reliable than storing them in a message board topic

In conclusion this topic is silly and there are many far more efficient means of backup.
Go and use one of them instead.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 03:22 PM by Metal Chao.)
04-06-2012 03:19 PM
Thread Closed