Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Republic of Zipton (T.R.O.Z.)
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

The Republic of Zipton (T.R.O.Z.)

This is my first army. I've had a lot of time to work on them before I joined, but... I don't quite think it's all that great. Mostly because I suck at shading. Let me know what you think.

I just realized my parents hated me! All I had to play with in the bathtub was a toaster and a radio!
02-15-2012 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

Re: The Republic of Zipton (T.R.O.Z.)

[Image: b7183aa823.png]
These are the basic soldiers of T.R.O.Z. I believe these will be the most used soldiers at my dispense.

I just realized my parents hated me! All I had to play with in the bathtub was a toaster and a radio!
02-15-2012 01:09 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

[Image: 778ec33a61.png]
These are the heavy units of T.R.O.Z. I named them ''Rippers''.

02-15-2012 01:12 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

[Image: 445fa7034d.png]
Here is my drop ship, as you can see, no shading. Anyway, this is the basic form of transportation for T.R.O.Z. (At least until I make trucks) They can carry abot seven men, including the gunner and pilot.

02-15-2012 01:18 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

[Image: 4567053bba.png]
This is my attack pod, basically a smaller version of the drop ship with more weapons. Amazing. still, no shading but it can carry four people including the gunner and pilot. It's armed with four missles, two plasma cannans and a plasma MG on the top.

02-15-2012 01:26 AM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

Well I have two things to say:

1.) add shading
2.) merge all those posts

[center]The being known as &quot;Optimus Lime&quot; or, simply, &quot;Optimus&quot;[/center]<br />[center]When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone else's eye.[/center]
02-15-2012 01:28 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

Obviosly!

02-15-2012 01:30 AM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

(02-15-2012 01:30 AM)KingMuffinCat link Wrote:  Obviosly!
Umm....

[center]The being known as &quot;Optimus Lime&quot; or, simply, &quot;Optimus&quot;[/center]<br />[center]When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone else's eye.[/center]
02-15-2012 01:32 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

[Image: c08635f534.png]
This isn't excactly T.R.O.Z. but they are a genetically mutated race that are part human and wolf. Mostly wolf though... (Still a WIP)

02-15-2012 01:35 AM
GunnerKillerJ Offline
Private

all your soldiers are leaning forward :O

1.) add shading

Grin
02-15-2012 01:36 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

Sorry if they're... leaning? But I honestly think that in the middle of a battle this wouldn't quite matter because I don't think that soldiers in combat would have their back straight and head held high. And please note that these are my first posts and that I repeatedly said that I can't shade very well... BUT I will work on it! Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 01:40 PM by KingMuffinCat.)
02-15-2012 01:42 AM
JacenHanLovesLegos Offline
Private

It looks like you used the IDFS as inspiration for a lot of the stuff. Not saying that's bad, sa long as you didn't copy it over entirely. Anyway, they're not bad, but need shading.
02-15-2012 04:02 AM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

I believe you meant IDF. And he has permission over SOME of my things, But I spotted one or two things I wasn't notified of.
02-15-2012 04:52 AM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

To:JacenHanLovesLegos: Thank you for the compliment and of course I will do my best on the shading, and to Agent 10361: What about my pink energy gun design you took? I allowed it so I slightly changed the design myself. And I'm not quite sure what designs I used that were yours... sorry if I bothered you...

02-15-2012 01:34 PM
josnif18 Offline
Rookie

I'm not sure about this, not to be rude but, can you read the post, then look at the picture. Because he does say theres no shading and, that he's working on it.
02-15-2012 04:11 PM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

The arms on all the soldiers are to short and on the the running pose the arms need to be redone. The drop and gunship are bland and boring so redesign them and when you do try not to stick to a box shape.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 12:08 AM by Xron.)
02-15-2012 05:32 PM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

No offense, but you should really learn to spell Xron. And who are you to judge? I honestly haven't found your army.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 07:59 PM by KingMuffinCat.)
02-15-2012 07:54 PM
Mouse Offline
Private

So now you need an army to give crits?
02-15-2012 08:05 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

Don't forget good spelling too!

Honestly if you are not going to accept critique then you might as well quit, you'll never get anywhere and you'll piss everyone off.

02-15-2012 08:13 PM
Adeptus Offline
Recruit

I agree with Mouse. And besides, Xron has been here for a long time, since Facepunch PW forums if I remember correctly. If you don't accept the C&C you're given, then don't ask for it.

I used to be Adeptus. Fuck off if you didn't know me.
02-15-2012 08:15 PM
Agent10361 Offline
The guy with the numbers

(02-15-2012 07:54 PM)KingMuffinCat link Wrote:  No offense, but you should really learn to spell Xron. And who are you to judge? I honestly haven't found your army.
Hmm...
(02-15-2012 12:56 AM)KingMuffinCat link Wrote:  This is my first army. I've had a lot of time to work on them before I joined, but... I don't quite think it's all that great. Mostly because I suck at shading. Let me know what you think.
There we go!

I also borrowed his plasma MG because I suck at making turrets. On the idle poses, move the right arm back one pixel. It makes it look like its partially behind the body, wich is what we want.
02-15-2012 08:23 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

I would also recommend moving off that template Agent provided you and Josnif (bad Agent!) and making your own army.

02-15-2012 09:04 PM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

Okay, I get it, I was being pretty damn stupid and you were all right. But I guess MAKING armies just isn't my thing. I only joined so that I could battle and... stuff... Oh yes and by the way, the army design is MINE. josnif 18 is the one who took my army design, I should know, I was there and told him to make his own army.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 09:31 PM by KingMuffinCat.)
02-15-2012 09:28 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

Well before you can battle you have to make an army! So I would sit down and work hard to improve what you have or make a new army!

02-15-2012 09:30 PM
KingMuffinCat Offline
Rookie

No thanks, I think I'll just watch other battles and view other armies as I did before I signed up, because now making an army seems like a giant waste of time to me.

02-15-2012 09:38 PM