Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The (not so) official Picture Wars Sig banner making contest!!!
PIN Offline
Private

The (not so) official Picture Wars Sig banner making contest!!!

[Image: 2b2a8890a3ca590892de4ce8c4348526.png]
[glow=red,2,300]Welcome[/glow]

So then. Why did I make this thread? Because, while I was on the IRC chat, a few of us decided it would be a good idea! The current banner (seen above) has, honestly, only got sprites from some of the older armies. We newbies want a chance to shine to! Right? Right. Also, it's too big to be an advertising banner for signatures in most forums, thus, here YOU are, to make a banner.

Of course, there will be some rules.
Your banner size must be no taller than 80 pixels high. No longer than 600 pixels. It can be smaller if you wish, but not by much, please.

You MAY use other people's sprites in your banner. After all, this is the picture wars banner thread, not the "OMG I am so awsome roflmao" thread.
While you may use any program capable of editing pixels you wish, we do not want any special effects from a program like photoshop. Edit the pixels BY HAND! (or mouse, as it may be.)

We do not want your, or anyone else's name on the banner, it's supposed to show off pixeling skill, not how cool of a name you can think up.

Obviously nothing unsavory.

Feel free to post you'r WIPs in this thread.

Be cool   :cop:

So how do we decide who "wins" the contest, getting the (not so) official Picture Wars Banner making Contest award? (nothing) Well, we'll have three judges, dawg.

So just who ARE these omnipotent judges? Well..

For Judge one, we have the rough, tough, undeniably scary Metal Chao!
For Judge two, we have the slim, sexy, ever present SuperChocobo!
For Judge three, we have the automated, constipated A.I, PIN!

When you post up your finalized banner, please also post a link to it so that I may place it in the post bellow. Thank you!
P.s. Something was pointed out to me by SuperChocobo, if you do NOT want your sprites used in someone else's banner, you should say so right here.

I am prone to fits of inactivity, sadly. If I suddeny stop posting, it is NOT because I have left the forum, but because my internet is taking a little hike. I will post back into our match when I can, and assuming you want to continue, we can try to finish up. Please just keep this in mind if you get into a match with me.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 06:27 AM by PIN.)
10-16-2011 05:49 AM
Find all posts by this user
PIN Offline
Private

Re: The (not so) official Picture Wars Sig banner making contest!!!

Reserved.

I am prone to fits of inactivity, sadly. If I suddeny stop posting, it is NOT because I have left the forum, but because my internet is taking a little hike. I will post back into our match when I can, and assuming you want to continue, we can try to finish up. Please just keep this in mind if you get into a match with me.
10-16-2011 05:50 AM
Mirokan Offline
Private

It would also be useful if people would post the units they want to have in the banner in this thread, so it could be used as a resource for aspiring bannermakers.

[Image: ileEZqo.gif]
10-16-2011 03:23 PM
Hobbesy Offline
Friends are few, indeed.

I, for one, prefer the way we made the last banner. No contests or rivalry, just people adding in something from their army.
10-17-2011 01:13 AM
Glowsticks Offline
Private

^seconded

[Image: w3Ypa.gif]<br />Hobbesy: &quot;How dare you not include the second letters. You monster.&quot;<br />HK will decimate these disgusting hippies.
10-17-2011 11:07 AM
Photocopier Offline
Commando

Couldn't the new people just add to the one we already have? there's lots of room and we didn't make it that long ago.

*totally German princess*
10-17-2011 11:48 AM
PIN Offline
Private

While the general consensus seems to be no contests or rivalry, (And that's fine) the problem with adding to the current banner is that it is already so full. If we add more, it's going to look like a mess of colors and shapes.
Of course, we "could" put the new stuff more to the sides, but that will end up covering the grey sprites.
I will edit the OP, if necessary, of course.

10-17-2011 02:27 PM
Metal Chao Offline
Administrator

I thought the idea was that you wanted a banner to advertise with in your signature, not to make a new header, or at least that was the impression I got from you on IRC.
We are not going to make a new header banner!
If you want to add sprites to the one we have at the top of the page at the moment you need only send me the image with your (single) unit added and I can put it up for you.
10-17-2011 02:38 PM
PIN Offline
Private

"I thought the idea was that you wanted a banner to advertise with in your signature."
Yep, that is certainly what I wanted to do, to have a bunch of us try to create a banner for our signatures. I thought if it was competitive, people would be more "into" doing it. I suppose not though.

10-17-2011 02:44 PM
Fatsam30 Offline
Recruit

(10-17-2011 02:38 PM)Metal Chao link Wrote:  We are not going to make a new header banner!
If you want to add sprites to the one we have at the top of the page at the moment you need only send me the image with your (single) unit added and I can put it up for you.
Do we post it on this here or PM it to you?
10-17-2011 02:46 PM
PIN Offline
Private

PM him, since they are two completely different subjects, please.

10-17-2011 02:50 PM
Jafhar Offline
Resident fishman

I might actualy have a go at this, but i will most likely be a while...

and maybe instead of compiling a ton of sprites, we make one, ever changing animated sprite ?.. just an idea..

SPRITE FASTER, COLOUR HARDER, PARTICLE OSCILLATE WITH AGILITY.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2011 01:53 PM by Jafhar.)
11-30-2011 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ghost Offline
Commando

October 17, 2011, 07:50:27

Just an idea...

(10-17-2011 02:38 PM)Metal Chao link Wrote:  We are not going to make a new header banner!

Also this.
12-30-2011 10:36 PM
Thread Closed