Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doctor Vs Edman: Where's the party?
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

Doctor Vs Edman: Where's the party?

Yes folks you heard it right there, the epic pictorial-y over drawn out, and obviously over dramatic match of the next hour or so is here at your grasp for only the time and effort it takes you to scroll the page and read.

File request 4410...
Password authorization requested...
Access granted...
Entering log file V21-112A...

" file states that an old military installation is on this planet, this technology is advanced enough to boost our scientific technology and weapons technology a few hundred months!"
" So what you're say'n there is if'n we can manage to not fuck this up, we can save our selves about two years of research'n shit?"
" Yes sir, that's what I'm saying"
" How soon can we get a team out there?"
" All of our best men are on missions, General."
" Well don't just give me this chicken shit, who's left to be pick'n from, Captain Wilson?"
" We have those boys from Charlie company."
" Good, those are some of the finest men to ever be com'n out o' the Highland Science School of Reconnaissance."
" no sir, we don't have that part of Charlie company, we have the new recruits, however they are being lead by Major Williamson."
" Ehh, good enough, if they die, I reckon we can use it to boost public support for the war effort."
" What war?"
" That's classified information, Captain."

[Image: ed4650dc73.png02-03-11.1299095050.png]

A probe jolts from the sky, it crashes into a cave. The probe makes a nice cozy crater in the sun. "Ouch!" It exclaims, "Stupid gravity drive is on the fritz again... Oh well, at least I'm not stuck in a deep dark muddy cave, or impailed against a bunch of sharp rocks, or even in a toxic waste spill." The probe, realizing this fantastic turn of fate which befalls many probes who seem to otherwise always land in horrible places, begins to hum a little tune to its self. "Doo Doo Do De Doo De Doo Doo De Doo De Deoo Doo Deoo..."

While this takes place, a craft lurches from the sky, the Jump Master uses his psionic ability to remove the hatch and allow the squad to exit the carrier.
This is Baker squad, Composed of, Private Rockins (santa hat) from West Eastville, Texafornirado, major Williamson (Exo-armor) from, well it's unknown where he's from, some say he was just created out of thin air by the gods of nature and light, Corporal Taylor (Top hat) from Zvilanex, ivansland, two combat drones (sparky and ticker) from some secret military probe factory and a crate. This is the same crate that as almost fallen off every spot they ever dropped it in about 30 thousand different times, this time was no different, it even managed to almost fall off of something on the flat plains of veetalban V. Of course the Jump Master was delighted to see them leave, he hated people, but mostly just the ones he had to work with.

Sparky had left first, his first idea was to detect threats to the West, so he did, he found something buried in the snow and proceeded to blast the shit out of it, which was overall, a great way to pass time, relieve stress, and caused his censor module to turn red.

Ticker went East, he perceived no threats and therefore he remains green, though ticker was always a little slow to find threats, it took nothing short of shooting at him to make him do anything other than hover, it's believed someone had hacked a probe's AI systems into his combat drone systems and this is the result.

"PARTY!" exclaimed Rockins, as he jumped from the ship, "This isn't a party, where's the cake?" He jumps down into a small cave, "wow." he mutters in wonder, "it's a little cold for a party."

Williamson pushed the crate, jumped and admired the site without even caring about the crate, after all, it wasn't going to fall, it never did.

Taylor leaped onto the crate, jumped down on the other side, it seemed like as good a place as ever to be, so why not pick it over some crate with an apparent deathwish, however as he said that, the snow collapsed under him and he fell into a small wooden room buried in the snow. He clambered to his feet and quickly used his psionic abilities to remove the drawings on the wall, after all, it wasn't particularly interesting, and this room was probably a good place to begin setting up camp, so why not.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 05:38 AM by Dr.Velociraptor.)
03-11-2011 04:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jox Offline
Recruit

Re: Doctor Vs Edman: Where's the party?

This map is ridiculously huge for just two people I suggest trimming it down or we'll never see any combat just movement.
03-11-2011 05:01 AM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

yeah.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 05:39 AM by Dr.Velociraptor.)
03-11-2011 05:05 AM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: c7895f8d07.png]

A seemingly harmless meteor falls from the sky... and into the ground.....
While a Duo of scouting bots, fresh off of the assembly line from the GENERATION headquarters head into the scene.

"Why does the boss want us to go freaking on patrol with the stupid WALKER...."
"Because he said so. And we haven't patrolled this area at all."
"Fair Enough."
"So, is there anything of importance here i should be scanning for???"
"This is just a simple scout mission!"
"With a Giant Tank-like Walker-bot."
"keep your eyes open for anything then!"

My Army:<br />http://picturewars.net/smf/index.php?topic=158.0
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 02:21 PM by Edman.)
03-11-2011 06:27 AM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

It's a jpeg...
you'll need to change it to a .png
03-11-2011 01:39 PM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

[Image: c1ca2b31b7.png]

The probe's AI quit humming for a second at the sound of something crashing above. It quickly decided it was probably someone wanting to be it's friend and strike up a friendly conversation, therefore it needed a name, otherwise it would be quite rude. It decided on Marvin. "Hello?" Marvin inquired into the distance, " Is somebody there?"

Sparky quit his senseless destruction of the buried object and simply floated there, " Damn" his Ai thought, "Maybe I should be more careful , this turret is deadly."

major Williamson simply vaulted from the crate and slid down to a position near the buried object, "Sparky, analysis please." he commanded to the drone.

Taylor and Rockins began work on a camp, Rockin's Psionic abilities kick in and his hat is transfered to an alternate dimension so it won't get dirty, he takes down the aging wooden tower, organizes the pieces and enlarges the cave."
" Taylor, what should be do with this cave?"
" Probably use it to construct something useful, or something. We can decide after we get our orders from command."
" Good point."

The crate decided it was going to perch on the edge of the hill, typical.
03-11-2011 02:57 PM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: f601974835.png]

"You Didnt think that I wouldnt be coming with you guys did you????"
"GEN DAMN..... I WANTED TO DRIVE IT THIS TIME......"
"Uh Did any of you hear that???"
"I Heard something, but i cant care too much about it... look over the horizon....
"I swear i heard something coming from this hole..... Im going to check it out....
"*sigh* you were always the rash type"
"well Im just going to stay put until they fuck up and try to shoot at us."
"Uh guys.... possible hostiles on the horizon.... And Red, Since when have they ever dropped one without a pilot."

As usual GRN never gets payed attention to, until everyone sees that he was right and is worshiped like a god. Sadly... this has never happened.

03-11-2011 03:40 PM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

[Image: e8f374b4b9.png]

"Hello!" Exclaims Marvin in an excited tone, " Down here!", his composite sensor notices the robot with green eyes looking down the hole. He waves his arm in a friendly manor, well not really, you see, Marvin is a probe, and because of that, he is devoid of any real means of arms,legs,rockets,warp drives, let's just say all transportation other than his probe-recall device that brings him home after his mission is complete via super complex warp mechanics designed to create a small wormhole directly to where ever he is supposed to be after the mission. Too bad for Marvin, he has no idea what his mission is and cannot finish it until he either does so by accident or remembers.

The Major uncovers some of the snow and dumps it down the hole near him.
" It appears to be some alien craft, Major." Sparky concludes.
" Thank you Sparky, I didn't notice..."

Rockins arranges the wood material into a room.
"Hey, taylor?"
"What?"
"what do I do with the crate?"
"I don't know, leave it there, It's in a good enough place as any, besides, it's not like it is falling or anything."
"Ok."

Taylor moves closer to the small hatch on the far side of the lower level.
"hmm."
03-11-2011 04:16 PM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: cee3a85de3.1.png]

"Hey... theres something down there......."
"Dont fall in you knumbdrives..."
"I wont fall in...."

*SLIP*

[Image: 7ee8164c34.2.png]

"Quert Damn."
"dont die down there you moron... what kind of creatures are these?? fellow comerades??"
"I have my blasters ready for anything.... even the cake cannon is prepared..."
"oh and Red. you are a moron."

[Image: 8472f6e71f.5.png]

"And He Sticks The Landing!!!"
"Why Hello There, Little Creauture!"
"HEY GUYS, IT LOOKS LIKE A PROBE!"

"what are they...

03-11-2011 04:47 PM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

"Command, this is Major Williamson, we have identified a possible alien artifact.."
"Uhm, I think we have some sort of robotic creature approaching," announces Ticker, "It seems like it's flying in our direction specificaly"

"Shit!", "Command, we have a potential hostile coming from the east, no intel on if they are native or not, please advise."
"Everybody hide, we don't have the resources to fight a battle here yet, be ready for a full on retreat if need be."

[Image: c571b960b6.5.png]

Marvin's AI detects for acceptable language frequencies, frequency found and voice modulation calibrated.
"Well hi there!" exclaims Marvin, "How nice of you to drop in."

Major Williamson digs down and hides under all the snow, "Command, do you read?"

Rockins pulls the crate into the hole in the wall, hopefully it's enough.
Sparky joins Ticker, who was occupied with watching the unknown force move in their direction.
03-11-2011 05:24 PM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: 623c3481e2.png]

"umm guys.... theyre pointing their guns at us...."
"Im just going to say hello. maybe theyre willing to trade with us!"
"but they hid... and pointed their guns at us... thats not very friendly..."
"HEY GUYS THIS PROBE THINGIE CAN TALK"
"hey there umm... whatever your name is....."
"do you know whose over that horizon over there... possibly wanting to kill us?"
"please just want to trade.. please just want to trade"
"should i fire the cake cannon?"

03-11-2011 06:17 PM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

[Image: 4824968889.png]

"Name's Marvin, Marvin the probe!" Explains Marvin, "They won't attack first, that is unless ordered, the grey ones resort to fleeing before fighting, the drones have a combat sensor module that turns red when they sense a threat, the only one you'll have to worry about is any exo-armor units you meet, they won't attack unless ordered to though."

Taylor and Rockins move into the caves, the rope is used for further decent by Taylor.

"hmm." whirs Ticker's sensor module, "this looks like it could have the potential to be dangerous, I mean look, that thing could explode, or fly into us, oh well though, It's about as harmless as a probe right now."
03-11-2011 06:30 PM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: c1771147f4.png]

GRN approaches the floating turrets

"Oh hey, its a mobile turret thing! Probably protecting a buncha guys!"
"hey, we dont really want to fight you guys....."

ORG
remains stationary....

"You guys be careful..... AND YOU RED, DONT GIVE THAT PROBE A BODY!!!"
"I MEAN IT, WE DONT WANT ANOTHER ISSUE 22 AGAIN!!!"

RED begins chanting

"yeah yeah"

RED's Body begins glowing as a force eminating around him charges, in three moves something will happen.

"RED, what did i tell you!!!"
"He seems helpful!"
"Whatever, you were always a charity case..."
"My cannons are still primed..."
"they seem friendly enough, and the little probe thing said as long as we dont shoot we'll be fine!"

*GRN reaches over to touch the turret-like-thing*

03-11-2011 08:34 PM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

[Image: 55249f1114.png]

"Oh, look!" gasps Marvin, "I  DID IT! My mission is complete, I am probably the first probe to ever complete his mission AND land somewhere that isn't a horrible death trap!" "Byeee!" he calls out as his recall device kicks in, opening a nice little wormhole right inside of him, it always made him feel happy inside when this happened, that being said, it has only happened once, just now.

The grey ones open a psionic warp gate, taylor is the first to go through, light and all physics distort around the warp gate.
Major Williamson, fed up with being in the damn snow and trying to contact command decides to hell with them and uses his psionics to turn the snow into a platform for his decent into the cave.

" Uhm, Sparky..." Whines Ticker, " I think it's going to touch me, D-d-d-o we shoot it?"
"If it tries anything we sure has hell will."
03-11-2011 09:21 PM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: 7506188555.png]

"SIKE! you thought i was going to touch that robot and get to to fight us didn't you!"
"okay, okay, you cought me offguard. ill admit that...."
"BUT I STILL WANNA CALL IN THE CAKES!!!"
"you guys, be quiet, im summoning something..."
"WE WILL BE AS LOUD AS WE WANT TO"

RED hears that Marvin is about to begin his departure

"oh. is that so. allright then. BUT I WILL SUMMON SOMETHING EVEN MORE AWESOME THAN WHAT I WAS GOING TO NOW!!!!"

RED has changed his summoning objective, something cool will happen in 5 turns now.

GRN examines the container.

"Hmm, i wonder whats in it.. and why these guys would just leave it here...."
"Its Mine now though.."
"HEY GUYS I GOT A BOX TO TAKE HOME TO YOU-KNOW-WHO!"

"[sub]who gives a fuck[/sub]..."

03-11-2011 11:29 PM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

[Image: fe2c9d79fe.png]

Marvin instantly de-materializes into the wormhole and is gone, well not really gone, he's still here, but not here as in the current place he was before, he's here as in there, so you would say he is there, but he's not, so that doesn't help us any.

The Major begins to break the rock apart.

Taylor leaps out of the warp gate, scrambles up the hill and holds the gate open, Rockins jumps into the gate's pull.

"Sparky, I think he's stealing the crate!"
" Train your turret to him, if he tries anything dangerous, shoot him."
"What kind of dangerous things?"
" How should I know, use your sensor module, they installed you with one for a reason!"
"Well if you start shooting and I don't find danger do I join in?"
" Of course, what else would you do, hum a little tune?" "What are you, A probe?"
03-12-2011 12:39 AM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: 2873d1920a.png]

"this box is a fair bit heavier than i expected, but no problem!"
"they have their guns pointed at you......."
"i dont think your gonna be safe doing that...."

"whats the worse that could happen?"

Meanwhile, underground

"mngggggngngggggggggg"

in 4 turns something Exiting will happen

"I have the cake ready....."

03-12-2011 12:56 AM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

[Image: 7c09cb2cd2.png]

The crate simply tries as hard as a crate can to be in a position of nearly falling at all times, finding the best ways to do this, it turned to more important matters. "Excuse me," it's password inquisition chip inquired, "I don't think you happen to know the password to open this crate, you'll need it to get the super secret military supplies inside!" Taking pride in it's job to securely store military supplies it had failed to remember the most important rule, never tell the creature stealing the crate of the super secret military contents. Oh well though, what could go wrong?

The drones with a sudden strike of confusion, stare at a wall that wasn't there last time they checked, to be honest they don't remember anything being there, but at least they knew it wasn't a wall, oh well though.

The grey ones finish their journey and simply wait, they can't do much else anyway.

Major Williamson uses the rocks to block the tunnel, hopefully any hostiles don't notice, but just to be safe he kept a few rocks for a weapon.

"Command, do you read?"
"This is command, What's wrong Major?"
"Well we got something, a ship and hostiles I think, I lost uplink with the drones, no idea what's going on, I don't even know if Taylor and Rockins are alive."
"Hang tight, we're forwarding the paper work at express rates, hopefully we can get you some aid soon."
"Great, always paper work, can't you get it going any faster, as far as I know we have 4 casualties, a lost probe and a crate of stolen military supplies!"
" no, the probe's fine, it made it back and is having a nice chat with the boys in the science bay about his red robotic friend and how his name's Marvin or some such."
"Well thank the fucking god of light, that doesn't assure me of the other 5 things on the list!"
--
Whoah that rock looks like shit, I'll probably fix that next turn into something better.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 01:42 AM by Dr.Velociraptor.)
03-12-2011 01:38 AM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: 5f257b5ea1.png]

"LULZ THEY TOTALLY MISSED YOU!!!!!"
"I KNOW RIGHT, THEY DIDNT EVEN CARE XD"
"Now whats your name mr secret security box of secretness??"
"or whats the password to your secrety secret contents??"

RED tries to concentrate and not burst out in laughter at the antics that have arisen

"This Is Silly"
"Oh Hey, Guys, Before my order is finalized you want anything??"
"CAKE"
"besides cake?"
"how about an airdropped present for them, with a secret security code?"
"PERFECT!"
"seconded"

In 3 Turns something Exiting will happen

03-12-2011 03:01 AM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

" I GOT IT!" Exclaimed Ticker, " THAT WALL IS A THREAT BECAUSE IT COULD BE, err, well it's a threat, I know that much."
"If you say so, let's blast it!"

The drones change to combat mode and blast the living fuck out of the wall, pretty much for no reason.

[Image: 8c1ae1ded2.png]

Satisfied with their work the drones stopped and admired their work.
[Image: 424ab4d063.png]

"I think we broke it!"

The crate was occupied with it's task of nearly falling and hardly noted the creatures question, but after much processing it came to that question.
" No" exclaimed the crate's voice module, "I can't give you the password because as a voice module I don't know it."

The gunfire from the drones is heard by the grey ones and the Major.

"Shit!" muttered Williamson, "Command, this is Major Williamson, I have reported hearing drone gunfire above, where's those reinforcments!?"

"Oh, Major, I neglected to tell you, Reinforcements are already establishing a base camp 30 Km west of your location, hopefully they will march in soon."

"Thanks..."
03-12-2011 03:35 AM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: d2fe0c599e.png]

"So by that logic, if you are a voice module, to the box, and you don't know the password."
"since your supposed to recognize it, the only possible password is that there is no password"

"Uh GRN, what kind of AI you think they are running, cause those turrets fired at the wall for no reason..."
"lulz, i want to know what kind of AI runs this box that has a password but doesent"

RED concentrates even harder

"NNNGAGSADEGNNNNN just....a....little....more..."

in 2 turns something exiting will happen

03-12-2011 03:58 AM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

*due to my units not moving or doing anything, I hid the image here because it's useless to post it again and making the page larger*
Spoiler :
[Image: 8f87e2214c.png]

"Well, it's not that simple," Explains the crate, "You see, I am a voice module, I take your input from your language of choice, which I detect based on brain or sensor waves emitted from your onboard AI unit or brain, then I send this entry to the password module who checks it with about 42 different modules that work as fail safes to keep it secure, then they input back to me if it's correct if not, if it is, I transfer the message over to the relay chip who uses the broadcasting module to broadcast to a main hub computer that stores the logs of when it was opened and what crate it was, it then sends back the signal which is then sent again through the broadcasting module to the locking mechanisms module who in effect unlocks the crate."

"What we contain, I can't tell you, we don't have internal sensors to know what's in us."
--
"Command, where are the damn reinforcements?"
"Oh, they got stuck in a bad storm, you'll have to wait for it to die down!"
"damn it!"

Reinforcements delayeOhNo1 turn
03-12-2011 04:58 AM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: aa3d9ea09e.png]

"im going to drop the box off behind the hill. that little pile of metal looks too suspicious to be putting anything on it...."
"I would have just put it there"

RED is now RAGING

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"*LEGASP* HIS POWERLEVEL. ITS OVER WHO CARES!"
"shuuuuuuttttt upppppppp"

In 1 Turn something will happen

"Say... you dont think theyre calling in any...."

"Nah, i would doubt it"

"Say, Mr Crate of Secrety Secretude.... would you open... for.... cake??"
"HEY, YOU CANT JUST GIVE HIM OUR CAKE!!!"
"he has secret military weaponry!"
"..."

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 05:59 AM by Edman.)
03-12-2011 05:44 AM
Dr.Velociraptor Offline
Commando

Reinforcements arrive, 6 soldiers total, one sniper, 4 normal troops and an anti-armor unit.

[Image: 0be4882671.png]

"Move up!" shouts the soldier in front, "Secure the objective, search for survivors."
03-12-2011 04:07 PM
Edman Offline
Recruit

[Image: cb49e28e21.png]

A Vortex appears above the metal pylons

"well, now all we need is for the package to drop..."
"how long does that take?"
"about five minutes.."
"do you still have to chant for that?"
"not as hard."