Picture Wars

Full Version: The four-hour war - Agent10361 vs TheL20 - FINISHED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[Image: 9d06a5b404.png]
The assault drone backs up and fires a phaser at rain. He starts sparking out of his frame afterwards. The canopy must have lodged part of is eye into is motherboard.
Scout Commander:Damn right our tech is advanced!

Meanwhile...

Drake:Jones, man the turret. Give that gunship a nice welcome!
Jones:Just because your older doesn't mean I have to follow your orders!
Jones mans the turret and fires off a few plasma rounds. Drake aims his rifle and pulls the trigger.
[Image: 0df75ebcf8.PNG]
With rounds bouncing around everywhere around Andel, he returns fire with the Chaingun.
Andel:"I see our reinforcements on the horizon. With any luck they'll buy us enough time to escape. The drone still alright back there?!?"
Rain gets shot for about the 29th time. This one lucky shot manages to knock off one of her antennae.
Rain:"Bastard shot off my antennae!"
Dynat:"One thing at a time; I'm trying to take care of this guy!"
Dynat grabs one of the drones with his Engineering beam. His plan is to simply pull everything in different directions until the drone rips apart.

Three C.G. Drones arrive. Two of them are normal, while the third has some much thicker plating on it. They speak in voices akin to the Portal 2 Turrets, except for the heavily armored drone. Its voice resembles SHODAN The most.
Drone #1(top):"Targets acquired."
Drone #2(bottom):"Move to terminate?"
Commmand Drone (center):"Affirmative."
[Image: e09a2aae19.png]
The assault drone starts humming. He floats towards the engineer. He is going to blow him up!
Assault Drone:Goodbye.
Drake and Jones fire more rounds at the gunship. One of the rounds that were aimed at Jones' face bounced straight off without dealing damage. The engine of the boat starts sputtering and then stops completely.
Drake:They broke the damn engine!
Jones:You're the one who wants to be an engineer! Fix it!
They don't take notice of the robots floating above them.
The picture won't show up! Fixed but image shack re-sized it what other uploader can I use?

Fixed
[Image: c942e4e9bb.PNG]
The gunship continues on its merry way. Rain climbs into the cockpit and sits down in the Copilot seat. Andel slides up a bit to fit her.
Rain:"You've got a message here... It says that we're giving the drone back to them... IN EXCHANGE FOR A BOAT?!?"
Andel:"What was that?"
Rain deletes the message.
Rain:"Nothing."
Dynat starts ripping the drone apart. He says nothing, his focus is solely on his job.
The trio of assault drones pick their targets.
Drone #1:"Target marked: Pilot."
Drone #2:"Target marked: Boat Rifleman."
Command Drone:"Target marked: Boat Machine gunner."
[Image: a001080d40.png]
Engineer:Did she just say they were giving the drone back in exchange for a boat?! I hope Cobra isn't the one who agreed to do this...
Drake:Well, not much to do now, engine is toast.
Jones:Hey wait, I'm getting a transmission...It's Cobra, why is he contacting ME?! Yes? Alright. I see...Y-yes sir.
Drake:What did he say?!
Jones:He said we are getting the captured drone back, in exchange for this boat.
Drake:How will we get back to base?
Jones:He has a pickup arranged for us.
Drake:Well, what if the Anmosrod trick us?
Jones:We unleash hell.
[Image: a68bfe39dd.PNG]
Rain ponders her decision.
Rain's thought process:If I keep this drone, they're just going to keep shooting at me. But if I give it back, and we get the boat... I could have a yacht!
Rain throws the drone at the boat as fast as she can.
Andel:"What did you just do?"
Rain:"The AI wanted me to give them the drone back so I-"
Andel:"It wanted you to do WHAT?!?"
Rain:"We're getting their boat technology in exchange!"
Andel:"Oh. Wow, they really got the short end of this deal, didn't they?"
Rain:"I know right? We gave them a drone possibly full of secrets in exchange for a boat!"
Andel:"MAN, WE SCORED!"
Dynat:[sarcasm]"Nobody worry about me! My head is just dented in is all! No worries!"[/sarcasm]
Andel:"So how are we going to get the boat out of here?"
Rain:"I think there's a team being sent in."
Andel:"Alright, cool."
The Trio of drones still have their targets. Wether they will shoot or not before the message reaches them has yet to be seen.
[Image: ec142981c9.png]
Drake:Hey! Those drones, hey are heading for us!
Jones:DO SOMETHING YOU IDIOT!
Drake:Their armor is probably thicker than we think, I don't think...Hey wait!
Jones:Lets just hope they get the message before they attack us...

Scout Commander:Us scouts are designed to withstand more damage than you think! And me being a commander makes that A LOT! Hey wait, a transmission...Roger that. Drones, stand down! Open fire ONLY if you are fired at.
The pilot loses his grip on the gunship.
[Image: ef3b3d0d82.PNG]
Drone Commander:"Fire all- Command aborted. Now enacting new orders."
Drone #2:"Warning: projectile is on course to strike previous hostiles in object known as boat."
Drone Commander:"Translation: Hey! You in the boat! Look up!"
Drone #1 positions itself to catch the falling pilot.

The Gunship is about to leave.
Andel:"Finally got a boat."
Rain:"I know! I can't believe it!"
Dynat:"Was it worth it?"
Rain:"Huh?"
Dynat:"Was it worth the deaths of all my friends just for some goddamn boat?"
Rain:"Of course it was! We have made a major stride forward in technology on this da-"
Dynat:"Do you hear yourself right now?! Your whole squad you came here with is dead! All my friends are dead! At the bottom of this goddamn ocean by now! They all died for you! To get that damn drone out of here! And you just throw it back to them and think a fucking boat makes it all ok?!?"
Rain:"But-"
Dynat:"No fucking Buts! I don't care if you're the elitist elite that ever walked out of our production lines! You're a cold, unfeeling, heartless bitch! All you care about is yourself and your own damn wants and needs!"
Rain:"I'm only doing what this goddamn AI tells me to! It told me to give them the drone SO I DID!"
Dynat:"I don't care who sent the damn order! The right thing would have been to fly out of here with that drone and kill them all on the way out! For my Commander! For that Soldier! FOR YOUR OWN DAMN ELITE TEAMMATES!"
Andel:"There will be plenty of time to discuss this once we're back home. Can you hold your personal feelings aside for two more minutes?"
[Image: 3944c2d3e0.png]
The engineer moves in to help.
Scout Commander:I'm heading back to base.
Drake moves back hearing the voice and sees the deactivated drone fall in front of him
Drake:What the-!?
Not much left to this match. I've realized I'm really able to make these turns much faster. Oh well. Such is the fleeting nature of all things.
[Image: 756c1d7c12.PNG]
The Gunship sets it's coordinates for the nearest base.
Andel:"We will be back home in no time at all."
Rain:"Hey, fine by me. When do you think that team will swing by to pick up that boat?"
Andel:"Hopefully after those soldier's pickup arrives."
Rain:"Heh, yeah."
Dynat:"They have medics at the field base, right?"
The drones form a sort of platform for the Pilot to land on.
Command Drone:"Bracing for impact."
The IDFS command drone falls over shortly after hitting the boat.
You're going to like their pickup ;D
[Image: fb29edef2a.png]
An IDFS patrol boat pulls up beside the smaller one.
???:Need a lift?
Drake:Oh, h-hi Cobra...
Cobra:You know what, I'm in a good mood today. I'm giving them that drone along with the boat.
Jones:But sir!-
Cobra:No buts, they deserve it. Besides, we are at peace now, what harm can a bit of knowledge do?
Jones:Yes sir.
[Image: 0ce681125a.PNG]
The pickup arrives. A heavy Dropship and two Remoras burst onto the scene.
Dropship Pilot:"I bet I can pick this up without even stopping!"
Remora Pilot #1:"Sure, I'd love to see that happen!"
Remora Pilot #2:"Hah! Good luck with that!"
Dynat looks down. They're getting the drone after all. All of his friends didn't die for nothing. They died to put together a peace treaty, even if they didn't realize it at the time. That was enough in his mind.
Dynat:"And so ends the 4-hour war between Anmosrod and the IDFS."
The three drones start to lower themselves down twoards the boat.
[Image: d081d419fc.png]
The two soldiers climb into the boat leaving the drone behind.
Drake:What now?
Cobra:We head back to base. And we wait for reports from IDFS-occupied-planets. Our top priority is South Portsvale.
After this post, I think we should both do our last turns and call it a match.
[Image: 8813c19ece.PNG]
The gunship exits, stage left. The drones lower the pilot down to a manageable height to let him off.

The Pickup team gets ready to pick that boat up. The Dropship lowers two magnets on the end of a bit of nanocabling. He has no intentions of missing.
Dropship Pilot:"Magnetics are lowered and powered up. I'm bringing her in!"
Remora Pilot #1:"You got this!"
Remora Pilot #2:"No way in hell you get in on the first pass! No way!"
[Image: 3f822253ef.png]
The drones eyes turn blue. There is no longer any threat in the Anmosrod. The boat heads to the eastern base.
Cobra:Something tells me this isn't going to be the last time we see the Anmosrod...

After TheL20 posts his final turn I'm posting my match statistics.
There is but one last thing that needs to be done: The Match needs a name.
[Image: 0218b2a985.PNG]
Dropship Pilot:"Bang! First try! That's 200 Ashts (20 bucks) you owe me!"
Remora pilot #2:"Damnit!"
And with that, the Anmosrod fade from view, boat and drone in tow.

Days later, a funeral was held, and a holo-monument erected on the beach where it all started, in honor of the heroes that died that day. Andel attended this ceremony. Rain didn't. Dynat was promoted to an Elite shortly after the incident.
[Image: d3009c2d27.PNG]
Dynat(At Podium):"...and as we flew off towards base, I was just happy to have been alive to tell the tale. Everyone who died... they were all great friends of mine. Atiau, my commander. Vessler, a soldier and a close friend. Even that Elite, too badass to die even after they shot him to pieces... It still bothers me that I never caught his name. I'm going to miss every single one of them dearly. That's all I have to say on the subject. Long live Anmosrod."
That brought a tear to my eye, not two, not three, but one tear. Good match  :effort:

:suicide:
Thank you. And that also was kind of sad. Now for the statistics:
Casualties: 15
Units sent: 29
Turns: 81
[Image: 8ec1fda799.png]
Cobra:Although we lost 15 drones during this battle, we still managed to form a peace between a strong empire. And you all have been lied to when people said we betrayed the SDA, they betrayed us. I formed the IDFS to preserve the peace on Salaton. We expanded our empire throughout Junalar and the milky way. We fight not for destruction, not for vengeance, but for peace. Long live the IDFS, and our new ally!

The crowd of civilians cheer at the end of the speech.
This can be moved to finished matches now. TheL20, I hope we can have another match sometime.
What about the name for the match?
Personally, I would call it the 4-hour war. But that's just me.
Sure. Should I make a banner to put in my first post if the name can't be changed?
You can change the name by changing the title of the First post, last I checked.
If that doesn't work then sure, a banner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's