Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
It's About Time! - Chocobo VS. Metal Chao [New Forum Edition]
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

Re: It's About Time! - Chocobo VS. Metal Chao [New Forum Edition]

[Image: BNshJ.png]
Once again the enchanted sword raises itself, parrying the arrow in an explosion of light and sparks.
Bloodaxe is not particularly amused by any of this, a weapon that fights for you is hardly worth using at all. That said, it seems to be getting heavier as if it is relinquishing more control back to the wielder, is the magic wearing off already?
Bloodaxe would not be suprised if it was, you can never rely on magic.

The river sprite's head explodes under the impact of a heavy wooden barrel, though fortunately this doesn't actually kill it. It isn't exactly much pleased with these developments. It already probably wouldn't have liked the barreler much what with being technically a minion of the enemy but this definitely isn't going to be improving their relationship.

PunchingGreen, sure that this time he has defeated his enemy, stretches in vain to try and retrieve his fist-spikes, but it doesn't look much like that's going to be happening any time soon.

Deeper inside the fortress, the newly empowered mage tests out some of his fantastical abilities, while the tinker and blacksmith have a chat upstairs.
Or rather, the tinker has a chat and the blacksmith replies through his heavy mask in single syllables.
"So no matter what you do it refuses to light?"
"Yup"
"And you're sure you're not just doing it wrong?"
"Yup"
"Well, bugger."
"Yup"
08-10-2011 04:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: X3xu4.png]
Seeing that Dracoco is in danger, the Carrot overheard flies in to fire a volley of arrows at Terranus. He laughs as the projectiles thud harmlessly into his earthen flesh.
[Image: r8UsY.png]
"Even your machines cannot hope to harm me, fleshling! Surrender to your fate!"
Terranus strikes at Dracoco with one of his arms, raising his sword in defence, Dracoco is pushed along the earth he stands on. Seeing this as his time to strike he counter attacks while Terranus recovers from his own blocked attack.
[Image: jjFzK.png]
Dirt and blood fly from the wound which Terranus now has on his arm, roaring in anger he is unable to do anything.
"Your kind will be consumed along with this castle, fleshborn!"
[Image: aA0nq.png]
Thrusting forward, Dracoco stabs the possessed Cocoswald in the eye, causing Terranus to lose control of this clump of earth. Having never possessed bodies before, he finds himself significantly weaker than usual.
[Image: dKqel.png]
Remembering the words on the book, Dracoco feels that now is about the time where everything looks completely hopeless. He looks into the sky and is greeted by nothing. Fate, it would seem, does not smile upon him this day.

The barreller who was knocked back by PunchingGreen, sees his opportunity to strike back. Leaping up, he runs full pelt at the distracted goblin, shoulder barging him and knocking the greenskin clean off his feet.

Wishing he didn't have to wield a stupid Halberd in such a tight corridor, Falcoco is rather surprised to see his weapon change into a mace before his very eyes. Unfortunately it seems the magic has now worn off, but on the plus side he doesn't have to deal with such an impractical weapon for close encounters.
"Yer can turn 'round y'know. We're still havin' a fight aren't we?"
He's not overly impressed that his arrow completely failed to do anything, nor that his enemy now has a magic weapon and he doesn't. In the end though he's still pretty confident that he can win a fight with what seems to be the biggest idiot he has ever met.
08-11-2011 09:19 PM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

[Image: Uvgqg.png]
Alluvion rears out of the newly flowing river... far too late. The Coco's fortress has retreaded into the air. It has escaped him, for now.
No matter, most of the land is now his and this is exactly what he recruited those greenskinned imbeciles for in the first place.
Once new management has been properly installed, it shouldn't take long to rid this land of Terranus forever.
Speaking of which...

The tinker calls excitedly back to his peon partner-in-engineering.
"Hey! Did you see that?! Someone just did real magic! Just imagine what kind of flying machine we could build with magic!"
Alluvion's envoy turns at this and smiles, it seems he won't even need to win over the fortress's leadership in the first place, the goblins will just come directly to him.
[color=seagreen]"I am here to help, any device you wish me to enchant I shall lend my strength to, although there is of course a small price..."

Bloodaxe is too preoccupied to notice his role as commander being subverted. Growing angry with the enchanted blade he hurriedly passes it off to a goblin standing behind him (the glow fading to invisiblity) and instead grabs the stunned recruit's pair of knives, which he flourishes dramatically at Falcoco.
"That was a coward's weapon, now we can fight like men!

Meanwhile, another military engagement, this one outside the fortress, takes a grisly turn.
As the goblin behind reaches up to place PunchingGreen's missing hat back onto his head, he is shoved violently from the front. The goblin brings his arm up in a reflex, driving the blade into the barreler's wood but also managing to slice through... other things.
To add insult to injury, his hat doesn't even stay on.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 04:03 AM by Metal Chao.)
08-14-2011 03:52 AM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: asBtu.png]
Just as he is about to give up hope, a beam of light shoots down in front of Dracoco.
"W-what is this?"
He walks forward, expecting somebody to appear amidst the light.
[Image: iorxD.png]
To his surprise something begins to descend down the light tunnel, shaped suspiciously like armour.
"By her grace...Could it be?"
[Image: zMcDx.png]
The illuminated armour comes to rest before Dracoco. By its side a sword begins to manifest, emitting a light similar to that of the beam from the heavens.
[Image: j6O3G.png]
The light disperses and a bright red suit of armour is left in its wake, it is now that Dracoco finally catches on to what is happening. He closes his eyes, ready to accept this responsibility.
"MotherCoco, I promise to continue the legacy of the Grand Knight. For this moment please lend me your strength so that I might cut down those who oppose us!"
[Image: bTxUR.png]
Donning the suit, Dracoco raises his new sword into the air - The Grand Knight has returned!

Feeling as if the situation pretty much demands him to do so, Calxas forms himself out of the stone behind the evidently disappointed Alluvion.
"Despite having reconnected to the great source, and being larger than at least 5 of myself, you're still looking pretty pathetic there, Alluvion"
He rolls his eyes, uninterested by the whole situation (but still taking joy from annoying both Alluvion and Terranus from time to time)
"It would seem that our dearest Terranus is not particularly bothered about your reconnection. You see, those orange fellows happen to be born of earth. I'm sure you know what that means."
He chuckles, twitching his rocky nose.
"I suppose you two will finally have to play fair hmm? Quite rash of you betraying your fiery friend, I must say. Regardless though, I'm a tad indebted to Terranus, despite his frequent stupidity, so I suppose I'll be smashing some of your minions in the next few hours"
A smug smile forms across his face's stoney surface.

The castle situation is still rather disastrous, with Terranus birthing earthen seedlings at an alarming rate, slowly but surely increasing his power with every possession he performs. The last Coco, the Carrot and the mushroom however, refuse to give up in the face of this monstrous adversity. Still oblivious to what is happening above, the two Barrellers in the lower region of the castle are released to fly into battle alongside the CarrotCopters.

At the Goblin fort, the Barreller stumbles backwards, the axe having penetrated deep enough to kill the Coco inside. Spotting their downed ally the Cocos run towards him and meet for the first time their green adversaries. Rather upset about his comrade's downfall, the front-most Coco shouts various insults at the axe wielding Goblin. Meanwhile Falcoco makes his first strike, using an overhead swing to knock one of the knives out of Bloodaxe's hand.
08-28-2011 11:12 PM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

only four days wait for a reply what is this

[Image: rZH6q.png]
"And you plan to live in the sky forever do you? Pretty much all the stone around here is buried under me you know, and erosion will take care of that eventually. A little out of your element up there, don't you think?
If you think this was the extent of my plans you're less intelligent than I thought, and trust me that would be quite an achievement.
Now I have no time to sit around chatting to rocks, though I'm sure we'll have words again before too long, farewell."

Unwilling to sit there and be bragged at by a piece of cliff face, Alluvion vanishes back beneath the surface of the water.

His emissary, meanwhile, starts tinkering with the newer flying machine.
"Can you just make it magically float in the air?"
"I'm afraid that's not really within my power, I can however do this."
A crackling ball of blue fire pops into existence, just above the wicker basket.
[color=seagreen]"This werelight will provide heat but never burn you or the wooden frame. Hot air rises, so if you place some canvas above it, the heated air will provide the lift you require."
The tinker doesn't seem entirely convinced.
"Hot air doesn't rise though."
[color=seagreen]"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't."
"Yes it does!"
"No see that just doesn't make any sense. I can tell by your hat that you're not really a thinking man so I'll let this one slide but this is honestly a really easy thing to disprove. You see that big glowing circle in the sky? Don't stare too long at it or you'll go blind! That's called the sun and it heats all the air on the planet. By your reckoning hot air rises up, yes? Well if it did then, what with the sun, we wouldn't have any left! You see?"

The emissary sighs and covers his face with his other hand.
"It's magic air."
[b]"OH!"

Above the bickering pair, Bloodaxe steps inside the reach of the mace's long shaft and stabs at the wooden frame of the barreler with his remaining dagger, though by coco standards it may as well be a greatsword!
It might be harder to defend yourself from attack if you're carrying two weapons, but it also gives you far more opportunities to attack back.

On the floor above them the newly empowered chef wanders silently up behind the tinker, raises his arms and floods the room with heat. Fiery runes burn themselves into the surface of the forge and it explodes with flames hotter than any it had previously contained.
"With this forge you will create weapons of great power. This is our gift to you. Do not disappoint."

The axe-wielding goblin sees a group of tiny creatures shouting and charging down the hill towards him and does the only logical thing he can think of in this situation, kicks the still-bleeding, heavily armoured corpse of their dead friend at them. That should shut them up.
09-04-2011 09:22 PM
Rainbows! Offline
Private

Was that little shadowmonster under the bed anything of importance or just an Easter egg?  :f5:
And am I mad or did those training dummies move around?

Match Virgin
09-05-2011 05:18 PM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

What shadowmonster there was no shadowmonster you must be seeing things.
09-05-2011 06:00 PM
Flummox Offline
Particle Oscillator Extraordinaire

Pfft. Everyone knows there are no monsters under your bed. Grow up.
09-05-2011 06:05 PM
Rainbows! Offline
Private

Lies! Lies!
[Image: 5908737c12.png]
[Image: bcfd7a4bb7.png]

Match Virgin
09-06-2011 08:03 AM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

I see no monsters
09-06-2011 02:27 PM
Glowsticks Offline
Private

There's something there.I refuse to add to the conspiracy. THERE ARE SHADOW MONSTERS. :O

[Image: w3Ypa.gif]<br />Hobbesy: &quot;How dare you not include the second letters. You monster.&quot;<br />HK will decimate these disgusting hippies.
09-06-2011 06:02 PM
Rainbows! Offline
Private

They must be crushed under the treads of my oversized tank!

Match Virgin
09-06-2011 06:07 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

What are you talking about. No monsters. Never where.

-Joe Muder, Head of Cover-Ups.

[center]The being known as &quot;Optimus Lime&quot; or, simply, &quot;Optimus&quot;[/center]<br />[center]When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone else's eye.[/center]
09-06-2011 07:19 PM
skaianDestiny Offline
Commando

You guys are crazy. ::)

derp derp derp
09-06-2011 09:39 PM
Tyrannosaurus_Tux Offline
Resident Dinosaur

Really? I didn't notice at all.

Sometimes I do other things but mostly lurk.
[Image: c6M64dg.png]
09-06-2011 09:42 PM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: ZcYE5.png]
Focused hard on killing the spawn of Terranus before him, the Magic knight Coco does not hear the clunk of armour behind him. Unable to ignore the ruckus of an Earthspawn's death throes, he looks behind him to see a Coco wearing the awe-inspiring red armour of the Grand Knight.
"Is that you...Captain?"
"Yes, yes it is"
"Alas then, I am not daydreaming. Things must be worse than I thought!"
"Aye, Terranus has shown his true colours upon the grim realisation that we are born of earth"
"He's taken control of the seedlings, but his spawn are easy to dispatch"
"Not for long, once he is used to controlling this amount of earth he'll be stronger than we can deal with"
"But you're here, Dracoco, with his armour!"
"Let us hope it aids us as much as we need it to"

The rather strange sight of a giant green man booting a Barreller for use as a weapon is not enough to sway the Coco Mage's courage. Lifting his staff into the air he uses the magic stored within to have the machine's remains fly over their heads. Unfortunately the Mushroom behind them is not quite so lucky, much to his new Knight friend's dismay, his armour no match for the bulk of a barreller crashing into his flimsy body. In retaliation, the Magic knight behind the Mage uses his sword to manipulate the earth located above the Goblin and throws several large chunks of it into the Barreller kicking menace's face.

Trying his hardest to ignore the damage dealt to his favourite barreller (and to a lesser extent the fact he has just been stabbed in the face with a sword) Falcoco slides back a few feet and sweeps his mace under Bloodaxe's feet, sending him slightly off balance.
09-07-2011 04:59 PM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

[Image: 2oulw.png]
Bloodaxe slips and falls onto the ice, sliding backwards across the slippery surface but grabbing his old knife on the way. Unable to do anything else he hurls one of the weapons at his opponent, though the spin put on it means it's more likely to hit hilt-first.
Temporarily blinded by dust and dirt, the warrior stumbles backwards as well, grabbing the coco's big fancy stick off the ground to support himself. Unlike Bloodaxe, he doesn't land on ice and manages to regain his balance, waving the stick around randomly while he blinks grit out of his eyes.

One goblin takes off in his pedalcopter to clear space while another goblin folds a big hide balloon around the magical flare. Unfortunately, it seems he isn't alone in the sky, and is completely unarmed.
So absorbed he was with his dreams of flying, it is only at this point that the tinker notices the severed head that's been on the ground next to him this whole time, it's rather disconcerting to say the least.

The spring spirit is not having a very fun day.
10-04-2011 03:56 AM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: t619R.png]
Seeing the thrown blade en route to his face, Falcoco steps back a few paces and swings his Barreller round to grab Bloodaxe's weapon with relative ease. He focuses on the stumbled War chief before him and simply laughs.
"Nice footwork yer've got there, lad. Bahahah!"
The three Cocos near Punching Green's remains all raise their weapons into the air and focus on their new target. The earth begins to pull from the ground beneath his feet, lifting him up into the air, unable to really do much but get angry. Meanwhile the Barrellers above have a split second to react to the Goblin machine raising out of their fortress, the first narrowly dodges the contraption but loses control of his Barreller and begins hurtling towards the Goblin fortress. The other is more fortunate and has just enough time to fire off an arrow, hitting the machine albeit rather uselessly.

The Mushrooms all inside the castle feel their comrade's death on their connected mushroom hearts, turning to each with tear streamed faces they all let out a simultaneous cry of anguish at their parody of an existence. In what can only be described as a horrific and depressing scene, the four mushrooms release their grasp of the crank handles and run towards the openings in the bottom of the castle. It is a Mass Mushroom suicide, the likes of which has never been seen before.

Terranus, feeling rather smug about this whole situation decides to appear as close as he can to Alluvion. Forming out of the earth with his typical grin, he calls for Alluvion to appear from out of the newly formed river.
"Oh Alluvion! I think it is high time we had a word, don't you? After all, I'm not seeing much of you despite having reconnected to your apparently Great Source. Do you still fear me?"
10-14-2011 12:21 AM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

[Image: 001.png]
Bloodaxe is annoyed but doesn't dignify his opponent with a response, mostly because he has little enough dignity to spare in his position. Before he comes to a stop, he flies backwards into a spectating goblin who is launched into the air, hurling the large obsidian blade that is the Extinguished Sword of Incendis towards the opposing Coco as he drops towards the thin bridge of ice.

The goblin in his pedal-powered helicopter panics at the arrow and begins to ascend faster to get out of the way, an action that is actually totally pointless.
A little way below, the tinker takes his rapid ascent as an all clear and releases the anchors on his own contraption. The newly dubbed "cold air balloon" slowly begins to rise out of the fortress as well, filling a large section of the nearby airspace with a large leather sack of gasses.

At Terranus' urging, a bulbous and distinctly not-Alluvion-ous shape slowly bubbles up from the torrent of water flowing from the source. It fixes the muddy head above with the best disdainful look you can make with one eye and transparent eyelids.
"The Master has deigned you beneath his notice for the moment and deigned to send Abysson, Lord of Darkened Pools in his place.
Whilst any task from the Waterlord is indeed a great honour I wish to spend as little time as possible polluting myself with the presence of your essence, so I must inquire, do you have something worth saying or is this a social call?
I must regretfully inform you that it will take quite some story to convince me that anything you have to say is worth hearing, so do try your best. I will attempt to ignore my distaste for your presence long enough to listen."
12-07-2011 07:44 PM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: cocomedi59b.png]
The sword thrown by the airborne Goblin hits hard against Falcoco's Barreller, severing a foot and badly damaging the bottom of the Barreller and sending it sliding backwards across the ground.
[Image: cocomedi59a.png]
The Barreller out of control almost has as little success as Falcoco at escaping damage, but manages to crash into the Goblin's fortress only taking damage to his propeller. Remembering the fact that there was a hole in front of him, he times a beautiful jump as his spinning Barreller's feet touch the ground, propelling him through the hole and face to face with a magic wielding chef.
[Image: cocomedi59c.png]
Taking a quick glance at the white clothed Goblin before him, the Pilot takes note of the green feller's rather bright hands. He does what apparently comes naturally to him and mimics the sort of magic that the Goblin is using.
"Two can play at that game! Let's do this, SparkleFingers"
The other pilot sort of just stands still after landing, staring dumbfounded at the massive white balloon raising out of the fortress.

Crawling out of his wrecked Barreller, Falcoco picks up (with a bit of difficulty!) the Goblin's smaller blade and walks towards the edge of the ice.
"That's just not on, lad! Breaking me barreller like that. I've 'ad her fer yonks y'know!"
He sighs, now ignoring the flying Goblin and focusing on the downed Bloodaxe.
"Let's finish this, yer green brute!"

Back in the Castle, things aren't looking too great. Terranus' power grows ever greater as newly produced seedlings are possessed and reduced to earthen mass, given enough time it is likely the castle will be completely replaced with bits of Terranus and his minions.
"Captain, we can't win this! He keeps growing bigger and bigger"
"Fools talk! Deal with the remnants up here, I'm getting down those stairs and finishing this!"
Due to the amount of power he has now amassed, Terranus is able to simultaneously speak in many places around the area and takes this time to do just that.
"A knight in red hmm? Were you the one that bested the husked body of your friend upon the top of this castle?"
"That is me, yes. You won't get away with this!"
"It really is quite shocking how often you flesh-types say such things! Spare me your quaint sense of justice and submit to me!"

Meanwhile the falling Mushroom sees his friends splat into the ground, tears stream from his face as his sadness turns to regret. Mushroom Suicide is a horrible thing.

Looking disdainfully upon the curved mass of water before him, Terranus' grin turns to a frown.
"There is a reason I have never seen nor heard of you, minion. The master that you so shamefully serve is a fool to send you in his place, what makes you think you are worthy of being this close to me?"
As he talks, the dirt around him begins to form into tentacles, two of which he dips into the water to show the elemental before him why exactly he is here to boast. (Though he is rather unaware that Calxas already told Alluvion of the situation!)
"Do you feel that? It is the very essence you apparently deplore growing at an alarming rate. You see, minion, the creatures who foolishly followed my words are born of earth, a lucky find I might add. If your pitiful intelligence can not work out what that means, I have a steady supply of the fleshling's young, constantly adding to that which I hold dominion over."

His face remains in a scowl, staring down the Water Lord's minion without so much as a wink.

"This means, oh lord of darkened puddles, that we are on equal footing. You have no chance of winning as your master has betrayed your only ally. A foolish move indeed."

He lets out a forced chuckle, evidently unimpressed by the minion before him.

"Tell this to your master, if he does not wish to face me himself. I'll look for you when earth has control once again, Abysson, and I will grant you your own little puddle to stay in!"
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 09:32 PM by SuperChocobo.)
12-09-2011 03:47 AM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

[Image: 002.png]
The airborne goblin crashes through both sheets of enchanted ice, sending shards flying in all directions. His arrival in the source chamber might have interrupted the conversation of the spirits, had Abysson been paying any attention.
Instead, the messenger spirit floats himself backwards in revulsion, away from Terranus's muddy tendrils. His own tentacles flare up in annoyance.
"Must you foul the waters so? It will all be pointless in the end.
If you knew the things that the master planned you would not be so cocky. You really think your flying lump of rock will be enough to save you?
Stone is barely your dominion to begin with, and already our own surrogate warriors are preparing to bring it back within His reach. You only delay the inevitable.

...Did you think you were alone in recruiting servitors amongst the mortal? Please! The thought was in the Waterlord's head eons before it bubbled up (purely by chance I have no doubt) from whatever fetid swamp you use for a brain.
You wish to bargain? Alluvion hears all that I hear and all that I say! Even were your offers worth listening to I could hardly accept!
Here is a different offer: surrender yourself now and I will hide you deep within the sunken cracks of the world, where Calxas can never know your betrayal. You know full well his erosion will take far longer than yours, do you not see how he is spending you to strengthen his own position?
No, of course you don't. Such strategy is clearly beyond you. I expect even Incendis had more foresight than you did and his remains adorn the lakebed even now."

Back upstairs, Bloodaxe is finding it hard to keep from bursting into laughter.
"You thought to to ridicule me when this is what you look like without your clothes on?
You're barely tall as a that knife you're holding, man! What hope do you think you even have here?
And there I was thinking I'd found myself a worthy rival, let's just end this quickly."

On the floor above, the drowned chef doesn't feel any similar need to exchange banter, simply raising one flickering hand and discharging a ball of flames directly towards the waiting barreler.

The pilot of the pedalcopter regrets ever inventing his device, as arrows whizz past his head and embed themselves in the wooden frame of his vehicle. He glances towards the sky to see where he is going and a muddy face leers back at him. It seems he has run out of up.
The Cold Air Balloon pilot, however, is completely unaware of any danger at all, having zoned out from the pleasure of being airborne. Spotting the enemy machine (or "demon" as the goblins yet still believe) standing right next to the ascending basket, one heroic archer leaps from the goblin's base into the balloon, pushing the tinker off the side and out of harm's way.
Unfortunately, his heroics become unnecessary only seconds later as the axegoblin outside the fort becomes tired of dealing with mages and changes his attention to the enemy they have so conveniently lifted him towards.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 01:12 AM by Metal Chao.)
12-13-2011 01:08 AM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: cocomedi60a.png] [Image: cocomedi60e.png] [Image: cocomedi60f.png]

Falcoco rolls out the way and narrowly dodges the landing Goblin Warchief. The force of the attack sends Bloodaxe's sword through the very stone he landed on, had it hit Falcoco he would have undoubtedly been killed outright.
"I may be small, yer great bruiser,  but I'm also quick!"

The barreller fighting the goblin he has named SparkleFingers, performs a rather beautiful acrobatic jump over the chef's fireball attack. He actually wasn't expecting to make the jump at all, the roof is low and Barrellers aren't really meant for stunts. He didn't really expect a fireball to fly out of his opponent's hands either, so he can safely say stranger things have happened!

On top of the Goblin Fort, the unsuspecting Barreller feels a strange thud on the top of his machine. Not quite sure what is going on, the barreller begins to tilt forward due to some unseen weight! Suddenly the weight is relieved and the culprit is spotted: The goblin's axe has been wedged in the barreller and the wielder comes flying over having lost grip of his weapon.

[Image: cocomedi60b.png] [Image: cocomedi60c.png]
The fight continues between the tiny Falcoco and the large Bloodaxe, several sword clashes sending sparks flying and echoes of iron on iron through the fortress halls. Each attack from Bloodaxe serves to wear Falcoco down, the Goblin's strength obviously far great than his own. Hoping that this will be enough, Falcoco spots an opening and stabs Bloodaxe in the knee. Unfortunately this seems to have just made him more angry!

[Image: cocomedi60d.png]
Bloodaxe charges forward, ignoring the cut in his knee and kicks Falcoco full on in the face. He is sent flying towards his barreller, the force of the kick disorienting him.

[Image: cocomedi60g.png]
"Spare me your attempts at trickery, little droplet. Unlike your kind, born of unpredictability, we are born of order. Stone owes me a debt, fool, a debt that it will pay no matter the cost. I do not expect you to understand such things, honour is far from your comprehension. For all the intelligence you claim to have, you do not seem to truly realise what your situation is. While Calxas and his minions do not feel your effects quite like I do, each time you erode a stone, it adds to the soil I keep hidden beneath you - your currents and flows merely move me, they do not diminish my power"
Terranus extends an arm, ready to attack Abysson and begins to chuckle.
"Your strength simply does not matter to me, for I will never be gone from this world, if I am defeated all I need do is bide my time as your very eroding nature adds to my power. Though talk of this eventuality is moot, as today I shall not be defeated and I will see to it that all your kind is trapped in the very core of this planet and evaporated until nothing remains!"
Earth from beneath Terranus begins to encroach into the water, as his chuckle turns into a laugh.

[Image: cocomedi60h.png]
"I grow weary of this pointless banter, Abysson"
Terranus fires a clump of earth at the minion of Alluvion, intending to disgust more than to harm. The earth below him produces a platform with the obvious intention to do battle with the forces of water here and now.
"Come out from hiding Alluvion, your minions stand no chance against me! Show me that pathetic form of yours so that I might murk its waters and take your power for myself"
He roars the ancient earthen call of war, an issue of challenge few elementals can deny.
"Let us finish this once and for all!"

Dracoco stands in the desecrated Seedling breeding area, the forms of Terranus and his minions dying down.
"That is it? After all that talk you are beaten?"
The voice of an earth spirit replies to him, its tone giving evidence that it is not Terranus responding
"Not by a long shot, little creature. Our lord has request that our attentions be focused elsewhere, your time will come fleshling...be sure of that"

Falcoco lays in his Barreller, winded and in pain from the kick of Bloodaxe. He relaxes his muscles and lays back, smiling at the Goblin Warchief.
"Yer've got me beat, lad. I don't think a've quite 'ad a fight like that before. Go'an then, finish it!"
While he doesn't particularly want to die, Falcoco realises that he can't really do much else in this situation. More than anything however, he's just glad he gets to die inside his favourite barreller.

Upstairs, the glowing fists Barreller lands from his acrobatic jump and punches the chef square in the neck. Even though his fists are filled with magical energy, the washed out green feller before him barely responds or even moves. He is sort of disappointed by the lack of reaction! The fireball fired from said chef continues onwards, but begins to fizzle out as it reaches the outside of the fortress. Fortunately for the goblin in the balloon, the chances of the fire hitting him are very slim!

The Goblin who attacked the Barreller from behind finds himself on the floor in front of his enemy, having botched his attempts at a pre-emptive strike. Luckily for him though, his enemy now has a giant axe protruding from his Barreller, meaning he'll be unable to maintain balance without massive difficulties! The three Cocos who helped him into that position forget about him for now and charge into the castle, hoping to find some other enemies to dispatch.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 09:32 PM by SuperChocobo.)
12-17-2011 02:47 AM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

[Image: 003b.png]   [Image: 003a.png]
It looks like it's curtains for the unfortunate Falcoco. Still wary of any tricks, Bloodaxe half creeps, half limps towards him.
"I won't pretend it wasn't fun lad, but it's only a fool keeps his enemies alive for a laugh. And it'll take me hours to grow back my knee.
I don't expect your friends missed their chance to press the attack while I was distracted either, have to commend you on that one."

Surprisingly Falcoco doesn't try anything sneaky, and Bloodaxe raises his weapons for the killing blow.
"'Least I learned you're all tiny round buggers rather than demons, wasn't a complete waste of time."

The other Coco invader has had far more success. Apparently his single, magically charged blow was all it took to knock the giant man clean out, as he just topples over onto the floor.
Flushed with pride over his incredible skill (jumping over a fireball and then felling a giant in a single blow isn't something that happens every day) he strikes a victory pose.

[Image: 003.png]
Alas, the downed chef picks that moment to disgorge a thick column of animated water that delivers a sodden fist right into the Barreler's face, sending it teetering off balance.
"Proved my suspicion that magic is a whole load of sparkly uselessness too.
Now where the hell did my hat get to?"

The clod of magical dirt punches a hole in Abysson's chest. This seems rather unlikely when you think about it, but then again you have to remember that little of what is actually happening in a battle between elementals is visible on the physical plane. Probably some great magic is at work here and it is incredibly impressive, but all we can see here is some dirt flying into someone and leaving a big hole.
What a shame.
Anyway it left him far from pleased. It seems that actual physical confrontation was finally enough to jolt him out of the imperious, dismissive attitude he was assuming and get him properly angry. He puffs himself up to a fairly impressive full size and shakes the cavern with his voice.
"Such arrogance! You overstep your limits, Terranus!
You dare attack me here? You are out of your element!
I care not for our plans, I will crush you here for your insolence!"

The river boils to life in response.

Alluvion is not best pleased.

Meanwhile, the smaller group of river spirits located under the fortress is engaged in a spot of experimentation. As far as they have figured out, a dead goblin seems to make as good a host as a live one. Perhaps better in fact, as they don't tend to complain when their limbs are bent the wrong way and there are extra convenient holes. The seapriest offers them another sacrifice, but the Tinker (who has just gained new insight into the mechanics of flying machines via concussion-based inspiration) manages to escape his grasp before he too is thrown into the pit.
Oh well, it's only a matter of time.

The armoured spirit-corpse raises its oversized morning star with a dexterity no goblin could ever have matched, standing in wait for the earth-minion horde it can see approaching, while its brother creeps around in order to flank them.
The Cocos don't really look like either Calxas' or Terranus' usual servants, but these ones have a definite stench of earth magic around them. With the building anger of their progenitor, the spirits aren't really in the mood to ask questions about why this might be.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 05:01 AM by Metal Chao.)
12-27-2011 04:58 AM
SuperChocobo Offline
Super Moderator

[Image: cocomedi61a.png] [Image: cocomedi61b.png]
The barreller stops his staring and decides to fire his two arm arrows at the green feller dangling from the giant balloon contraption, moments after he curses to himself for not thinking about aiming for the balloon. I suppose it's hard to think straight when you have a giant axe sticking out of your head and a large green man aiming a crossbow at you.

The Carrot in the Magicoppit ends up losing control of his machine, deciding he'd rather not be inside it when it crashes, he opts to jump out. As he falls he admits to himself that he's a pretty lucky Carrot, not many of her Grace's gifted can say they have been in a flying castle, driven a helicopter and skydived.

[Image: cocomedi61c.png]
Terranus snarls at the fully powered water spirit before him, having dealt with Alluvion most of the time, he is used to an opponent who acts superior but knows his place and which battles he can win or lose. This change in behaviour disgusts the Master Earth spirit, who takes great insult in Abysson's show of force.

"You would show this form to me, Abysson? If you are what represents the best of those under Alluvion's command, I pity what the rest must be like. You are as disrespectful as you are ignorant!

Your master has only just reconnected with the great source, something even he could not perform without the aid of his pathetic fire ally...Yet here you are, a minion who's power pales in comparison to the one who he serves.

Do you know who you challenge, Lord of Darkened pools? Do you realise the foolish mistake you have performed, the inevitable doom you have brought unto yourself? You do not deserve to even whisper my name, you are but a leak to be blocked by that which I hold dominion over! I am Terranus, Lord of Earth, and you have met your demise, little droplet!"

Pushing as much earth forward as he can, Terranus engulfs a nearby water spirit. Above Abysson, earthen hands form from the cave's roof and grab each of the water tentacles nearby.

[Image: cocomedi61d.png]
Terranus roars in anger whilst he drives his fist into Abysson's eye.
"None of you stand a chance! Is this truly all water has to offer?!
He clenches his hand around the eye and rips it out, the magic energy of Abysson being absorbed into the Earth lord's body. Now getting incredibly impatient, he shouts at the water in a voice which shakes the earth and echoes loudly through the caves.
"SHOW YOURSELF ALLUVION!"

Continuing the charge with his comrades, the Mage Coco at the entrance to the Goblin fort fires a blast of elemental magic at the strange leaky armour before him. He's not quite sure what throwing dirt at an armoured magical being is going to do, but that's all he seems to be able to cast with his abilities. Of course, this Coco has no idea how exactly all this elemental battling works, and he would be quite surprised to find out that the spell he cast is actually marginally formidable...Despite looking like a big wad of mud.

The barreller decides that he doesn't really like his new hat and reaches up to grab the axe stuck in his barreller. After a few seconds of struggle he pulls it free and points it at the green men before him. He isn't quite sure how he's going to attack them whilst they're flying away, but he hopes it looks somewhat intimidating and not just plain dumb.

The carrot stands next to the downed Coco as Dracoco makes his way back up the stairs.
"I could do nought to save him, captain"
"Our foe is strong, I fear even if you were there to help him things would have been the same"
"The earthen constructs seem to be retreating though...Has something happened?"
"I'm not sure, but I think their leader has told them to take the battle elsewhere"
"A wise move, we are but two, after all"
"Aye, but he'd do well not to underestimate us. I wear the armour of the Grand Knight himself. I'm going to get off this fortress and battle them below - My soldiers need me"
"I will join you then, captain"
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 09:33 PM by SuperChocobo.)
01-03-2012 01:34 AM
Bikkel Offline
Private

woah, i am intimidated by the text, but the pictures are p cool. (i should read this match some day)

Look at my balls<br />[Image: oldbutstillfresh2.png]<br />Bikkel fanart
01-03-2012 03:33 AM