• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hores vs Flummox: Its ok to be afraid
Hores Offline
Recruit

Hores vs Flummox: Its ok to be afraid

[Image: PW_Match_11.png]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE&feature=ymg[/youtube]
Viva La Vida - Coldplay

Once a great and mighty empire ruled over the world, this nation was called Great Brietania. The soldier of this nation fought any enemy without fear and coward. They never retreaded no matter how large in numbers the enemy was nor how powerful they weapons they faced. They have lost a lot on the way to global domination, but thousands of people dying couldn't stop the Great Brietania general and king Saint Gelli the First. (Gelli pronounced Jill) Unfortunalty Gelli was to demanding and his own troops turned against him and started WW4. The fighting was as gory as any story teller could ever tell it lasted centuries. 100 years later the fighting still continues leaving cities empty, roads deserted, skies empty, and forest without life. the fighting has died down in those 100 years  but fight still rage in several of the capital cities, of people fighting for control. Scientific research is being held for strong weapons. Now in the year 2068, one has been found, and its lost control.

[Com] "You have been order to send a squad of men to the lab in area 5506; code named Marshal."
[Sargent Andrew] " Copy that, I'll send in my best men."
[Computer] /::::Communications lost::::\

A small caravan of one tank and a Jeep speeds its way down the destroyed free way, on its way to Marshal city. Three men sit in the Jeep silently awaiting there stop. The radio plays the same old shit it always do old 2038 music replayed over and over again with occasional news bulletins about people being forced to join a shit ragtag team of people they call a army. As the Jeep and the tank approach its destination, a small conversation heats up in the jeep.    

[Radio] "Every last man in Brietania, (what is left of it that is) has been ordered to server in his Majesties glorious army. Those who disobey the Majesties orders will be shot."
[CPL Smith] "Can you believe this crap, when I first came to Brietania they promised me a life without fear or death. next thing I know Im being shipped out to the front lines in Frains!"
[Sargent Andrew] "Keep it down slingshot if the General hears you yelling shit like that about Brietania he'll shoot you personally.:]
[CPL Smith] "Yeah yeah Sarg. Remind me why are we going to Marshal any ways hasn't that place been cleared off Rebs awhile ago, and was't there this top secret investigation of sorts not to long ago?"
[Sargent Andrew] "Most of the reason are top secret. But other then that we need to find some sort of lab."
[CPL Smith] "Then why are they sending in us!? They know we have the worst success rate in the company."
[Sargent Andrew] "Hey be happy we were even given a mission least we can get payed a bit more green"
[CPL Smith] "Yeah I guess your right."

Silence once again fills the cabin of the Jeep when there about to enter Marshal. Not knowing of the dangers they will have to over come.

(I hope you guys will sit back and relax and enjoy this match. Flummox and I will try our hardest to get turns posted up at least once per day. Other then that injoy! :buddy:)
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2011 03:48 PM by Hores.)
10-24-2011 03:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flummox Offline
Particle Oscillator Extraordinaire

Re: Hores vs Flummox: Its ok to be afraid

Throughout its years as a mighty and powerful empire, and on its way to becoming one, Great Brietania made quite a few enemies. Though most of these were torn to shreds during the war, their tattered remains continued to resist Brietanian forces. Millions of troops stood against Brietania in its glory days, though those resisting men were divided into thousands of factions.
Divided we fall.
United we stand.
The old idiom.
The separate factions knew they would fail without union. But none of them wanted to be the one to be peaceful. Peace is a weakness, most especially in a tribal and barbaric system. None wanted to risk their neck and trust the other clans. None wanted to take the chance of getting a stab in the back.
But eventually, a powerful and charismatic leader by the name of Raymond arose within one of the factions. A brilliant military commander and political genius, he quickly conquered and gained the respect of the majority of the other tribes. A powerful new force to be reckoned with, he commandeered everyone's attention. Including that of Great Brietania.
As tensions escalated between the two forces, each side built up its military strength and technology.
Eventually, Raymond attacked the Brietanian capitol with all of his military might. This was the beginning of the so called Raymond's Rebellion.
He besieged the capitol for days on end. But King Saint Gelli had another trick up his sleeve. Outmaneuvering Raymond's forces, he marched out of the capitol and destroyed Raymond's hometown and base of all operations. Raymond's entire family was killed in the attack. He was also left without any source of supplies.
Desolate and ragged, Raymond's men were quickly captured and defeated.
Raymond was executed the day after along with all his men.
Raymond's Rebellion had been a complete and utter failure. Great Brietania went on existing.
But, years later, the Brietanian Civil War broke out.

On another note, in the mountains of Nepal, called the Himalayas, there was once a fierce tribe of warriors and mercenaries known as the Gurkhas. They were trained from birth in the art of war. Their Kukri knife instilled terror in the hearts of British soldiers during the Gurkha War. Impressed, the British hired Gurkhas to fight for them in Adolf's War, known then by the archaic term "World War II." The oxygen-deprived environment of the Himalayan mountains proved to be invaluable for the Gurkhas. When they trained at the altitude, everything was made much more difficult by the thin air. Their bodies developed more red blood cells to supply oxygen to their body. This meant that when they left the mountains and went down to a normal altitude, they were given an almost superhuman amount of endurance and strength.

The Gurkhas have long since faded away. But their legacy lives forever.

A group of similar philosophy and technique has arisen. They call themselves the Adhakki.
They train in depressurized airships, high above the ground, leaving them in a similar oxygen-deprived environment.
They have even developed a similar bladed arm -- though twice as long and sharp.
Incredibly silent, stealthy, and absolutely terrifying in their jet black suits with green-lensed steel masks, they have been making their profession as assassin-mercenaries.

Now, the faltering and torn remnants of Raymond's supporters have pooled what remains of their wealth and hired the Adhakki to take out prime targets and to steal information to ensure the downfall of Great Brietania.

[Image: 3e760af78f.png]

Their operating system works without the installation of commanding officers. Every Adhakki is equal, and they work as a team.

"Now remember," says one, "We've been informed of some sort of confidential project here. Remember, we're just here to check it out, steal some papers if there are any, and take out anyone on the way."
"Right." says another.
One hangs onto the edge of the building, scouting out the area.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011 06:12 AM by Flummox.)
10-25-2011 06:06 AM
Hores Offline
Recruit

[Image: PW_Match_12.png]
The three guys in the Jeep hop out and head into the small apartment building. Unknowing what they have ahead of them, they start to chat about they're plan on getting to the lab safe in case there are some enemies that found out about the lab.

[Sargent Andrew] "Ok men we have a job to do. We have to get to the other side of this here city. We have reports of enemy units in this sector. We have no idea what we are looking for so keep an eye out for a kind of weapon."
[CPL Smith] "Sir do you think we should let the new guy head to the roofs?'
[Sargent Andrew "That is a great idea, private head up to the roofs ASAP."

Meanwhile back at the tank. One of the men in the tank climbs out with a couple of sand bags and sets up a small barricade.

[SFC Conor] "God i always have to do this shit!"

Somewhere deeper in the city. A black mass of shadow slowly comes out of the dead body in on of the smaller buildings. The black mass laughs at the blood mass of death it created.

Hehe that was fun. We should do it again sometime mister. I told you its ok not to be afraid hehe
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011 08:44 PM by Hores.)
10-25-2011 03:33 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

Hores I can't see your picture :O

[center]The being known as &quot;Optimus Lime&quot; or, simply, &quot;Optimus&quot;[/center]<br />[center]When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone else's eye.[/center]
10-25-2011 07:20 PM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

I can see it fine, but it is Filesmelt. You're not viewing it from a public computer by any chance are you?
10-25-2011 08:45 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

I was, but now that I'm on my laptop I'm good. Wierd.

[center]The being known as &quot;Optimus Lime&quot; or, simply, &quot;Optimus&quot;[/center]<br />[center]When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone else's eye.[/center]
10-25-2011 08:48 PM
Hores Offline
Recruit

At first it was uploaded from cubeupload, now its filesmelt they are both being bitchy lately, for me.
10-25-2011 08:50 PM
Optimus Lime Offline
Commando

You should just use the forum uploader.

10-25-2011 08:55 PM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

(10-25-2011 08:48 PM)Optimus Lime link Wrote:  I was, but now that I'm on my laptop I'm good. Wierd.

Nah, most public networks block it because it hosts a lot of infected files.
10-25-2011 09:12 PM
Flummox Offline

[Image: 6a28350fca.png]
The Adhakki hanging onto the building drops and rolls, making a light thud but no significant noise. He comes up with knife ready. Spying the rooftop entrance to the building, he makes his way towards it.
Meanwhile, the second man covers for him with his pistol. One living witness to their progress and the entire mission could be a failure.
Another comes up behind him and waits for some action.
The last covers their advance with his blade.
Wordless, they carry out their actions. Alerting anyone to their presence could make the difference between life and death.
Endless days of practice ensure that they do not make a mistake. Their actions are all in tandem.
10-26-2011 04:22 AM
Hores Offline
Recruit

The black mass expands and starts growing over to the other building to say...hello to the other Brietaniains grunts, that where once in charge of protecting the weapon. The scientists had no idea what hey were going to create. They continued with their research, because Gelli wanted this super weapon for his own, he wanted more power then he already had. But When he die people gradually slipped away from the, what they used to call the Shade Project, to go on to easier lives. But when the new general came to power all scientist that left the funding and lab have been searched for and shot for treason. The scientist that stayed were given only enough funds for their research. If they wanted to test something they need to get a volunteer or test it on their selves. One day while two scientist were testing a black goo, one of the happier scientist said he would test it on his self, so he didn't have to harm any other people but himself. When they injected the goo into his body he felt perfectly fine. then, right after he said he was feeling fine he burst into a complete rage killing the other scientist. The Lab was then abandoned, guards were set up around the lab guarding, from the civilians and authorized personal view guarding a quarantined zone. The general told them it war Radio active zone. What they didn't know was that it was actually a super weapon.

[Image: Ph1ghz.png]

[Sargent Andrew] "Ok, lets move out we have ground to cover. New guy get to the roof; see if you can see anything."
[New guy] "Sir yes sir!"

The new guy quickly jogs up the stairs faster then the Sarg and CPL thought he could. But they as well jogged over to the door read to open it up and start their mission.

Hehe, your friends next door seem eager to play with us little Rose. Hehe, we should call them over. HHEHEHEAHAHAHAHE. Mister come here. Hehe we only want to play. Hehe.

One of the last guards of the lab walks slowly to the darkening door. Not knowing that what is really calling him is death himself. He slowly reaches for the door; unable to stop himself he starts to put pressure slowly on the door. The only thing that he can control is his emotions, and the tears slowly dropping from his face to the ground.
10-27-2011 03:30 AM
Flummox Offline

[Image: 8c18abba85.png]
The assassin in front, whose name happens to be Edsel, finds himself thinking rather pessimistic thoughts about this mission as a whole. He realizes that, though most of them have seen years of combat experience, this is the first mission on which they have been given no information about the target, nor is there even a specific target in mind. Rather, their mission is to kill everyone they meet. A rather dishonourable objective, he thinks. The mindless destruction and chaos brought about by the slaughter of men who were simply following orders. A meaningless bloodbath. What good would any of it do? Those Raymond sympathizers...they are wasting their money on something that will not benefit them in the least.
Nevertheless, he readies his blade, and steps towards the staircase. He is just following orders, too.
10-30-2011 04:49 AM
Hores Offline
Recruit

[Image: MLGXs8.png]
The new guy gets on to the roof, running full sprint to get to the edge of the other building hoping he'll see something important to show he is useful. He is probably not going to see anything though so e slows down, running at an average speed. The solders down below him on the other hand have just got into the second building, when they hear a gun shot.
[CPL Smith] "What the fuck was that! I thought they told us this city deserted!"
[Sargent Andrew] 'No Corporal they told us, they lost contact with the lab, and they wanted us to see what is wrong. Don't be surprised if its enemy contact from one of the rebellions."
[CPL Smith] 'God I was hoping for an easy job. Fuck."

Meanwhile at the guards.
'Fuck FUCK GET IT OFF ME! NO, NO, NO!!!!! GO AWAY NO! OH GOD, NOHOHooo" The guard opens fire at the goo. It does little affect, but he does stop, he doesn't want to give up hope. the other guard on the second floor starts to run to his friend.
"I'll save you man!"
"HURRY! OH NOOO! AHHHHH!"
"SAM!"
The goo slowly creeps under the skin of the guard named Sam. Causing slow awful pain up his leg, his leg shakes uncontrollably. He won't be able to stand for much longer, and when he falls he'll land in the goo.
Hehe, that tickles. Stop it. Hehe. Lets play tickle then. Hehe. Oh look your friend wants to play. YAY! HEHEHEHE. Weeee. I got you! The black goo starts to expand, and the shadowy form that was showing up behind the door vanish into the goo.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011 05:59 PM by Hores.)
10-30-2011 05:53 PM
Flummox Offline

[Image: 16647ee073.png]
The gunshot rings out into the crisp afternoon air.
Edsel isn't sure who heard it or not. But where there is gunfire, there are people. And chances are, the people are Brietanians.
He hefts his blade and advances slowly to the door. He isn't sure what he will encounter.
If they are Brietanians, he will kill them. If they aren't... he'll kill them too. The Raymond sympathizers wanted mindless slaughter, and that was what they were going to get.
But if it was Brietanians, who are they fighting? Are there more troops here to help the Adhakki in their mission of destruction? But if so, where were the return shots?
Perhaps it was a bored soldier, shooting at random things for a hell of a good time.
Perhaps it was a soldier shooting at animals... but why would he do that? Is he bored? Is he defending himself? If so, from what? Are there any dangerous animals around here? A snake, perhaps?
Or perhaps there was only one man facing the entirety of Brietania. Perhaps he had been shot and killed in a single hit. A lunatic. A fanatic trying to bring down an empire on his own. Perhaps his own actions had been as futile as theirs would be.
All of these possibilities race through Edsel's mind as he prepares to meet whatever is in the next building.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 06:03 AM by Flummox.)
11-07-2011 04:57 AM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

Describe their actions.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
11-07-2011 06:11 PM
Hores Offline
Recruit

(Note there was a GUN shot not to far away)
I'll wait till you have a ok description before I post up my turn, also not to mention I'm supposed to working on the yearbook right now so :S
11-08-2011 12:38 AM
SniperComZero Offline
Private

Damn, Creepy.
11-13-2011 10:08 AM
SniperComZero Offline
Private

Wait, Are you Controlling the Guards or that Creepy ass Black Goop?
11-13-2011 07:10 PM
Xron Offline
Gotta go fast

He controlling both, and stop double posting.

Spoiler :
[Image: iwKhUHIyGt1p1.gif]
11-14-2011 01:52 PM
Flummox Offline

Alright, I updated the turn description!
11-15-2011 06:03 AM