Picture Wars

Full Version: Agent's [OLD AND STUPID] Art. Please remove this if you see it :3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BOOM! More art for you all. Who likes homestuck?
[Image: d3a06679c7.png]
I know some of you do. And that person is my homestuck fan-character, he is also very good at programming, and making robots.
EDIT:And hacking, don't forget hacking.
Welcome to the matrix neo
That robot is totally not what Morpheus looks like. You gotta fix that, dude.
Okay, but I'm currently practicing programming.
Bump, with abstract art! I think.
[Image: 926c723f22.png]
Sell it for millions!
Wold you be interested in buying? I'm also working on shading on sketches, but I haven't access to a printer right now. Might post some 3D art later
[Image: 755642cfae.png]

I think I can get at least 2 Million for this.
I'm throwing my money at the screen but NOTHING IS HAPPENING!
Regarding your abstract work agent, it looks okay to me, however its not really my style.
(09-14-2012 10:06 PM)Kittenpillar100 link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm throwing my money at the screen but NOTHING IS HAPPENING!
Regarding your abstract work agent, it looks okay to me, however its not really my style.

Mine is clearly everybodies style.
[Image: affcdf1d16.png]
I drew a tree. I'm going to try to improve on my digital art.
(09-22-2012 09:08 PM)Agent link Wrote: [ -> ][Image: affcdf1d16.png]
I drew a tree. I'm going to try to improve on my digital art.

#1 - everything's plain, if you look at a grassy hill at night it's usually only grass with maybe a dirt patch, not dirt with the odd strand of grass, same story for the tree leaves. Try to make everything green and then highlight the grass strands and leaves in it. This is called Texturing.

Another place where texturing should be used is on the tree trunk. The best idea would be looking at the best, and learning how they do it.
Some good pixel artists include 'Fool', 'Jalonso' and 'Mrmo Tarius' among many, many others. Although you can learn something from everyone, even beginner pixel artists.
Pixeljoint.com is usually where a lot of pixel artist hang out and post work, look for trees.

Find a picture of some trees and just have a look at how they done it.
Here's some quick examples of texturing, on a sphere and on a tree.
Spoiler :
[Image: cc17945a67.png]

[Image: 06346ac60e.png]

The colours also could do with some work, but don't worry as much about this.
http://kiwinuptuo.deviantart.com/art/Pix...-184802567
This is a good tutorial for colours, but because I'm horrible at colours so I find a little trick shown here works for me, unifying the palettes at the dark and light shades.
Spoiler :
[Image: bda4edf2d3.png]
(Look at the palette)

Also the background could use some work, and dithering might be to your liking, try it out.
I'm going to have to do that later O.o But thanks for the C&C, Jafhar!
I'd make the background one flat colour, with maybe some lighter clouds illuminated by a moon. Or stars.
(01-03-2012 05:16 AM)Agent link Wrote: [ -> ]BOOM! More art for you all. Who likes homestuck?
[Image: d3a06679c7.png]
I know some of you do. And that person is my homestuck fan-character, he is also very good at programming, and making robots.
EDIT:And hacking, don't forget hacking.

Is he from scotland? It looks like he has a kilt
(09-27-2012 04:35 PM)Zizou link Wrote: [ -> ]Is he from scotland? It looks like he has a kilt
Or a giant grey diaper.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's